guypjfreak

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

721A1D41-9730-49CF-B747-1C324B0335CA.thumb.jpeg.8af6865635939ddcc01715e30e0c8895.jpeg

Just hoping people remember ... I’ve already decided and got my friends to do the same I will never to hand over any money to the despicable chains again I may however use the facilities of a Wetherspoons .... for taking a piss ... fairly similar to Tim Martin really !  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Greenelk said:

It's mine and Mrs Elk's 2nd wedding anniversary on Sunday, and despite me now having been WFH for over a month, still no sign of divorce looming (that I'm aware of).  That's got to be good news?

We're having a BBQ to celebrate as we can't go out for dinner, and our 25, 22 and 18 year old sons will be joining us.  This will be the longest we will have seen the eldest and youngest for in months, despite the fact they still live at home with us! (as does the middle one, but he's quite social).

Happy anniversary... it’s my folks 49th today ... Fingers crossed for doing something special on the 50th next year 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just hoping people remember ... I’ve already decided and got my friends to do the same I will never to hand over any money to the despicable chains again I may however use the facilities of a Wetherspoons .... for taking a piss ... fairly similar to Tim Martin really !  

Add easyJet to that list of arseholes that includes spoons and sports direct, Making it as difficult as possible to get refunds from cancelled flights. 

Anyway this is a good news thread. I am heading out for my daily exercise. A walk along the country road. Now I know why dogs get so excited when they are taken out for a walk!  

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

That clapping was fucking emotional.... If I've said it once I'll say it again.. 

I don't really get on with my neighbours but we were all a hooting and a clapping and I've turned into a hillbilly lolol 

OK what made me happy today.. 

The new pearl jam album came out today.. Well it was 2am last night and we would have been watching the release of it in the cinema last night if not for c**tvid19..

I was at it by 7am.. Bloody great album.. Here's a tune.. Thought this suited our times 

21 minutes ago, foolee said:

Pearl Jam new album out and Friday night dinner new season is back on, double good news Friday for me! 

The new Friday night dinner has been the highlight of my week. Also one of the funniest episodes they have made 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Remember the clocks go forward tonight

Hopefully by three months! 

Morning AC hope things are as good as they can be ... keep those beautiful photos coming ... and anyone else too ... it seems you have beauty or the doorstep which is a great thing :) 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Morning AC hope things are as good as they can be ... keep those beautiful photos coming ... and anyone else too ... it seems you have beauty or the doorstep which is a great thing :) 

A458D9B3-C020-458B-8E60-0669017DBF33.thumb.jpeg.7b3f440395b042491c2b2410aa1b0620.jpeg

cant get up the hills to take photos so just took this from our front garden.  The path along the riverside takes us into a quiet country lane so we are extremely lucky. I feel really sorry for those who are in cities or flats where getting out for exercise isn’t easy .  Keep well and safe.

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A458D9B3-C020-458B-8E60-0669017DBF33.thumb.jpeg.7b3f440395b042491c2b2410aa1b0620.jpeg

cant get up the hills to take photos so just took this from our front garden.  The path along the riverside takes us into a quiet country lane so we are extremely lucky. I feel really sorry for those who are in cities or flats where getting out for exercise isn’t easy .  Keep well and safe.

I can tactically keep my distance ... you just need to be looking ahead and making judgements as you go ... I go through the town and a slight walk in the country but by the time I’m there it’s time to about turn and come back ... doing about 8k at the mo fast ish walking :) 

Not a pritty pic but I put this piece of art I did out side my house and left it there.. I either live in a good place or it was shit art cis it stayed there for 3 days before someone took it out home lol.. I'm going to be do another one and pop it out somewhere.. Maybe a spring themed one.. 

IMG_20190425_165321.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Not a pritty pic but I put this piece of art I did out side my house and left it there.. I either live in a good place or it was shit art cis it stayed there for 3 days before someone took it out home lol.. I'm going to be do another one and pop it out somewhere.. Maybe a spring themed one.. 

IMG_20190425_165321.jpg

Awesome effort ... probably not taken cos the streets are quiet ... stick a post it note on it and it will go like a flash 

On 3/28/2020 at 11:05 AM, guypjfreak said:

IMG_20190425_165321.jpg

Not only do I like the artwork, but I like the guerrilla placing of it. The later is a line I'd previously thought of doing to promote my own artwork. 

We have a bay window which is directly on to a pavement in our lounge. Every now and then she changes what's in the window, and people have actually told us that they like to see the changes that she makes. At the moment her theme is a 'love' theme - one for us all to embrace. We've noticed people smile and even clap when they view it. What the nutters are doing out there anyway, is anybody's business. 

On 3/27/2020 at 9:25 AM, gmb1992 said:

Congratulations! Which qualification are you doing? 

I just passed the CIMA OCS exam which I'm so pleased about as I HATE case studies! 

That's the exam I passed too! Congratulations! It was my third go & I really thought I'd failed it again oncoming out! 

Which syllabus were you doing? I was doing 2015, the Chokolate Box case study. 

I've been fighting an insurance case for the last year on behalf of a mate. I received an email from one party involved this morning, which I'm pretty sure wasn't meant to have a load of other emails attached to it. Our case is not in the bag, but these additional emails give me hope - as well as more artillery to work with. This has made me a happy bunny this morning. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Lovely pic oneeye 🙂.

How's everyone in Newton Abbot generally? Behaving themselves and staying in? Looking out for each other?

All good here Cooter, Newtonioans are always well behaved (most if the time) 🤣🤣 some good neighbourhood stuff going on though , looking out for the elderly and vulnerable, shopping and phone calls; warms your faith in humanity in these testing times. The NHS applause Thurs evening sounded across the town, bought a lump to the throat I can tell you; good stuff.

Hope all's well over in your neck of the woods there Cooter, stay positive, stay safe 😎👍

14 minutes ago, oneeye said:

All good here Cooter, Newtonioans are always well behaved (most if the time) 🤣🤣 

Hope all's well over in your neck of the woods there Cooter, stay positive, stay safe 😎👍

Good to know oneeye. A BIG HI from up here in Sevenoaks!

We're in a smallish village just out of town, so extremely lucky to have a few fields on our doorstep to run about in. I feel sorry for the city people in flats.

Judging by local facebook stuff general morale is good and help/support is being given when it's needed. NHS clap was great round our way, as well as a couple of fireworks and airhorns.

My lot did a house party family quiz last night which lasted two hours!