Michael and Emily - Class Acts

Hugh Jass

1 minute ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Yep. Works out at a bit less than 2/3l per person at the festival.  So 0.13l per person per day assuning everyone is there for five days, Some are there for less then five days, crew for weeks.

did you say somewhere that they ordered double this year ? or did I imagine it ? 

9 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Yep. Works out at a bit less than 2/3l per person at the festival.  So 0.13l per person per day assuning everyone is there for five days, Some are there for less then five days, crew for weeks.

Edit... I calculated that with  300k at the festival.  Doh!

9 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

On a normal year I'd bet I easily use 1/2 litre.

Some of the dispensers at glasto dispense about 1 litre per pump of the bottle! 😂

22 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

It'll be interesting to see if other festivals formally cancelling this years event will do the same. Surely they must have sanitiser etc back ordered at the very least (looking at IOW in particular today)

One potential difference is that a lot (most?) of the toilet infrastructure at Glastonbury is put in place by the festival itself, whereas just about every other festival hires their facilities in.. So while IOW/Download will most likely buy some supplies, it's be a tiny fraction compared to Glastonbury as the bulk of their usage will come from whoever they're subcontracting out to.

The other commercial factor is that as IOW & Download are part of Live Nation group, supplies designated for them will probably just roll on to Latitude, Wilderness, Reading, Leeds etc.

22 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yeah, as I indicated before, I was in a pretty shit place in my head when I posted what I did. I'm more than happy to be corrected on this. Normally I do try to think things through when posting, but don't always do so (especially if stoned). Mine was a bad post.

It's alright we all have bad days I think a lot of people hadn't put together the circumstances in which NHS workers would need a hotel as well. I know someone who owns a holiday cottage has done the same thing in Norfolk as there is a Doctor who has a high risk child at home so they are letting him use the holiday cottage for free. Stories like this warm your heart when there are so many of the opposite that seem to get more attention. 

Edited by gigpusher

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

It's alright we all have bad days I think a lot of people hadn't put together the circumstances in which NHS workers would need a hotel as well. I know someone who owns a holiday cottage has done the same thing in Norfolk as there is a Doctor who has a high risk child at home so they are letting him use the holiday cottage for free. Stories like this warm your heart when there are so many of the opposite that seem to get more attention. 

Yeah, we're actually doing our bit at this end too. Our ex next door neighbour got booted out of Spain (where he was spending some of the proceeds from the sale of his house, having worked on it for 13 years). As he had no home or anywhere to go, we've lent him our campervan, which we fully stocked with food etc. I think he's living in it on the driveway of his girlfriends house.

On top of the above, we have a cabin at the rear of our garden, which we normally let out via Airbnb. However there are only cancellations nowadays, not bookings. Anyway, the lady two doors up has a son who was working for a few years in Vietnam as an English teacher. He also got booted out of Vietnam a few days ago, and had nowhere to self isolate. So, we've put him up in our cabin. He's OK in there, and we bring him regular meals, drinks etc, even though we're skint ourselves right now. There electricity, heating and wifi in there, so it's not so bad for him. He's actually continuing to teach his clients in Vietnam via the net. 

So yeah, it's important to do your bit, where you are able. I think tonight at 8pm is going to be interesting. I suspect that they'll be a large % of the population clapping, applauding etc. Personally I'm going for the banging a saucepan with a blunt object approach.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 3/25/2020 at 6:17 PM, Benja100 said:

Does every person at the festival use 1 litre of HS? I guess including the crew before / after it is possible but is seems a lot, also they frequently seem to run out too!

I can honestly say I’ve never once used any...! Sorry! 

On 3/24/2020 at 10:13 PM, Smeble said:

The motorsport teams have some the most high tech facilities in the country, making respirators will be pretty easy for them.

You were right. I had no idea that things geared up in one way could turn about face and make something rather dissimilar in such a short space of time. I guess I clean forgot about 3D printing etc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52087002