Michael and Emily - Class Acts

Hugh Jass

42 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This is awesome obviously, but genuine question: what were they going to use all the face masks and gloves for? Presumably not standard purchases for the festival so were they just for medical staff? For the workers during the build? Genuinely curious.

I think they use them in the recycling and medical centres.

31 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Aren't facemasks using during the build if it's dusty?  Is that right @Sawdusty Surfer?

Yes they are if its nice and dry and dusty.

Problem with the masks used is that they're not the P3/FFP3 rated ones so not really much good in the current circumstances.

Jane ordered double the usual amount of sanitizer this year. 40,000 x 5l, that's loads!

Bet nobody on here was in the least bit surprised that the festival donated it.  :)

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

3 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Yes they are if its nice and dry and dusty.

Problem with the masks used is that they're not the P3/FFP3 rated ones so not really much good in the current circumstances.

Jane ordered double the usual amount of sanitizer this year. 40,000 x 5l, that's loads!

Bet nobody on here was in the least bit surprised that the festival donated it.  :)

I think I even suggested it ... I’m sure they were doing it anyway though :) 

Don't they do free suit cleaning for unemployed people going for job interviews as well? Do seem like good eggs.

Interestingly as well, if you have a home appliance removed by the Currys KnowHow service when you buy something new, they use it on a scheme with young offenders to train them up as repairers and fitters.

18 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The problem here (to my mind) is that these factories do not have the machinery to produce respirators. They have the machinery, components etc for producing racing cars. Yes, they could gear up to produce respirators, but that in turn requires another factory to make the kit for them to make the kit to be fabricated in to a respirator. One has to wonder how long a process that is.

As for Gary Neville - being in the accommodation hospitality trade (so to speak), there are no bookings for accommodation taking place anyway, so it's not as if he is bumping paying guests for NHS staff. In any case, how many homeless NHS staff do you know, that urgently need a hotel bedroom to carry on with their work? Now, if he'd offered that 'service' to the homeless then, to my mind, he'd have made a proper gesture. Other than that it appears to me to be a little like he's w*nking himself off at his own 'greatness'. 

He's doing it for NHS staff who have to self-isolate from families. Think how many NHS staff have family at home who are classed as vulnerable and it is just too high risk for them to live at home. My husband's cousin is a key worker (not for the NHS) but she lives with her parents who are over 70 and her mother in particular definitely would not survive corona virus as she is in very poor health anyway. For NHS staff in this position it's a marvellous gesture. He has always been very good at caring and thinking about others. He used all the funds from his testimonial to provide facilities for fans. 

I do think we can be far too cynical about good deeds by celebrities when as we have seen there are far richer people than him behavig like absolute shithouses!

For those who are interested I believe a Corona C##t list and a Corona good egg list is being generated on twitter. I hope we all have long memories and will support those who helped and avoid those who behaved badly. I am of course utterly unsurprised that the Eavis family are on the good egg list!! 

Edited by gigpusher

21 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

He's doing it for NHS staff who have to self-isolate from families. Think how many NHS staff have family at home who are classed as vulnerable and it is just too high risk for them to live at home. My husband's cousin is a key worker (not for the NHS) but she lives with her parents who are over 70 and her mother in particular definitely would not survive corona virus as she is in very poor health anyway. For NHS staff in this position it's a marvellous gesture. He has always been very good at caring and thinking about others. He used all the funds from his testimonial to provide facilities for fans. 

I do think we can be far too cynical about good deeds by celebrities when as we have seen there are far richer people than him behavig like absolute shithouses!

For those who are interested I believe a Corona C##t list and a Corona good egg list is being generated on twitter. I hope we all have long memories and will support those who helped and avoid those who behaved badly. I am of course utterly unsurprised that the Eavis family are on the good egg list!! 

And Duncan Bannatyne is on the goodie list.

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

That's... pretty nice of piers.

By the same token, I'll offer to personally carry the luggage of everyone arriving at Glastonbury 2020.

Maybe it's just my natural bias against him, but given that most authorities have announced they're suspending enforcement and even if they haven't none would dare actually try, he's committing himself to essentially nothing.

6 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yeah, as I indicated before, I was in a pretty shit place in my head when I posted what I did. I'm more than happy to be corrected on this. Normally I do try to think things through when posting, but don't always do so (especially if stoned). Mine was a bad post.

5 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

200,000 litres is loads.  Enough to easily fill a 30ft swimming pool to a depth of about 12ft 😮

Yep. Works out at a bit less than 2/3l per person at the festival.  So 0.13l per person per day assuning everyone is there for five days, Some are there for less then five days, crew for weeks.

Edit... I calculated that with  300k at the festival.  Doh!

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer