Michael and Emily - Class Acts

Hugh Jass

Nice touch from them both

there have been a few instances of people and companies helping, many motorsports teams said they would put their factories over to making respirators and Gary Neville( love him or loath him) closed both his hotels so NHS spcould stay in them for free.

9 minutes ago, Smeble said:

there have been a few instances of people and companies helping, many motorsports teams said they would put their factories over to making respirators .

The problem here (to my mind) is that these factories do not have the machinery to produce respirators. They have the machinery, components etc for producing racing cars. Yes, they could gear up to produce respirators, but that in turn requires another factory to make the kit for them to make the kit to be fabricated in to a respirator. One has to wonder how long a process that is.

As for Gary Neville - being in the accommodation hospitality trade (so to speak), there are no bookings for accommodation taking place anyway, so it's not as if he is bumping paying guests for NHS staff. In any case, how many homeless NHS staff do you know, that urgently need a hotel bedroom to carry on with their work? Now, if he'd offered that 'service' to the homeless then, to my mind, he'd have made a proper gesture. Other than that it appears to me to be a little like he's w*nking himself off at his own 'greatness'. 

16 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

As for Gary Neville - being in the accommodation hospitality trade (so to speak), there are no bookings for accommodation taking place anyway, so it's not as if he is bumping paying guests for NHS staff. In any case, how many homeless NHS staff do you know, that urgently need a hotel bedroom to carry on with their work? Now, if he'd offered that 'service' to the homeless then, to my mind, he'd have made a proper gesture. Other than that it appears to me to be a little like he's w*nking himself off at his own 'greatness'. 

me, I'm the arch cynic, but fair play to Neville - cos he's not only provided the rooms to the NHS, he's paying the staff in the hotel while it's used by the NHS. 

Compare and contrast with Wilf Zaha who has lent the NHS 50 houses in London - while asking yourself how come he's got 50 empty houses in London that he's able to lend. ;) 

PS: for 6 months or so (before it was converted to a hotel) Neville did turn a building over to the homeless, and paid for support services for them.

I almost hate to say it of an ex-Utd player, but Neville is about as good an egg as you find.

Edited by eFestivals

14 minutes ago, Barney McGrew said:

Re. NHS staff, I don't think it's about homelessness rather an option for medics who want to protect their families.

If anyone in our house has symptoms, my Mrs can get tested. If her test comes back negative then she can go back to work at the hospital, who will pay to put her up in a hotel.  I assume Neville's hotel will provide beds in such a scenario.

Re factories.... Gove and Johnson asked my factory to help where we could and we have teamed up with other companies to help produce some of the components 

In my case, we are making PCBs and turning small metal parts which is our expertise.  These parts would normally be ordered from China but making them within UK is obviously quicker. 

I suggest that F1 companies are not suddenly making “ventilators”, but contributing towards the situation where they can. 

Edited by ian the worm

40 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

me, I'm the arch cynic, but fair play to Neville - cos he's not only provided the rooms to the NHS, he's paying the staff in the hotel while it's used by the NHS. 

Compare and contrast with Wilf Zaha who has lent the NHS 50 houses in London - while asking yourself how come he's got 50 empty houses in London that he's able to lend. ;) 

PS: for 6 months or so (before it was converted to a hotel) Neville did turn a building over to the homeless, and paid for support services for them.

I almost hate to say it of an ex-Utd player, but Neville is about as good an egg as you find.

As a City fan it's brutal to say so but yes, he's a top bloke.

Now let's not discuss it further 😉

49 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Re factories.... Gove and Johnson asked my factory to help where we could and we have teamed up with other companies to help produce some of the components 

In my case, we are making PCBs and turning small metal parts which is our expertise.  These parts would normally be ordered from China but making them within UK is obviously quicker. 

I suggest that F1 companies are not suddenly making “ventilators”, but contributing towards the situation where they can. 

They have expensive and sophisticated 3D printing apparatus apparently with the right substrate that can be reconfigured quickly into fabricating many of the plastic components.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I thought that I might be corrected on this. I was in bad form when I posted, so am happy to receive contrasting information. 

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The problem here (to my mind) is that these factories do not have the machinery to produce respirators. They have the machinery, components etc for producing racing cars. Yes, they could gear up to produce respirators, but that in turn requires another factory to make the kit for them to make the kit to be fabricated in to a respirator. One has to wonder how long a process that is.

The motorsport teams have some the most high tech facilities in the country, making respirators will be pretty easy for them.

It was specifically for NHS staff to self isolate away from their families so they didn’t take the virus home to them, but yeah I guess you know better🙄🙄

in 2015 he allowed homeless squatters to stay in the building for 6 months until the building work to turn it into a hotel began, he could have gone to court to get them out, instead he allowed them to stay over the winter and the publicity forced  the local council to open up empty public building to use as shelters. 

3 minutes ago, Smeble said:

The motorsport teams have some the most high tech facilities in the country, making respirators will be pretty easy for them.

It was specifically for NHS staff to self isolate away from their families so they didn’t take the virus home to them, but yeah I guess you know better🙄🙄

in 2015 he allowed homeless squatters to stay in the building for 6 months until the building work to turn it into a hotel began, he could have gone to court to get them out, instead he allowed them to stay over the winter and the publicity forced  the local council to open up empty public building to use as shelters. 

I guess that you must have missed my post about being happy to have been corrected on this already?

9 hours ago, eFestivals said:

In the same boat, I got a telling off from a steward for giving him all sorts of grief in the main stand at Anfield in 2009/2010 (I think). The game were Torres scored after brushing Rio Ferdinand off. Pepe Reina ran the whole length of the pitch to celebrate with David N’Gog after he scored a 90th minute goal to seal it. 
When he retired from football I started reading his column in The Times and his insight on football was spot on and then when he started on the telly I thought his analysis was a breath of fresh air. 
Complete opposite opinion of Carragher. Loved him as a player, can’t stand him now. Obnoxious helmet.