When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Whilst I think the new mask rules are good, it should have been like that since 4th July. The new addition of rules is going to confuse the public more, when they should have just mandated masks in all enclosed spaces except when sat eating or drinking- rather than all this confusion over where masks are actually required.

Also with 5000 confirmed cases today and ZOE estimating 12,000 daily and doubling every 7 days, this new curfew and the mask rules aren’t going to stop the rising cases... it might slow the rates but it’s not going to stop the increase.

I fear a second lockdown in 2-4 weeks time. Especially since the public are not following the rules anymore. Saw a bus today with only 1 person out of 8 with a mask on!!! So who’s going to follow these new mask rules in pubs and restaurants!?

Its all very well and good doubling the mask fine but with police not actually enforcing the rules what’s the point!

Edited by FestivalJamie

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Whilst I think the new mask rules are good, it should have been like that since 4th July. The new addition of rules is going to confuse the public more, when they should have just mandated masks in all enclosed spaces except when sat eating or drinking- rather than all this confusion over where masks are actually required.

Also with 5000 confirmed cases today and ZOE estimating 12,000 daily and doubling every 7 days, this new curfew and the mask rules aren’t going to stop the rising cases... it might slow the rates but it’s not going to stop the increase.

I fear a second lockdown in 2-4 weeks time. Especially since the public are not following the rules anymore. Saw a bus today with only 1 person out of 8 with a mask on!!! So who’s going to follow these new mask rules in pubs and restaurants!?

Not me ...  I won’t be going in any !! Especially now it’s winter 

Big day for this thread! Delighted for @FestivalJamie and @crazyfool1 on the new mask rules.

Other than that though there wasn't a lot in it really, was there? I already had no intention of rushing back to the office and am still mainly avoiding pubs. All the other stuff seemed like stuff that should have been better enforced to start with and I'm really sceptical about it making much difference. I think the whole point of this was just to try to scare people a bit that tougher restrictions could be on the way if they don't comply. Which I think they might be.

Bit concerned about the household thing coming in here now :(

Surely Boris won't add much more at 8pm? I'm off for yoga anyway, will have to catch up when back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Big day for this thread! Delighted for @FestivalJamie and @crazyfool1 on the new mask rules.

Other than that though there wasn't a lot in it really, was there? I already had no intention of rushing back to the office and am still mainly avoiding pubs. All the other stuff seemed like stuff that should have been better enforced to start with and I'm really sceptical about it making much difference. I think the whole point of this was just to try to scare people a bit that tougher restrictions could be on the way if they don't comply. Which I think they might be.

Bit concerned about the household thing coming in here now :(

Surely Boris won't add much more at 8pm? I'm off for yoga anyway, will have to catch up when back.

Nah gove said that all the regulations will be stated in parliament first.

12 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Something must be happening the rise in drug deals happening outside my house has tripled the last two days!!! There were 3 in 20mins yesterday!!! They were all wearing masks though!!! 

My friend’s dealer donated 20% of his profits over the Mayday bank holiday to captain Tom’s fund 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Wonder if it’s time for supermarkets to bring back the queuing systems now. I know they’re arguably unnecessary cos of masks 

I think we should ... we take no less money because of it ... it’s definately time for people to make the decision that only one person goes into stores though ... the less movement and numbers about the better 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Wonder if it’s time for supermarkets to bring back the queuing systems now. I know they’re arguably unnecessary cos of masks 

That security on the door/outside  presence also increases the face covering usage ... without the need to challenge people 

My boss told me today that he went for lunch at the weekend in a chain restaurant who’s name I won’t mention (definitely doesn’t rhyme with “Nagamamas”) with his brother.

When they arrived, they were asked if they’re from the same household, and when they said no they were given a table where the two seats were 1m apart and there was a Perspex screen between them.

First I’ve heard of a restaurant allowing for physical distancing between people even within the same table. Fair play to them, it’s a good setup they’ve got. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

My boss told me today that he went for lunch at the weekend in a chain restaurant who’s name I won’t mention (definitely doesn’t rhyme with “Nagamamas”) with his brother.

When they arrived, they were asked if they’re from the same household, and when they said no they were given a table where the two seats were 1m apart and there was a Perspex screen between them.

First I’ve heard of a restaurant allowing for physical distancing between people even within the same table. Fair play to them, it’s a good setup they’ve got. 

Great stuff ... it’s well worth celebrating the good stuff along with the shit ... the business that put the effort in should reap rewards for the outlay 

Instead of making closing time earlier they should make opening times later. Everyone's up for a party after a few beers at 10pm but who's got the dedication and temerity to drink at the pub 20:15 - 3:00?

Well me but but that's the exact reason I moved to the city centre.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Great stuff ... it’s well worth celebrating the good stuff along with the shit ... the business that put the effort in should reap rewards for the outlay 

My local brewery pubs have been doing very well. All staffed masked up since reopening, table service only. 

The trouble is that they keep asking you if you want more when you’re 3/4 through your pint so they encourage you to drink faster. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Offices have been closed anyway so moot point. But I assume face coverings would have been included if offices hadn't been re-closed.

Sorry what do you mean offices are closed?? Most are open just at lower capacities, mine one is 50% and I know friends who work in similar

Apart from "work from home if you can" there was nothing mentioned about offices

Personally I'm WFH and prefer to keep it that way as long as possible... with masks our HQ masks are optional but the DC next door they are mandatory as some places difficult to maintain 2m rule they have implemented. I think in offices masks should be worn when you move about but can be taken off at your desk like they are doing with hospitality