When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

15 minutes ago, northernringo said:

We got an announcement in NI yesterday that people can't meet in houses anymore. Across the entire province.

It does say there are certain exclusions, such as bubbles but I've no idea the current definition on bubbles.

I'm not going 6 months without going to my partner's house...

This is what i was concerned about before the announcement today.

We're in a 'local lockdown' atm where i am, but honestly.. when we were in full lockdown before and it was like 14 weeks i didnt see my boyfriend and honestly it was awful. 6 months is far too much to not see your partner. But if you're 'bubbling' thats probably your way around it. That's what i'd do!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

This is what i was concerned about before the announcement today.

We're in a 'local lockdown' atm where i am, but honestly.. when we were in full lockdown before and it was like 14 weeks i didnt see my boyfriend and honestly it was awful. 6 months is far too much to not see your partner. But if you're 'bubbling' thats probably your way around it. That's what i'd do!!

We had a couple of local lockdowns for a week or so but then they just said the entirety of NI is under the same restrictions now.

Of course, it isn't complete lockdown as I can still meet my partner for a meal, drinks, walks, etc. but most times we meet would be indoors at her place or mine.

They need to clarify the situation in regards to bubbles - is it only applicable to us if one of us lived on our own? Both of us live with our families so no idea if we can meet.

Even if we can't do the bubble thing, we'll still just meet but probably not as frequently.

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Ahhh he’s just thrown us all under a jolly ol’ English double decker bus there. What a buffoon. 

It's the equivalent of a parent whose kids are chucking a tantrum at a party just looking at the other parents and shrugging his shoulders with a "what can you do?" face.

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

We had a couple of local lockdowns for a week or so but then they just said the entirety of NI is under the same restrictions now.

Of course, it isn't complete lockdown as I can still meet my partner for a meal, drinks, walks, etc. but most times we meet would be indoors at her place or mine.

They need to clarify the situation in regards to bubbles - is it only applicable to us if one of us lived on our own? Both of us live with our families so no idea if we can meet.

Even if we can't do the bubble thing, we'll still just meet but probably not as frequently.

Yeah, i think the bubble thing is supposed to be if one of you lives alone. But, and this isnt the right thing to do.. i know i know i get it its wrong, but 6 months is a hell of a long time. Who's to know that when she comes to your house she doesnt live alone.. whos to know when you go to hers that you dont

I know its not the rules, but ive done everything i was supposed to do all the way through, but 6 months is such a long time and i'll be bending the bubble rules if that comes in over here. Shoot me!

So I can’t visit other households now but can have my grandkids only if it’s for essential childcare. If I want to see my brother we have to meet in a pub. Meanwhile 12 to 18 year olds from different households can meet in groups of 6 out of doors. So thats good news for the underage Buckfast and cheap cider drinkers who inhabit our parks of an evening. No mention of the scandal up here that is the high level of care home deaths since all this started. 

We shouldn’t have different regulations for the four nations. Just for the duration of this worldwide crisis we should be acting as a United Kingdom, obviously with consulting and formulating a united approach. Might not suit some folk but would bring clarity. 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Amazing that 35% of people think BJ is doing a banging job! 

When you've put your faith in someone, it's really hard to let it go and accept that you personally fucked up in that faith. No one likes admitting error, not really.

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

worried about your wedding numbers being affected ... how about planning a grouse shoot as part of the day 

https://newsthump.com/2020/09/22/couple-coincidentally-getting-married-during-140-person-grouse-shoot/

Honest officer, this isn’t an illegal rave, we’ve just decided to hire a DJ for our grouse shoot😉