When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I can't quite tell if it's just me, but is he incapable of referring to female MPs and right honourable?  Both Lucas and Hillier get "she raises a question" and everyone else gets "my right honourable friend".  Or is only Tories that get that honour, and everyone else misses it?

I don’t think it’s based on party or gender. Not sure what makes someone right honourable but it does seem to be a title rather than a preference made by Bojo

DE3B6CBE-D152-40DC-8EF3-463678D8A711.thumb.jpeg.af61fca97f3342cf0fa8f139eb571b4a.jpeg

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

It's unthinkable isn't it? Did you think 6 months ago you would be living your life under these conditions for the next year? Is there anyone on here that still thinks Glastonbury is going ahead next year? Your lives have all changed forever and you don't realise it, we're never going back to how it was.

I realise my life has changed, stop arrogantly thinking that you know how others feel about matters.

The Army won’t be on your street, I know how much you love a conspiracy but they will be brought into help with logistics and testing. You won’t see check points or armed guards on street corners forcing people back home. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I don’t think it’s based on party or gender. Not sure what makes someone right honourable but it does seem to be a title rather than a preference made by Bojo

DE3B6CBE-D152-40DC-8EF3-463678D8A711.thumb.jpeg.af61fca97f3342cf0fa8f139eb571b4a.jpeg

It's a general tradition / courtesy in the house, so not required. But it's noticeable that the male MPs get a right honourable from Johnson, while the female MPs don't.

It's by far the lowest thing on the list of reasons why I think he's a dick. Not exclusively as Crouch did just get it, but she's been a rarity in the last half an hour.

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

It's unthinkable isn't it? Did you think 6 months ago you would be living your life under these conditions for the next year? Is there anyone on here that still thinks Glastonbury is going ahead next year? Your lives have all changed forever and you don't realise it, we're never going back to how it was.

well im 50 /50 .... so is @Ozanne I think and @eFestivals I think believes it will still go ahead ..... me based on a vaccine to the vulnerable and then it will be open to personal risk decisions ... 

7 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's a general tradition / courtesy in the house, so not required. But it's noticeable that the male MPs get a right honourable from Johnson, while the female MPs don't.

It's by far the lowest thing on the list of reasons why I think he's a dick. Not exclusively as Crouch did just get it, but she's been a rarity in the last half an hour.

It depends if they are part of the Privy Council or Cabinet/Shadow Cabinet. 

He could still call them his honourable friend. 

https://g.co/kgs/2JacUZ

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

I can't quite tell if it's just me, but is he incapable of referring to female MPs and right honourable?  Both Lucas and Hillier get "she raises a question" and everyone else gets "my right honourable friend".  Or is only Tories that get that honour, and everyone else misses it?

I *think* whether you're honourable or right honourable has something to do with sitting on the privy council.  But I don't know what the privy council actually is.  I don't know why Johnson isn't using the title for everyone.

This answer isn't much use.  Sorry.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Right Honourable is for privy council members and others of high office, your garden variety MP should just be referred to as Honourable. I can't be bothered checking if Boris is just not bothering for anyone in that category or whether it's a genuine issue with women.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

well im 50 /50 .... so is @Ozanne I think and @eFestivals I think believes it will still go ahead ..... me based on a vaccine to the vulnerable and then it will be open to personal risk decisions ... 

I would agree with that. It’s a long way off until a decision has to be made and the info about a vaccine was the only crumb of comfort yesterday. We will be heading into the summer months and hopefully the measures being implemented today might arrest this increase in infection.   

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I'm 50/50 too...currently not looking good...but things change, who knows where we'll be come February.

Edited by steviewevie

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think Glastonbury is going ahead next year. I’ve never steered you guys wrong with this type of prediction 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Right Honourable is for privy council members and others of high office, your garden variety MP should just be referred to as Honourable. I can't be bothered checking if Boris is just not bothering for anyone in that category or whether it's a genuine issue with women.

5 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I *think* whether you're honourable or right honourable has something to do with sitting on the privy council.  But I don't know what the privy council actually is.  I don't know why Johnson isn't using the title for everyone.

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Ha ha ha. Snap.

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

4 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

4 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Aye, checked myself and you're all correct, Rt Hon is for specific members so my bad.

General MPs should be referred to as honourable, and for the period I was listening it was definitely noticeable that he was less likely to use it for the female MPs. 

Again, it's not the worst thing he's done, and a lot of people will see it as not really mattering.  But it's those little ingrained behaviours in someone like that that just act to undermine. He probably doesn't even realise he des it. Twatwaffle.