When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, ace56blaa said:

So still no plan for extending furlough or replacing beyond, "Just work you fucking bastards," businesses are going to shut, theres people still on furlough waiting to see if they'll be let go at the end of october" (Like me) and yet no plan whatsoever

surely there will have to be something for those affected by this.

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Did no one else notice, the "these will be enforced by the police with assistance from the Military" he casually threw in there? Welcome to Martial law. The curfew for the pubs will be extended to everyone not going to work or returning home.

Really surprised no-one picked up kn that. I agree with restrictions by and large but that was more than a bit worrying.

Just now, Ozanne said:

Martial law? Come on. I guarantee the vast majority will not see the Army on their streets. That’s sheer hyperbole.

Exactly. The army might be used to help out the police or deliver food to some grannies who are isolating. Anyone expecting to see army checkpoints in the streets at 10pm is absolutely fucked in the head. 

I can't quite tell if it's just me, but is he incapable of referring to female MPs and right honourable?  Both Lucas and Hillier get "she raises a question" and everyone else gets "my right honourable friend".  Or is only Tories that get that honour, and everyone else misses it?

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Martial law? Come on. I guarantee the vast majority will not see the Army on their streets. That’s sheer hyperbole.

It's unthinkable isn't it? Did you think 6 months ago you would be living your life under these conditions for the next year? Is there anyone on here that still thinks Glastonbury is going ahead next year? Your lives have all changed forever and you don't realise it, we're never going back to how it was.

Just now, gizmoman said:

It's unthinkable isn't it? Did you think 6 months ago you would be living your life under these conditions for the next year? Is there anyone on here that still thinks Glastonbury is going ahead next year? Your lives have all changed forever and you don't realise it, we're never going back to how it was.

yay