When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I guess March is when we’d be looking at the R naturally falling down because it’s coming into the summer, so even if there’s no vaccine by then we could see some temporary relaxations before lockdown 3.0 roughly this time next year. 

Depends on when it comes down from its peak I guess - if its still falling off come March, little might change in the way of social interactions. Its all about the vaccine I think now!

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Also completely ignored the fact that the restrictions in Leicester and Bolton haven’t stopped the issues there. 

You can always tell when he's skirting around something as his rate of talking rockets.  It's like someone sprinting past a house with a scary dog in it.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

You can always tell when he's skirting around something as his rate of talking rockets.  It's like someone sprinting past a house with a scary dog in it.

Like a randy alcoholic jumping out of a bedroom window when a scary husband arrives.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, st dan said:

So we’re all expecting to WFH until March at the earliest then? I keep saving £250 a month on train costs (and better work/home balance) if so - so no complaining from me on that one!!

I think this will come up in the budget, it has to. Those of us who are lucky enough to not only keep our jobs but are also saving since we're not spending will have to be taxed. That would be fair - tax us to help support the poor sods who can't work or have been fired as a result of this effing virus.

Just now, hfuhruhurr said:

I think this will come up in the budget, it has to. Those of us who are lucky enough to not only keep our jobs but are also saving since we're not spending will have to be taxed. That would be fair - tax us to help support the poor sods who can't work or have been fired as a result of this effing virus.

I agree and would be happy to contribute - but would be almost impossible to manage/enforce. 

2 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Absolute nonsense. You haven’t been able to spend because of things being shut, so let’s just take your money off you? 

“Lucky enough to keep our jobs”, you mean working full time for effectively 20% of your wages? Even less than that if your employer enforced a pay cut. 

• Downvote 1