When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

58 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

This isn't true. 

Every greater Manchester uni issued a statement saying students face disciplinary procedures up to exclusion if they don't follow guidance. 

Students are also being made to sign a pledge sticking by the rules and the GM universities aren't hosting any significant physical events as there's local lockdown

Those in the article linked will now have procedures against them.

Yep.

I don't know how it is anywhere else, but our lot can and do get fined if there's a significant breach of the student disciplinary code. Typically 100-250 quid "spot fines" (for lack of a better description) that can be imposed by designated roles, but the fine can go higher if it's deemed appropriate to escalate the matter. Yes, full suspensions or expulsions are very rare, but there's a lot of actions short of that can be taken.

3 hours ago, Ozanne said:

What is this pride in work you are talking of? 😉

Speaking if which...

I don't hold my customers in the highest regard at the best of times, but today! Fuck me. It's like they held a meeting and decided to hold a competition on who could be the thickest.

For some reason I can't work out, mask wearing has dropped off a cliff today. And couple that with everyone deciding to stand really close to each other. We have quite a small space for reception and do have signs asking people to wait outside. The usual, notices, hazard tape, dots on the floor etc. At one point there were three groups in reception. It would've been a bit uncomfortably close in normal circumstances. And when I asked the two groups I wasn't checking in to leave they all just stood and stared at me like I was mad. Hardly any of this lot wearing masks.

The weirdest one though, I was checking in a group of 5 people. They were fairly spaced out in the room as they were the only ones on there. This guy came in and just stood in the middle of their group. Which is a fucking weird thing to do anyway. He wasn't being awkward or making a point. He couldn't see what he was doing wrong. 6 months this has been going on and it was like I was telling him about this, you know, whole pandemic thing for the first time

Edited by philipsteak
Typos
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I really hope this second lockdown talk is just a threat or to scare us.

If they're going to lock down I'd rather they do it now than later, as March showed the longer you leave it, the more people die and the longer it has to last

6 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Speaking if which...

I don't hold my customers in the highest regard at the best of times, but today! Fuck me. It's like they held a meeting and decided to hold a competition on who could be the thickest.

For some reason I can't work out, mask wearing has dropped off a cliff today. And couple that with everyone deciding to stand really close to each other. We have quite a small space for reception and do have signs asking people to wait outside. The usual, notices, hazard tape, dots on the floor etc. At one point there were three groups in reception. It would've been a bit uncomfortably close in normal circumstances. And when I asked the two groups I wasn't checking in to leave they all just did and started at me like I was mad. Hardly any of this lot wearing masks.

The weirdest one though, I was checking in a group of 5 people. They were fairly spaced out in the room as they weren't the only ones on there. This guy came in and just stood in the middle of their group. Which is a fucking weird thing to do anyway. He wasn't being awkward or making a point. He couldn't see what he was doing wrong. 6 months this has been going on and it was like I was telling him about this, you know, whole pandemic thing for the first time

I fully understand .... they are something else .... I asked a customer to put a mask back on as she was shouting in my direction .... she looked at me in amazement  ... they get stranger by the day 24 years in retail I thought id seen it all .... but no I haven't !! all this respect for shop workers that was supposed to happen its clearly gone out the window ... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They’ll need to have some type of support in place which will come another u turn. 

thats a u turn we shouldn't question ... that will be totally the right call ..... support everywhere that needs it still .... I understand why they are delaying at the moment too 

21 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The PM will give an address to the Nation on Tuesday apparently.

From what I've seen it's going to be him doing it similarly to the coming out of lockdown speech so what may happen if cases go higher instead of a full on lockdown announcement but who knows what will happen between now and then 

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

From what I've seen it's going to be him doing it similarly to the coming out of lockdown speech so what may happen if cases go higher instead of a full on lockdown announcement but who knows what will happen between now and then 

I’ve seen that the next action that might be taken is London specific but that doesn’t make sense with an address from the PM. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve seen that the next action that might be taken is London specific but that doesn’t make sense with an address from the PM.

The issue I have with everyone saying about a full lockdown is that this government won't shut down an area that doesn't have a huge influx of cases, for example I'm in Norwich which has had 8 cases per 100,000 people which is far below cases in areas such as Bolton - I think a lot of these areas are going to see travel restrictions e.g no non-essential travel between counties 

27 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

The issue I have with everyone saying about a full lockdown is that this government won't shut down an area that doesn't have a huge influx of cases, for example I'm in Norwich which has had 8 cases per 100,000 people which is far below cases in areas such as Bolton - I think a lot of these areas are going to see travel restrictions e.g no non-essential travel between counties 

I'm amazed the NW isn't on that - surely that's the answer, to keep it in the areas it's already in