• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steviewevie

• Ozanne

• crazyfool1

• zahidf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

I can’t get the following thought out of my head and it’s making the old bottom lip wobble: Wednesday evening at the 2021 festival, the sun has been out all day but temperature not stifling, perf

Howdy folks...sorry I'm late to the party! Was in a meeting and could see notifications coming up! So, looks very promising indeed. The vaccinated group not only didn't develop severe disease, bu

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Agreed.....apart from the Xmas bit as I'm a bit of a humbug about that.  Festival of excess and all the gluttony and pressure on people to conform when they can't afford it.  Don't get me started on the ads that say such things as ".....and how about this 52" HD Smart TV for Gran....only £799 at PC World" etc.  Makes me fume.  Rant over.

You'd expect 4k at least for that price these days.

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

Mykonos holiday in October has now bitten the dust. Easyjet just cancelled all flights there from 1st Oct. Presumably people have been cancelling in droves since the quarantine came in. Now have the option to switch flight to elsewhere. God knows where though!

We've had easyjets booked to Gran Canaria for ages watching the price come down and down and down. We could have got them now for £39 return if we booked today. We decided ages ago that we wouldnt go if quarantine was still on so we're now assuming we're not going.

15 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

We've had easyjets booked to Gran Canaria for ages watching the price come down and down and down. We could have got them now for £39 return if we booked today. We decided ages ago that we wouldnt go if quarantine was still on so we're now assuming we're not going.

I reckon Easyjet are being a bit snide (funnily enough). They've said we can change our flights for free. But most of the flights are now waaaaaaaaay cheaper than the £130 return we paid back in Jan or whenever it was. Much better to cancel then rebook. I bet loads of people are falling for it though.

28 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Turkey looking like the best shout for a sunny getaway right now.

Ta, is that looking safer then? You're the second person to tell me that. Was considering Cyprus - but apparently you need a test (costing about £150) in order to go.

27 minutes ago, stuie said:

The government are to blame for the non compliance.  The messaging has been so confusing and hideous its really not a surprise.  

Plus the Cummings saga which really started the decline in trust during the pandemic. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Plus the Cummings saga which really started the decline in trust during the pandemic. 

That’s the day it all changed for me and many others. From that day onwards, I take protections that I feel necessary in order to keep myself and others safe, but I do not avoid doing things purely because the government told me not to, if that makes sense 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's like Bill+Ted, this pair are going to be the saviours of mankind!

Right now I'd settle for people just being adequate to each other.

23 minutes ago, Homer said:

Ta, is that looking safer then? You're the second person to tell me that. Was considering Cyprus - but apparently you need a test (costing about £150) in order to go.

My daughter has just returned from Turkey and she said it's safer than here. Everyone wearing masks in public places, hotel lobby, taxis, walking to they're sun bed , going to the buffet etc etc. Her Cape Verde holiday on Oct 5th was cancelled last week so she's going back to Turkey again haha.

• Upvote 1

More restrictions coming:

Tighter restrictions will come into force in Lancashire, Merseyside, the Midlands and West Yorkshire after significant increases in Covid-19 cases.
The new rules ban separate households from meeting each other at home or in private gardens.
Pubs and restaurants must also shut early in parts of Lancashire and Merseyside. 
The measures will come into force from Tuesday.

I’m off to uni in the midlands 😬

Edited by FestivalJamie
2 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

More restrictions coming:

Tighter restrictions will come into force in Lancashire, Merseyside, the Midlands and West Yorkshire after significant increases in Covid-19 cases.
The new rules ban separate households from meeting each other at home or in private gardens.
Pubs and restaurants must also shut early in parts of Lancashire and Merseyside. 
The measures will come into force from Tuesday.

I’m off to uni in the midlands 😬

What counts as the Midlands there? Pretty big area.