When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

I should also point out that it was a Sainsbury’s local and I popped in to get milk, not the actual supermarket. So 4/10 people including me had a mask on. It’s a pretty small sample size, hopefully just an anomaly 

from what im hearing from friends compliance seems to be worse in smaller shops .... dont know why .... maybe in a big supermarket people have made the habit of having their mask with them as part of a routine , a small shop its just assumed its ok to pop in briefly having forgotten it ? 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

from what im hearing from friends compliance seems to be worse in smaller shops .... dont know why .... maybe in a big supermarket people have made the habit of having their mask with them as part of a routine , a small shop its just assumed its ok to pop in briefly having forgotten it ? 

I’d imagine a higher portion of people in smaller shops didn’t leave home intending to go shopping and just popped in on their way back from somewhere that they didn’t need a mask? Just a guess 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive a person I was going to say friend that shops daily where I work and when he sees me he feels fit to shout my name at top volume .... I think on 5 occasions Ive managed to ignore him , dont think hes quite worked it out why yet !! 40% is horrendous ... are you in a city ? 

My asda in Ellesmere port I'd say it's only 30% compliance, I can't go in there now because it makes my blood boil and what pissed me of the most was two care workers shopping with no masks. I've just spent £36 on that muscle food website so I don't have to go back in there.

On 9/10/2020 at 2:10 PM, steviewevie said:

Not sure why im quoting something (but im old and easily confused). Just to say the advice about not spending all the time worrying and reading abput covid is spot on. Take it from someone who was thinking of killing his family and himself as he was convinced the world was gonna end in 1999 (Yugoslavia war etc). I was compulsively checking news in  case something had changed in 5 minutes. I know when im slipping sgain cos i will start to read bbc news etc too often.

A serious question tho it may sound antagonistic its not meant that way. Ultimatley what would some of you like to happen (not on about a vaccine- we all want that) but in a - what is the best you want to happen? Lock down ?then what? It will bubble away and still be out there. Theres no avoiding it- there are steps we can all take to minimise but thats not the same thing.

22 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I think masks are a decent idea to help us open up some more of society in a safe way but.... seriously?

I don't get it. Mask compliance has been pretty good in Stockport recently, but it hasn't been able to stop the cases rising and rising. I'm not going to stop wearing a mask - I'll do anything to help keep this virus down - but it's not looking as if they're really all that effective to keep the virus at bay. If vaccines aren't better then we're totally fucked.

3 minutes ago, danmarks said:

A serious question tho it may sound antagonistic its not meant that way. Ultimatley what would some of you like to happen (not on about a vaccine- we all want that) but in a - what is the best you want to happen? Lock down ?then what? It will bubble away and still be out there. Theres no avoiding it- there are steps we can all take to minimise but thats not the same thing.

herd mentality

Walked 20 mins to the post office today, got to the door, kept questioning whether I should just go in, only going to be a second... couldn’t do it after all I moan about people not wearing them so went back home again with my post.

Btw, I do appreciate that people such as @crazyfool1 and @Ozanne enjoy reading and interacting here and helps their own sanity, I was more aiming my previous comment as a generic if you do struggle then maybe reading negativity regarding COVID then maybe this forum page wasn’t the place to be.  I just hope everyone does what’s best for them. 

Just now, sisco said:

Walked 20 mins to the post office today, got to the door, kept questioning whether I should just go in, only going to be a second... couldn’t do it after all I moan about people not wearing them so went back home again with my post.

Btw, I do appreciate that people such as @crazyfool1 and @Ozanne enjoy reading and interacting here and helps their own sanity, I was more aiming my previous comment as a generic if you do struggle then maybe reading negativity regarding COVID then maybe this forum page wasn’t the place to be.  I just hope everyone does what’s best for them. 

oh absolutely and understand the opposite too ... Its a tough world and people have very different ways of coping with things ... your point equally as valid