When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

well...I think current idea is local lockdown isn't it? NW already has more restrictions...although fucked if I know what they actually are. Just have to see, maybe they will expand the pub/restaurant restrictions in Bolton elsewhere...but if they start doing it some places, then will have to do elsewhere as cases spread across country, which they inevitably will.

Looking at the NW right now, only really Bolton could be described as being in lockdown. Everywhere else has extended restrictions compared to the rest of the UK, but much less so than the draconian lockdown that we experienced between March and June.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

I wouldn't get so stressed about seeing people on your day to day walks. It'll just stress you out.

I get this, and I’m trying. But first I went past the fish and chip shop, 5 teenagers in there not wearing masks. Then I went past a corner store, 4 men in there without masks on browsing. Then I went past another takeaway, 2 men in there without masks on ordering something.

Its clear people are not sticking to the mask rules here, and no one is enforcing them either. I’m trying not to get stressed out but everywhere I go in this country people aren’t wearing masks when they should be. A few weeks back at dominoes 4 teenagers weren’t wearing masks either. I’m getting sick of it now and no wonder the numbers are spiking so much in the uk when no one is sticking to the damn rules. It’s not hard, just wear a mask! But so many people think they are better than it and it always tends to be in the smaller shops/takeaway stores when people think they can get away with it!!

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Looking at the NW right now, only really Bolton could be described as being in lockdown. Everywhere else has extended restrictions compared to the rest of the UK, but much less so than the draconian lockdown that we experienced between March and June.

we can't go to other people's houses, meet others in pubs...things like that.

Maybe problem is many places in NW, Birmingham and S Wales that have higher numbers is more factory type work places so people less able to work from home.

And they like to rave.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

we can't go to other people's houses, meet others in pubs...things like that.

Maybe problem is many places in NW, Birmingham and S Wales that have higher numbers is more factory type work places so people less able to work from home.

And they like to rave.

Based on the people I’ve spoken to, the no meeting in pubs guideline is being widely ignored. Very few pubs are checking if every member in a group is from the same household so there’s lots of mingling going on that’s against the guidelines. 

7 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I get this, and I’m trying. But first I went past the fish and chip shop, 5 teenagers in there not wearing masks. Then I went past a corner store, 4 men in there without masks on browsing. Then I went past another takeaway, 2 men in there without masks on ordering something.

Its clear people are not sticking to the mask rules here, and no one is enforcing them either. I’m trying not to get stressed out but everywhere I go in this country people aren’t wearing masks when they should be. A few weeks back at dominoes 4 teenagers weren’t wearing masks either. I’m getting sick of it now and no wonder the numbers are spiking so much in the uk when no one is sticking to the damn rules. It’s not hard, just wear a mask! But so many people think they are better than it and it always tends to be in the smaller shops/takeaway stores when people think they can get away with it!!

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

They don't seem to actually be doing anything about it though? I'm confused by the lack of action, I know the rule of 6 is minimal but at least it's something in an attempt to prevent spread 

I think they closed nightclubs (madness that they were ever opened tbh, but hey ho) in mid August but not sure they’ve done anything further than that. Perhaps they can’t afford another lockdown? 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I think they closed nightclubs (madness that they were ever opened tbh, but hey ho) in mid August but not sure they’ve done anything further than that. Perhaps they can’t afford another lockdown? 

Are they quarentining people on arrival? I know Spain is a tourist hotspot during the summer so people coming from all over Europe can't have helped - I also noticed but they've added 120,000 cases in the last 2 weeks? I know there are increased cases all over Europe but nothing has been this high that I've seen