When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

14 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

Much more familiar with question time in Australia than UK PMQ’s but I thought she started brilliantly. Maybe fell away a touch by the end but still landed enough in the first few questions to do the job for me. 

The problem with PMQs has never been the questions or the person asking them. 

Its the vague responses from the right dishonourable gentleman opposite that are causing the issues. 

16 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

Much more familiar with question time in Australia than UK PMQ’s but I thought she started brilliantly. Maybe fell away a touch by the end but still landed enough in the first few questions to do the job for me. 

It doesn’t help that the PM isn’t koalafied... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

For anyone who is following my daughter's COVID test from yesterday, we've got the results back and she's negative, which means school tomorrow, friend's birthday party this afternoon, Grandma visits and I can pop to the shop!

Great news mate. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Starmer and Rayner as a tag team running the country is a future we should all be optimistic about 

100% agree with this!

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Zing.

She’s awesome!

Proper burn.

🔥🔥🔥

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Had to turn off tbh.  I really need to at least be listening if not watching, but everything about him makes me uncontrollably angry. Makes working a bit tricky.

She was doing pretty well though. As Ozanne said her strength is in being very clear with her words.

I had a similar reaction! I thought she was good though. Excellent starter too I thought :D

@FestivalJamie Just wanted to add to those wishing you luck and to say remember that it is your experience to do your way. Two of my still current best friends I met by being assigned them as flatmates in halls at the age of 18. I'm 37 now. Didn't have to go too far to meet them.

Latest discovery in terms of therapeutics HERE

Published online in Cell in the last couple of days but basically is shows that in order for the virus to get into target cells, not only does it need to use ACE2, but it also needs to bind Heparan Sulfate (HS) first (which is part of the carbohydrate layer on the surface of the types of cells the virus infects). The first step, binding to HS opens up the receptor binding domain of the spike, allowing it to interact with ACE2 and get into our cells. Nicely conducted study and possibly a massive finding. The reason for that is we have drugs that we already use that can block the interaction with HS (namely the anti-coagulant heparin in various forms). In fact, there are already 64 different studies underway examining whether heparin or its derivatives might be useful therapeutically for COVID. The reason these studies were started was because coagulation problems were observed in a lot of patients that were having difficulty with the disease (and indeed in one study, disseminated intravascular coagulation was observed in a massive 74% of patients that didn't survive, whereas less than 1% of patients that survived had coagulation problems). However, in addition to treating the coagulation, heparin may actually impact upon the ability of the virus to enter cells and thus replicate. So, we already had an indication that anti-coagulants may help improve outcomes for COVID patients, but now it seems we have a key piece of the mechanism and they may do more. 

• Upvote 3