When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

15 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

The BorisBoys are already out in force saying how the timing of Starmer self-isolating is ‘convenient’. I’m not sure what for but...

Maybe they meant it sincerely. As in, it's convenient he won't be able to hand Johnson's arse to him at PMQs quite so easily. 

its worth remembering that people posting on this thread have more than likely gone through the many tough deliberations and have made decisions based on what they feel is right for them and their circumstances at the time .... whilst it isn't always the decision you personally might make please remember they have all the information that makes them come to that conclusion . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54144130

“JD Wetherspoon has said that 66 of its workers have tested positive for the coronavirus but maintains that visiting pubs is safe.”

When no staff or customers are wearing masks I literally don’t understand how pubs are “safe” at the moment. Honestly until we change this there will keep being transmission in these locations because having people moving about in an indoor environment without masks simply is going to cause transmission between guests and staff, and it’s especially not fair on the staff.

There is v little transmission in pubs remember - the talking Toby jug himself said so 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

it is safe for kids isn't it?

Not so much for teachers and some of the kids families. Plus zero thought as to what happens if the kids are suddenly sent home due to an outbreak - what are parents meant to do for childcare? They've been told to stop homeworking! 

Now kids are sent home with covid-19 symptoms and aren't allowed back til they test negative, but the testing system has already collapsed and they can't get tests

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Not so much for teachers and some of the kids families. Plus zero thought as to what happens if the kids are suddenly sent home due to an outbreak - what are parents meant to do for childcare? They've been told to stop homeworking! 

Now kids are sent home with covid-19 symptoms and aren't allowed back til they test negative, but the testing system has already collapsed and they can't get tests

well, this was always the risk...schools know this and parents have been told this. No easy answers...except most experts insist it is vital that kids are back in school, and the risk to kids themselves is minimal.

The testing is another issue...looks like govt have fecked up there...again.

22 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Ah I see. 

Yeah, If anything its inconvenient as this is a crucial time for an opposition to question the government

I’m watching his appearance on LBC over lunch. Starmer is extremely likeable, I find him one of the most likeable MPs at the moment. He’s brilliant. 

17 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It doesn't need to be an outbreak. My daughter has a blocked nose and a cough - a cold.  Off school until her cough has ceased for 48 hours.  This was her second week back and she probably won't be back until next week. She's not the only one in her class.

Sending the kids back is going to be incredibly tricky.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m watching his appearance on LBC over lunch. Starmer is extremely likeable, I find him one of the most likeable MPs at the moment. He’s brilliant. 

It's just good watching a politician who doesn't avoid a question at every turn, even if it's something that could make him look bad, like Nick's final question about antisemitism and taking 16 months to deal with a problematic minister. 

Also always good to see him acknowledging how Boris Johnson uses the last question of PMQs to just spew a monologue of insults with no repercussions.  

But yeah it's looking more hopeful everyday for labour

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

It doesn't need to be an outbreak. My daughter has a blocked nose and a cough - a cold.  Off school until her cough has ceased for 48 hours.  This was her second week back and she probably won't be back until next week. She's not the only one in her class.

Sending the kids back is going to be incredibly tricky.

It is indeed, but it feels like not much thoughts gone into it