When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

First data from the Russian vaccine published in today’s Lancet! Will have a look through it in detail later, but a cursory scan of the summary looks promising. Very small study so far, but looks like they have realised that international uptake would be minimal without following normal scientific protocol...

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31866-3/fulltext 

Edited by Toilet Duck

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

Cheers mate. 

At our level several clubs are reliant on income funding a playing squad, and without that income there’d be no squad. My club does pay all players, and has lost a lot of money through venue hire, bar take etc, but would probably retain a large percentage of the squad if we were unpaid as our payment structure is largely about rewarding players rather than enticing them. There would be a few for whom it would no longer be worth it, either because they travel a bit further or could earn through work on a Saturday. There’s be some, like myself, who would still play but wouldn’t have the same level of commitment. I’m not doing a 600 mile round trip every other weekend for nothing! 

Many clubs at level 4 and most at level 3 would suddenly struggle to put out a side with no pay, so the push for a return ASAP is mainly from those clubs. 

Yeah I can see that being the case for clubs where there's more regular outgoing costs. I've heard of this being paid malarkey, at mine we're happy to get a plate of scran and a jug of bitter after the game :lol:

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lol there was literally a poll tonight with biden 3+ in texas and polls yesterday with bdien 14 and 9 ahead nationally 

I'm going with... no

that is pretty much what that article is saying...according to polls Biden likely to win, but confidence for democrats is low, and betting odd suggest a closer race...maybe based off what happened last time.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

that is pretty much what that article is saying...according to polls Biden likely to win, but confidence for democrats is low, and betting odd suggest a closer race...maybe based off what happened last time.

Oh I think after 2016 democrats are super nervous and assuming the worse. Ditto with the betters 

Biden is 4.5-1 to win texas at the moment. Thats a good bet 

Have you noticed that on our polls the amount in brackets, e.g. (+5) tells you the amount the poll has changed, but on the American polls it just tells you the difference between the other number on the same poll, as if it's too hard to subtract 40 from 46.

Confused the hell out of me for a while, I thought Biden had been moving very quickly in some places.

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Have you noticed that on our polls the amount in brackets, e.g. (+5) tells you the amount the poll has changed, but on the American polls it just tells you the difference between the other number on the same poll, as if it's too hard to subtract 40 from 46.

Confused the hell out of me for a while, I thought Biden had been moving very quickly in some places.

Yes yes yes, I hate this, the comparison information is useful who can't work out that 48 is bigger than 46?

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Fucking hell I don't think Trump will win, but I think it's going to be so anxiety inducing and hideous. Anyone else want to pull an all nighter and watch the whole thing play out? I a bit do.

And even if he doesn't win, the fact that it's so close even after this whole mess means so many people still support him and will push for a come back of this type of "leader" which is scary.

17 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Fucking hell I don't think Trump will win, but I think it's going to be so anxiety inducing and hideous. Anyone else want to pull an all nighter and watch the whole thing play out? I a bit do.

Sky bet have Biden 10/11 & Trump 10/11. Of course that could just mean they have taken more bets on Trump, but  I'm starting to worry.

I hope I'm wrong & shredded wheat head gets smashed to smithereens in November, but I'm less confident by the day!