When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Places like restaurants and pubs are much easier to contact trace so masks are less important there. Even still, I’d like to see them implement a policy of face coverings in restaurants and pubs when you’re not sat at your table. This would make a very small difference to case numbers, but every little helps. Wearing them outside would make no difference whatsoever. 

Yeah as I just said in my last post I’m shocked this isn’t already a policy, and I’m shocked bar and restaurant staff can bring you a meal to your table without wearing a face covering, as there will have been transmission cases in pubs and restaurants due to lack of mask wearing when moving around and in the toilets etc.

I don’t know why the government aren’t mandating masks in these places except when sat at your table as this will definitely help reduce transmission.

I agree with your point about contact tracing help control outbreaks in pubs and restaurants but a LOT of people aren’t voluntarily leaving details. I went to beefeater and I was the only person I saw leaving my details through the track and trace QR code. The collection of details needs to be mandatory and/or make masks compulsory when not seated otherwise we really aren’t going to be stopping outbreaks in these settings and it will lead to more community spread.

8 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

No I don’t think masks outside is necessary but I do think they should be mandatory in all indoor spaces; pubs and restaurants included as there will be transmission in these environments, and I also think they should be mandatory for restaurant and pub staff as well as shop workers.

Its really not that hard, in countries like Germany and Italy etc, masks are required in all restaurants bars and pubs when not sat at your table. When you’re sat at the table socially distanced, you can take the mask off; if you get up to go to the toilet etc or move around the pub, the mask must be put back on. This is definitely going to reduce the scale of any outbreaks in pubs and restaurants and compulsory masks for staff could reduce transmission in teams in shops/restaurants and pubs.

This, coupled with mandatory contact tracing at restaurants and pubs is definitely the next step forward to stop the virus surging. No mask, no entry to said pub or restaurant. No details, no dining.

You know how to push my buttons :) 

15 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

RFU guidance released last Saturday was that some contact activities are allowed - tackle technique, rucking, unopposed lineouts. No scrums, mauling. 

We started training twice a week at the start of July but we might as well have been a running club. After 6 weeks of that we went to once a week. 

Consensus from team manager, head coach and committee is that RFU are going for a November start, as they have stated there will be an announcement on October 2 regarding league rugby. We’ve started training twice a week again as a result. 

Our club was thinking of arranging intra-club touch tournaments on Saturdays in September but not sure if that’s going ahead. 

My first child is due on October 7, so with the risk the virus poses to pregnant women in the third trimester I’m glad we won’t be playing by then. I would personally elect not to play until my daughter has a few months under her belt, but I’m glad the need to make that choice isn’t there. 

I’m really looking forward to playing again but am more concerned with protecting my daughter. I think transmission will be inevitable when rugby properly returns. If I was single I’d be fine with that risk but a child complicates that! 

One thing I’m concerned about is that the RFU had slated a round of league reorganisation for 2021-22. At the level my club plays that would mean going from two leagues of 16 to three of 14, i.e. increasing by 10. I thought that was good timing as it effectively gave all clubs a ‘free hit’ in this coronavirus affected season as no-one would need to drop down having not played as many home games as another club, but several clubs have asked for a postponement of the reorganisation as they want to aim for promotion. Seems stupid to me. If you have a season where we may play 15, 22 or 30 games and we don’t know the parameters, and factor in a possible cancellation, why not take the opportunity to remove any jeopardy? 

Interesting.  I've not kept fully up to speed with what the committee are looking at in terms of full league return tbh, so be interesting to see what that Oct announcement says.  It's the clear risk of transmission increasing when competitive rugby returns that I don't get.  I know there's lots of reasons why people want it to or think it should return, but at most of the grassroots level I just struggle to see it as important enough to balance out the risks.

I know our 1s and 2s are ramping up training. Our 3s training has been focusing on the "return to rugby" game protocols, but tbh I've not even been comfortable doing that.  I've been right on the edge of the pitch matching defensive lines and break plays, but keeping well away from the ball and contact. SO basically a normal Saturday on the wing for a 3s player :D

I was talking to one of the guys last night and it's clear that as restrictions lift it comes down to individual decisions.  I'm very clear on where I stand, and been very upfront with the coach about it.  On the balance of probability I would be OK if I did catch it, based on age, health etc, but I just can't put myself in the position of being a transmission vector for what I personally see as an unnecessary reason. I really want to play again as I've finally got my shoulders in a functioning state and was looking forward to one more one last season, but I'd rather miss the rugby and get back to gigs!

As far as the league restructure goes, no idea.  Beats me!

And sure we've said before, bit congrats and fingers crossed for the arrival of mini-Blutarksy :)

27 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It really looks like most of those "don't knows" from 2016 have all gone over to Biden.

Yes I think so, it must be as I was saying earlier Dom voters that didn’t vote in 2016 because of Clinton now seeing they have to vote for Biden. 

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Yeah as I just said in my last post I’m shocked this isn’t already a policy, and I’m shocked bar and restaurant staff can bring you a meal to your table without wearing a face covering, as there will have been transmission cases in pubs and restaurants due to lack of mask wearing when moving around and in the toilets etc.

I don’t know why the government aren’t mandating masks in these places except when sat at your table as this will definitely help reduce transmission.

I agree with your point about contact tracing help control outbreaks in pubs and restaurants but a LOT of people aren’t voluntarily leaving details. I went to beefeater and I was the only person I saw leaving my details through the track and trace QR code. The collection of details needs to be mandatory and/or make masks compulsory when not seated otherwise we really aren’t going to be stopping outbreaks in these settings and it will lead to more community spread.

mandatory pub contact tracing I agree with. I think everyone should have to leave their details and also to prove that they’re correct (photo ID and a test phone call to the number you provided) 

However I’ll stop short of staff wearing face coverings. I think it’s pretty unfair to expect some minimum wage employee to wear a covering for 8 hours. I think if you choose to go into a pub or restaurant you’re accepting the small risk of transmission from your server. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Interesting.  I've not kept fully up to speed with what the committee are looking at in terms of full league return tbh, so be interesting to see what that Oct announcement says.  It's the clear risk of transmission increasing when competitive rugby returns that I don't get.  I know there's lots of reasons why people want it to or think it should return, but at most of the grassroots level I just struggle to see it as important enough to balance out the risks.

I know our 1s and 2s are ramping up training. Our 3s training has been focusing on the "return to rugby" game protocols, but tbh I've not even been comfortable doing that.  I've been right on the edge of the pitch matching defensive lines and break plays, but keeping well away from the ball and contact. SO basically a normal Saturday on the wing for a 3s player :D

I was talking to one of the guys last night and it's clear that as restrictions lift it comes down to individual decisions.  I'm very clear on where I stand, and been very upfront with the coach about it.  On the balance of probability I would be OK if I did catch it, based on age, health etc, but I just can't put myself in the position of being a transmission vector for what I personally see as an unnecessary reason. I really want to play again as I've finally got my shoulders in a functioning state and was looking forward to one more one last season, but I'd rather miss the rugby and get back to gigs!

As far as the league restructure goes, no idea.  Beats me!

And sure we've said before, bit congrats and fingers crossed for the arrival of mini-Blutarksy :)

Cheers mate. 

At our level several clubs are reliant on income funding a playing squad, and without that income there’d be no squad. My club does pay all players, and has lost a lot of money through venue hire, bar take etc, but would probably retain a large percentage of the squad if we were unpaid as our payment structure is largely about rewarding players rather than enticing them. There would be a few for whom it would no longer be worth it, either because they travel a bit further or could earn through work on a Saturday. There’s be some, like myself, who would still play but wouldn’t have the same level of commitment. I’m not doing a 600 mile round trip every other weekend for nothing! 

Many clubs at level 4 and most at level 3 would suddenly struggle to put out a side with no pay, so the push for a return ASAP is mainly from those clubs. 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

cases will probably go up...but we don't know how bad it will get...certainly the numbers requiring hospital and dying aren't going up....yet.

Don’t forget though it’s not just about people dying. This virus gives serious long term health effects, every increase in cases is an increase in the amount of people who will suffer long term health problems. 

This is not good, and it needs to be stopped now, we need to get stricter on masks(indoors) and contact tracing before this escalates.