When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Did Oxfam not roll over places? Oh man that sucks, sorry dude.

No they didn't. But if you registered to volunteer at 2 or more festivals this year then, even if they were cancelled, they counted towards priority booking for next year......I think that is supposed to be the plan anyway

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I did get in. The site crashed on payment then sold out so I thought I’d missed out. Half way through a text to mates saying that I got the confirmation email!

Brilliant, yeah I got through to payment page and do did my friend but the page froze after I'd typed in my bank details. Then me and my friends got in with Oxfam but they cancelled our places.

1 minute ago, gazzared said:

Yeah I wasn't happy at all because thought they could have kept a small deposit but I understand why now.

Just now, not worthy said:

No they didn't. But if you registered to volunteer at 2 or more festivals this year then, even if they were cancelled, they counted towards priority booking for next year......I think that is supposed to be the plan anyway

Fingers crossed that gets you a foothold anyway

• Upvote 1

I'll never understand those who use their valuable time on this planet of ours to troll/downvote / be nasty (whatever guise it is in) instead of debating, discussing and listening to another person's opinion.

I don't spend my life thinking my opinion is of higher value than anyone else's and I'd like to think the community on these boards feel the same.

Ultimately we will all have differing opinions on an infinite number of subjects however that shouldn't define how we treat each other.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

I'll never understand those who use their valuable time on this planet of ours to troll/downvote / be nasty (whatever guise it is in) instead of debating, discussing and listening to another person's opinion.

I don't spend my life thinking my opinion is of higher value than anyone else's and I'd like to think the community on these boards feel the same.

Ultimately we will all have differing opinions on an infinite number of subjects however that shouldn't define how we treat each other.

What a load of bollox

........joking obviously, just thought it would be a funny response if I had the nuts to send it on its own. You're bang on, well said

19 minutes ago, Charlie Ingramm said:

Anyway, I’ve spoke to him and he’s said he is only going to read the forum going forward and make no comment. He looks forward to the Glastonbury meet up though...

I remember him saying that himself before. I’m not sure if it’s a threat? 

12 minutes ago, Charlie Ingramm said:

He is sorry, he is currently in tears upset by all of this 

If that’s true, please just tell him to log out, for his own sake. Thanks. 

Still not full contact, reduced numbers and touch tackling only, but the RFU is starting to introduce more competitive rugby again. We've got a round of fixtures coming up against a local club at the end of the month.

I get the need to get certain things moving of course, but I'm convinced that some of the wrong things are ploughing ahead too quickly. I might go up to watch because it's also about getting money behind the bar to support club finances, but no chance I'm playing yet.

@blutarsky what's happening at your club pal? Similar?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

agree with most of this...except I do think my opinion is of higher value than anyone elses.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

ONS paper this week saying no change in the prevalence for England and Wales. 

I'm starting to not trust the ONS statistics. It is clear the virus is starting to circulate at higher rates than it was a month-two months ago and the 7 day rate is starting to increase daily. I don't see this just being due to targeted testing but also due to higher volume of community spread, a combination of both. Today's 7 rate is 15.1 and you can see below how it is increasing and reaching Netherlands/Austria territory, and they are both on our quarantine list, so it will be embarrassing and somewhat concerning if we overtake them. I think the next couple of months ahead will be very rocky and I could see ourselves in a spain/france situation relatively soon unfortunately where the virus is circulating in much higher volumes but we will just have to deal with it, and perhaps wear masks as soon as we leave our doorstep.

image.thumb.png.10c78f709d8c169e832e8a972d32481d.png

Edited by FestivalJamie

3 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I'm starting to not trust the ONS statistics. It is clear the virus is starting to circulate at higher rates than it was a month-two months ago and the 7 day rate is starting to increase daily. I don't see this just being due to targeted testing but also due to higher volume of community spread, a combination of both. Today's 7 rate is 15.1 and you can see below how it is increasing and reaching Netherlands/Austria territory, and they are both on our quarantine list, so it will be embarrassing and somewhat concerning if we overtake them. I think the next couple of months ahead will be very rocky and I could see ourselves in a spain/france situation relatively soon unfortunately where the virus is circulating in much higher volumes but we will just have to deal with it, and perhaps wear masks as soon as we leave our doorstep.

I don't believe wearing a mask whilst you are outside is the answer nor backed up by any evidence however there is obviously going to be issues with spread within pubs / restaurants where no mask is currently required in that kind of indoor setting.

Do I have the answer on how to solve that? No. But that's where needs to be looked at rather than a complete "wear masks at all time" policy.

38 minutes ago, Quark said:

Still not full contact, reduced numbers and touch tackling only, but the RFU is starting to introduce more competitive rugby again. We've got a round of fixtures coming up against a local club at the end of the month.

I get the need to get certain things moving of course, but I'm convinced that some of the wrong things are ploughing ahead too quickly. I might go up to watch because it's also about getting money behind the bar to support club finances, but no chance I'm playing yet.

@blutarsky what's happening at your club pal? Similar?

RFU guidance released last Saturday was that some contact activities are allowed - tackle technique, rucking, unopposed lineouts. No scrums, mauling. 

We started training twice a week at the start of July but we might as well have been a running club. After 6 weeks of that we went to once a week. 

Consensus from team manager, head coach and committee is that RFU are going for a November start, as they have stated there will be an announcement on October 2 regarding league rugby. We’ve started training twice a week again as a result. 

Our club was thinking of arranging intra-club touch tournaments on Saturdays in September but not sure if that’s going ahead. 

My first child is due on October 7, so with the risk the virus poses to pregnant women in the third trimester I’m glad we won’t be playing by then. I would personally elect not to play until my daughter has a few months under her belt, but I’m glad the need to make that choice isn’t there. 

I’m really looking forward to playing again but am more concerned with protecting my daughter. I think transmission will be inevitable when rugby properly returns. If I was single I’d be fine with that risk but a child complicates that! 

One thing I’m concerned about is that the RFU had slated a round of league reorganisation for 2021-22. At the level my club plays that would mean going from two leagues of 16 to three of 14, i.e. increasing by 10. I thought that was good timing as it effectively gave all clubs a ‘free hit’ in this coronavirus affected season as no-one would need to drop down having not played as many home games as another club, but several clubs have asked for a postponement of the reorganisation as they want to aim for promotion. Seems stupid to me. If you have a season where we may play 15, 22 or 30 games and we don’t know the parameters, and factor in a possible cancellation, why not take the opportunity to remove any jeopardy? 

18 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

The ZOE symptom app, hospitalisations numbers and the ONS study are all better indicators of virus circulation than case numbers. It could well be that case numbers are only rising because we are getting better at selecting the people to test (asymptomatic contacts of cases etc)

Wearing face coverings outside on the street wouldn’t make much difference. The reason public transport and indoor shops are the areas that coverings are mandated is because:

1. The virus transmits MUCH more indoors, whereas in outdoor environments it’s pretty difficult to transmit unless you fully cough on someone. The air outside dilutes respiratory droplets very quickly.

2. The nature of those environments makes both social distancing and contact tracing very difficult, so there’s an appetite to limit the spread in them (By the way, you absolutely can transmit the virus even with a face covering on. They just limit the chances of doing so when you have a short period of close contact with someone. Sit next to the same person all day and they’ll catch it regardless which is why masks are useless in offices)

Places like restaurants and pubs are much easier to contact trace so masks are less important there. Even still, I’d like to see them implement a policy of face coverings in restaurants and pubs when you’re not sat at your table. This would make a very small difference to case numbers, but every little helps. Wearing them outside would make no difference whatsoever. 

The masks thing basically boils down to one simple fact. They’re useful when you are indoors and within 2 metres of another person for a fairly short period of time (say longer than a minute or two, but less than an hour). The environments where face coverings are mandated are specifically chosen to reflect that. There might be a few others where they’d be useful like I’ve mentioned. But wearing them outside would be silly and it’s no major surprise to see that a country like Spain who has implemented that rule is seeing no benefits from it and is suffering a full blown second wave. 

19 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I don't believe wearing a mask whilst you are outside is the answer nor backed up by any evidence however there is obviously going to be issues with spread within pubs / restaurants where no mask is currently required in that kind of indoor setting.

Do I have the answer on how to solve that? No. But that's where needs to be looked at rather than a complete "wear masks at all time" policy.

No I don’t think masks outside is necessary but I do think they should be mandatory in all indoor spaces; pubs and restaurants included as there will be transmission in these environments, and I also think they should be mandatory for restaurant and pub staff as well as shop workers.

Its really not that hard, in countries like Germany and Italy etc, masks are required in all restaurants bars and pubs when not sat at your table. When you’re sat at the table socially distanced, you can take the mask off; if you get up to go to the toilet etc or move around the pub, the mask must be put back on. This is definitely going to reduce the scale of any outbreaks in pubs and restaurants and compulsory masks for staff could reduce transmission in teams in shops/restaurants and pubs.

This, coupled with mandatory contact tracing at restaurants and pubs is definitely the next step forward to stop the virus surging. No mask, no entry to said pub or restaurant. No details, no dining.

• Like 1