When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

13 hours ago, Sdsm123 said:

Hahah debate me don’t ignore 

you're not debating, you're either trolling, seriously ill, or just a proper nasty c**t of the types normally in jail.

Whichever it is, your posts are now moderated.

Decent people don't advocate mass murder as the solution to anything.

Edited by eFestivals

Something does need to be done about some of China's actions, but it has to be diplomatic and maybe economic...a war with China could be devasting, could escalate and envelope that whole region and beyind...you've got the Koreas, Japan, Russia, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran...all there. But what China is doing has to be confronted, espeially with the Uyghur muslms. I did read that there is unrest in the CPC with Xi Jinping, many don't like the way he is leading them to become the badboys of the world, so hopefully they can sort it out internally, but at moment he has total control. It does feel like India vs China could be the next major hot spot.

47 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

you're not debating, you're either trolling, seriously ill, or just a proper nasty c**t of the types normally in jail.

Whichever it is, your posts are now moderated.

Decent people don't advocate mass murder as the solution to anything.

Amen to that. There's enough hate & war in the real world without polluting this site with it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

People are so stupid, they believe that things they read on IG, FB and Twitter are true.

They are not.

5G has nothing to do with Covid-19. (countries with no 5G still have Covid-19)

Hydroxychloroquine has no clinical benefit in the treatment of Covid-19

Wearing a face covering marginally reduces the rate of infecion of Covid-19, so should be encouraged.

Edited by bamber

From yesterday's Popbitch

Remember a few years ago, when betting markets were offering more accurate forecasts on the outcomes of political events than pollsters? Well, we were welcomed back to our desk after a week off with this little bit of news from a well-known high street bookie.

Apparently they've noticed a very clear trend emerging in bets on the upcoming US election. Specifically, that around 90% of the ones they've taken in the last fortnight have been placed on a Trump victory.

Everything is fucked. What a thrill to be back!

It's 2020.  If a shit thing can happen, it most likely will.

5 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

From yesterday's Popbitch

Remember a few years ago, when betting markets were offering more accurate forecasts on the outcomes of political events than pollsters? Well, we were welcomed back to our desk after a week off with this little bit of news from a well-known high street bookie.

Apparently they've noticed a very clear trend emerging in bets on the upcoming US election. Specifically, that around 90% of the ones they've taken in the last fortnight have been placed on a Trump victory.

Everything is fucked. What a thrill to be back!

It's 2020.  If a shit thing can happen, it most likely will.

The betting market was well off the mark in the Australian election last year (ALP were $1.16 or 2/13 on election day) so i'm not stressing yet. Nate Silver seemed to think it was all MAGA finance bro's but it's not too surprising to money flow to an underdog in a 2 horse race, especially one that will be decided in 7 swing states. 

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Aw crap....

Coronavirus: Leeds expected to become 'area of concern'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-54021894

I’m not surprised considering that we have Bradford, Kirklees and Wakefield all under restrictions and right on the border of the city. The outbreak in Bramley will have prompted this action. 

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah...I am also starting to think Trump will win. We'll just have to see though, nothing we can do about it. Trump is bad news in so many ways, but one way that affects us all is the environment.

I don’t think he will, all Biden needs is 1% more vote share than Hilary and he takes the White House. He is currently polling at 5% more which gives him a considerable win. All polling shows him ahead of Trump, he doesn’t even need to switch any Trump voters all he needs to do is get the Dem voters to come out to vote. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m not surprised considering that we have Bradford, Kirklees and Wakefield all under restrictions and right on the border of the city. The outbreak in Bramley will have prompted this action. 

Yeah, think we all saw it coming after Bradford, Kirklees, Wakefield. Didn't hear about the Bramley outbreak though.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t think he will, all Biden needs is 1% more vote share than Hilary and he takes the White House. He is currently polling at 5% more which gives him a considerable win. All polling shows him ahead of Trump, he doesn’t even need to switch any Trump voters all he needs to do is get the Dem voters to come out to vote. 

Hopefully the tightening of the polls will get those on left who don't particularly like Biden but can't stand Trump to hold their noses and vote democrat.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Hopefully the tightening of the polls will get those on left who don't particularly like Biden but can't stand Trump to hold their noses and vote democrat.

Putin doesn’t seem to fear Biden as much as he feared Clinton. He hasn’t threatened nuclear war so far. 

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-election-russian-trump-idUKKCN12C292

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Anyone that doesn’t is a fool.

Are the polls tightening though? Movement of a couple of percent is within their margin of error. 

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s even higher than than that. 7.3% according to the combined polls: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/national/

32 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah...I am also starting to think Trump will win. We'll just have to see though, nothing we can do about it. Trump is bad news in so many ways, but one way that affects us all is the environment.

Yeah, if right now he's polling roughly even in swing states (or at least close enough to overtake in a few weeks or months, especially if he rushed out a vaccine) despite all the stuff he's done and said, and all the people who have died, then enough voters are either indifferent to it or quietly approve of it. I think hell win too.

Seems now adays money, racism and xenophobia are the holy trinity in electioneering , as long as you offer those three things enough people will vote for you no matter what else you say or do (probably always been the case) 

Edited by Mr.Tease

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yeah, if right now he's polling roughly even despite all the stuff he's done and said, and all the people who have died, then enough voters are either indifferent to it or quietly approve of it. I think hell win too.

Seems now adays money, racism and xenophobia are the holy trinity in electioneering , as long as you offer those three things enough people will vote for you no matter what else you say or do (probably always been the case) 

That’s part of the issue in general as the Left (or Liberals) haven’t yet found a way to cut through and appeal to that swathe of the electorate. Whilst it might work to us shouting ‘look how racist that leader is, look how many are dying because of them’ it doesn’t work on those voters. Pointing how rubbish they are might just do it but you also need something that people can cling onto an idea that swings people back round and effective way of delivering that message.

However Biden doesn’t need to win those people, Hilary lost because certain Dem voters stayed at home. If they turn out to vote Biden wins.