When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Not sure if this is the most convincing way to get me back in the office...

20200903_083054.jpg

The clear message I’d take from that is use disinfectants safely and leaving early when you don’t even need to do that from home ... go to work but leave early .... that’s a fantastically clear message 

Edited by crazyfool1

46 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53990068

"People with symptoms living in London are being directed between 50 and 135 miles away, including to testing sites in Cardiff and the Isle of Wight"

Hard to see how they'll get to testing everyone weekly...

Well yeah for some reason it’s really hard to book a test slot at the nearest spot to me. The testing site is a gigantic football ground so there must be a lot of people trying to get tested.

My Wife's first day back at school today (been off on maternity leave since December) She's the teacher of a year 1 class and only doing a 3 day week yet what i'm about to say is utterly mental.

Her class of 30 children have to wash their hands 8 times during the school day. EIGHT!!

This includes anti-bac gel before entering the loo so that germs don't spread when touching taps, washing their hands and then more anti-bac gel when leaving the loo.

In total that's 480 squirts of anti bac gel a day she has to put on their hands or over her 3 day working week 1,440 times she has to squeeze an anti bac bottle.

These are 5 year old children, 30 of them. It'll be madness. 

9 hours ago, Sdsm123 said:

I’m making a new account fresh start and not coming out as Tory or gay as to not offend the stalins on this group

You are far from the only gay or tory in this village! 

9 hours ago, priest17 said:

This thread has gone on on so long there's now shit in the how long will this shit end thread that everyone's wondering will end.

Spot on.

54 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Meanwhile in sleepy Taunton we have 2 test centres for a population where cases are low and we have a comparatively low population compared with some of the U.K. cities !! 

Same here, we’ve got a massive test centre that covers 3 towns with a total 120,000 pop.

24 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My Wife's first day back at school today (been off on maternity leave since December) She's the teacher of a year 1 class and only doing a 3 day week yet what i'm about to say is utterly mental.

Her class of 30 children have to wash their hands 8 times during the school day. EIGHT!!

This includes anti-bac gel before entering the loo so that germs don't spread when touching taps, washing their hands and then more anti-bac gel when leaving the loo.

In total that's 480 squirts of anti bac gel a day she has to put on their hands or over her 3 day working week 1,440 times she has to squeeze an anti bac bottle.

These are 5 year old children, 30 of them. It'll be madness. 

Yep, my wife was back in last Friday (she has the 7 year olds)...it's 6 times a day here for the hand washing...first day was utter mayhem (it poured rain so all the reception plans were thrown off as people waited for the rain to stop)...they've settled into a groove now, but the entire setup seriously impacts on how you teach. Orders of magnitude better than zoom calls and sending work home for this age group though! 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I know, the article gives quite a few examples. Just quoted the London one as the Isle of Wight bit amused me! 

Fair enough, none of those examples are Scottish and I always like to remind everyone that although Nicola has certainly come across better than Boris during all this when it comes down to the nuts and bolts of what's happening she is having all the same problems and making the same mistakes.

1 minute ago, Toilet Duck said:

Yep, my wife was back in last Friday (she has the 7 year olds)...it's 6 times a day here for the hand washing...first day was utter mayhem (it poured rain so all the reception plans were thrown off as people waited for the rain to stop)...they've settled into a groove now, but the entire setup seriously impacts on how you teach. Orders of magnitude better than zoom calls and sending work home for this age group though! 

I find it really strange the volume of times they have to do it I must admit.

Another odd thing is that the children aren't allowed to face each other when sat down at a desk so the classroom has been adapted yet there's no restrictions on them playing with each other both inside or outside the classroom! The rules just don't seem logical.

15 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I find it really strange the volume of times they have to do it I must admit.

Another odd thing is that the children aren't allowed to face each other when sat down at a desk so the classroom has been adapted yet there's no restrictions on them playing with each other both inside or outside the classroom! The rules just don't seem logical.

Yeah, it's the kind of the same here (they can't play together inside though). They are in a line, 4 to a desk, whereas they would normally be in a circle. They can't share anything (last week my wife had to put thousands of stickers on every single thing in the classroom!). They have boxes for each pod's (each table's) books and they have quadrants in the yard where their class has to stay, so each class is its own bubble. I think the idea is that if a kid in the class tests positive, rather than closing the whole school, they can send that class home. I guess they figure that it's ok for them to interact on yard as they are outside, but inside, they only come into close contact with 3 other kids (which can't be much fun...my own little one started school for the first time on Friday too and said it wasn't as much fun as she thought it would be....but then again, I think she thought it would just be a bigger version of her playschool!). To be honest, it's probably the teachers that are at most risk (and they are the only ones wearing masks or visors (not that it looks like the visors do a lot now!)). 

Edit: Oh, and the hand washing is when they come in, when they go out to yard for little break, when they come back in from that, when they go back out again for big break, when they come in from that and again before they go home...so it kind of makes sense!

Edited by Toilet Duck

Very much enjoying Kay Burley tear apart the front benchers at any opportunity. She made Hancock look a right fool again this morning (although that isn’t too difficult!).  

Seems like all anchors and presenters (with the exception of the BBC) have really been going in on them lately, and their incompetence and arrogance is becoming more apparent by the day. In such times we are living, there really could not be a more inept Government in charge if you tried. 

Edited by st dan

10 minutes ago, st dan said:

Very much enjoying Kay Burley tear apart the front benchers at any opportunity. She made Hancock look a right fool again this morning (although that isn’t too difficult!).  

Seems like all anchors and presenters (with the exception of the BBC) have really been going in on them lately, and their incompetence and arrogance is becoming more apparent by the day. In such times we are living, there really could not be a more inept Government in charge if you tried. 

The public health expert on the bbc was also tearing into them in his interview today ... 

3 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Haha don't worry, just found reference to it in this Guardian article:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/02/mass-weekly-covid-19-testing-of-population-to-be-trialled-in-england?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

So it is very definitely still a thing 🙂

The bit in there about linking results to an app is...ominous and very China like. I get that its "necessary" and I am usually behind slightly more authoritarian measures than asking (the British) people to do things nicely, but it is essentially a traffic light system to be able to do anything at all if businesses adopt it. 

As if this will only last a winter if its implemented...they'll find another use for it. Emergency powers are rarely returned...

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Not sure if this is the most convincing way to get me back in the office...

20200903_083054.jpg

Haha wow I hated every single thing on that list, and never left early for a cheeky day in the sun. That has made me very happy with my freelance/remote decision. Sorry Pret...

47 minutes ago, st dan said:

Hancock's only being kept on now as a human shield. At what stage does someone have to intervene and put him out if his misery? He's so shit it's almost starting to feel cruel