When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

24 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

So most of Greater Manchester kept in lockdown until 11th Sept - massive political argument on lifting Trafford out given case rises in South Trafford rising, council and mayor furious given it was the Cons MP that pushed for it and didn't consult them on it - following the science indeed :huh: 

Living in Manchester i can tell you that nobody is paying any attention.

blame that on whatever you want but thats the truth. 

4 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Not to do with covid but bloody hell Black Panther dude Chadwick Boseman has just died of colen cancer :(

He was only 43 ffs 

That tragic news was all over everything within about 5 minutes of first breaking. I’ve never seen such a rapid outpouring of emotion.

RIP

Wakanda Forever!

4 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Not to do with covid but bloody hell Black Panther dude Chadwick Boseman has just died of colen cancer :(

He was only 43 ffs 

Shocking that. He had been battling it since 2016 without making it public. Sad news. 

7 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

BBC article about this autumn is interesting

"We will see an increase in cases but I don't think it's inevitable that we will have the level of hospital admissions and deaths we saw back in April,"

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-53951764?

I think at moment the mean age of people infected is lower that it was back in March/April, which helps keep the death rate down.  With social distancing, masks and with vulnerable people being shielded more, maybe we can keep it that way.

Wasn’t sure where to post this but it seems to be on topic. 

While everyone is freaking out about right wing nutters and Bill Gates implanting chips to receive 5G signals. Elon Musk is actually leading the development of chips for the brain. 

For the average person this seems like a dystopian future/nightmare and wouldn’t even consider such a thing but it’s actually quite relevant for me. If I can get a brain implant that can stop seizures I’ll be very happy. There is current technology available which does help but it’s very invasive. Something like this would be far more beneficial for me. 

https://apple.news/A6Vsx1g8dQRu-WAKH-NfX_g

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Wasn’t sure where to post this but it seems to be on topic. 

While everyone is freaking out about right wing nutters and Bill Gates implanting chips to receive 5G signals. Elon Musk is actually leading the development of chips for the brain. 

For the average person this seems like a dystopian future/nightmare and wouldn’t even consider such a thing but it’s actually quite relevant for me. If I can get a brain implant that can stop seizures I’ll be very happy. There is current technology available which does help but it’s very invasive. Something like this would be far more beneficial for me. 

https://apple.news/A6Vsx1g8dQRu-WAKH-NfX_g

likewise .... not quite the same but  im hoping for an implant of a blood  sugar sensor , which isn't out of the realms of possibility at the moment .... good luck with yours 

27 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but according to the ECDC, on the 24th August Spain reported 19382 new coronavirus cases. Their 7 day incidence rate per 100,000 population now stands at 205.5.

That's utterly terrifying how bad it's gotten there so quickly, have the amount of tourists visiting there and spreading caused such an issue? I know we're usually 2 or 3 weeks behind them but we're yet to see any kind of increase on that kind of scale from it 

2 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

That's utterly terrifying how bad it's gotten there so quickly, have the amount of tourists visiting there and spreading caused such an issue? I know we're usually 2 or 3 weeks behind them but we're yet to see any kind of increase on that kind of scale from it 

We're not really tracking anywhere else now are we?  

4 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

The situations in each country are very different now with differing amount of spread and restrictions so the 2-3 weeks thing doesn't really apply any more. 

34 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but according to the ECDC, on the 24th August Spain reported 19382 new coronavirus cases. Their 7 day incidence rate per 100,000 population now stands at 205.5.

Situation not great there but remember they include the results of anti body tests in their case numbers.