When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

15 minutes ago, zero000 said:

I’m sorry but that’s a load of bollocks. He picks straw man examples like a two year old being incorrectly told to wear a mask and uses it to justify masks being psychologically damaging. 

Similarly his still face experiment reference is absurd. “Deep psychological underdevelopment“ in children because parents wear masks on occasion ? That’s nonsense and there is no evidence to suggest this is true. 

He then goes on to reference the flu deaths in 2018 and mentions that there was 60,000 deaths and that we just got on with things. Completely ignoring the fact that this is a different disease and even with lockdown at least 40,000 people have died from it in the U.K.

He’s is not a scientist or a healthcare professional, and he clearly has a very limited grasp on evidence. 

But he does have books to sell...

9 hours ago, gizmoman said:

They should get her as leader of the Labour party, this is the stuff Starmer should be saying if he was a true opposition leader, holding the government to account and making them PROVE that each infringement on our liberties is absolutely necessary. As she says the current measures are way over the top and unjustifiable. Will Starmer & co vote against the 2 year extension to the emergency powers? I doubt it.

last time I checked I'm not sure labour were a libertarian party

The problem seems to be many people don't want their freedoms curtailed as a preemptive measure...and then if don't get 2nd wave they can say see, told you so.

Which is why getting individuals to reduce their consumption to prevent global warming is never going to work. We are fucked.

Edited by steviewevie

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

The problem seems to be many people don't want their freedoms curtailed as a preemptive measure...and then if don't get 2nd wave they can say see, told you so.

Which is why getting individuals to reduce their consumption to prevent global warming is never going to work. We are fucked.

A lovely positive note to start the day :) 

I think secondary school is a perfect place for people to wear them ... kids can be taught how to wear them properly and safely ... all the other kids will be wearing them so they don’t feel it’s just them ... and then they don’t become the issue that some adults think they are ... mental health ? I wonder if people consider the mental health of the vulnerable when others around them are sticking 2 fingers up at them , kids and adults ... because mine has definately been affected in a negative way by people not wearing them 

In what way is denise’s argument that doctors are being silenced not pure conspiracy theorist waffle?

Anyone I know who genuinely works in the healthcare system has said the opposite and it makes me question what “doctors” she speaks to.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

In what way is denise’s argument that doctors are being silenced not pure conspiracy theorist waffle?

Anyone I know who genuinely works in the healthcare system has said the opposite and it makes me question what “doctors” she speaks to.

One of my friends is an A+E nurse at a hospital in Bath and during "peak" covid they had more intensive care beds free than they had ever previously.

They were always at "over capacity" before the virus but due to limited covid cases and I guess the fear of the general population of avoiding hospital due to the perceived thought that you would catch the virus if you went there it was the quietest they had ever been.

Now don't get me wrong i'm not saying this was the case all over the country but it does go to show that the risks even at that point were fairly concentrated on particular areas of the country.

I don't believe doctors are being silenced however the media / government have whipped a frenzy which means that some voices are certainly going to be lost in the chaos.

I personally don't see a problem in anyone challenging the establishment. Provided of course the arguments are rational which I'd say her's are.

We have no way of proving that her reference to speaking to doctors is conspiracy theorist waffle as much as what you've just said isn't or even what i've just said.

It's unfair to think people are batsh*t crazy because their opinion differs to that of your own.

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The virus being rampant has actually been beneficial in reducing the harmful output that causes global warming. COVID-19 may be bad for humans but it’s doing wonders for the planet. 

Just wear a fucking mask. This is what happens when you give people too much choice. The more I see people trying to justify their reasons for not wearing masks, the more I wish we had the Colombian Cartel approach. It doesn’t have a deep-seated psychological effect on you. Just wear it. Do your bit. 

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Just wear a fucking mask. This is what happens when you give people too much choice. The more I see people trying to justify their reasons for not wearing masks, the more I wish we had the Colombian Cartel approach. It doesn’t have a deep-seated psychological effect on you. Just wear it. Do your bit. 

Yep - it really isn't that hard and has the added bonus of conveying a message of respect for, get this, other people (even if you don't happen to know them!).

38 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The virus being rampant has actually been beneficial in reducing the harmful output that causes global warming. COVID-19 may be bad for humans but it’s doing wonders for the planet. 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jun/04/atmospheric-co2-levels-rise-sharply-despite-covid-19-lockdowns

It isn't really having much of an impact to be honest.

44 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

One of my friends is an A+E nurse at a hospital in Bath and during "peak" covid they had more intensive care beds free than they had ever previously.

They were always at "over capacity" before the virus but due to limited covid cases and I guess the fear of the general population of avoiding hospital due to the perceived thought that you would catch the virus if you went there it was the quietest they had ever been.

As you say other experiences were different. I know an intensive care unit doctor who told me they would ordinarily have space for 8 ventilated patients. Their capacity was extended to 24 and at the peak they had 22 people on ventilators.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I had a conversation with someone the other and he was adamant he will never wear a mask and that nobody else should. When I asked why he went off on a tangent about fucking Epstein, child sex trafficking and then brought it back around to masks by saying how an abuse victim can't mouth to you they need help if their mouth is covered. 

It would honestly be easier to wear a mask than spout that shit. When I told him these topics weren't really related he turned it around on me and said "so you don't care about child sex trafficking then?"

This is the level of batshit crazy we're dealing with.

Edited by DareToDibble

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I had a conversation with someone the other and he was adamant he will never wear a mask and that nobody else should. When I asked why he went off on a tangent about fucking Epstein, child sex trafficking and then brought it back around to masks by saying how an abuse victim can't mouth to you they need help if their mouth is covered. 

It would honestly be easier to wear a mask than spout that shit. When I told him these topics weren't really related he turned it around on me and said "so you don't care about child sex trafficking then?"

This is the level of batshit crazy we're dealing with.

probably gets his news from youtube.