When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Blimey. So basically the gains made last week after the exams fiasco have been reversed. It’s slightly above the margin of error 3% fluctuation mark and is in a way to be expected as Labour have a mountain to climb. Taking that into account being 5 points behind when they were 20, 4 months ago does show progress. 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Blimey. So basically the gains made last week after the exams fiasco have been reversed. It’s slightly above the margin of error 3% fluctuation mark and is in a way to be expected as Labour have a mountain to climb. Taking that into account being 5 points behind when they were 20, 4 months ago does show progress. 

yeah...and as that new statesman journalists points out..despite all the government failings we are still in the middle of a crisis so many voters get behind the government.

2 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I mean, if the government changed tack tomorrow and relaxed all the rules on gatherings, would you go to non socially distanced gigs? I think I would. That’s how much I miss them. 

No new cases in my district for > 14 days. I’d probably take my chances at a local gig here tonight! 

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah...and as that new statesman journalists points out..despite all the government failings we are still in the middle of a crisis so many voters get behind the government.

Yes exactly. It’s a big part of it and support has still declined greatly. 

58 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

What? He's ahead of BoJo as preferred prime minister.

As per the screenshots, he is but only just, and has dropped 2 percentage points so his popularity is either stalling or in decline. Which is the polar opposite of what was hoped as voters 'got to know him'.

42 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Just blows my mind that immigration is still an issue people actually care about. You'd think 2020 might have put things in perspective for some people, but no, people still care about who owns what piece of land and who can walk on it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

As per the screenshots, he is but only just, and has dropped 2 percentage points so his popularity is either stalling or in decline. Which is the polar opposite of what was hoped as voters 'got to know him'.

That’s in the margin of error and is quite common within general polls to see movement of the odd couple of % either way. 

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

well..his main thing at moment is getting noticed during a crisis, and he seems to have done ok. The key is where we're at in a few years..if labour's polling isn't improving after a badly dealt with epidemic, and then an economic downturn, then I'm sure questions will start to get asked...but at moment he's only been there a few months, and there is a lot going on.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just blows my mind that immigration is still an issue people actually care about. You'd think 2020 might have put things in perspective for some people, but no, people still care about who owns what piece of land and who can walk on it. 

The fact that the virus has shut down most international travel, along with the encouraged perception that it's a "foreign" virus I think have kept immigration in people's minds. The two seem linked, if you sort of squint a bit - "if it's good to quarantine people on arrival it must be even better to keep them out".

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

because certain newspapers and certain people like farage like to stoke fears and prejudices. It's nice and simple.