When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

19 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's obviously not what we like to see, but realistically these numbers were always going to creep back up as lockdown restrictions were eased.  The key is going to be how the local restrictions and the pattern of loosening & tightening works as we go through the year.

As much as it would have been positive, the only way that numbers were going to continue falling as they were would have been to continue applying the restrictions at the same level and with the same rigour as we did between March and June. And there's no way that was going to happen without everything properly tanking.

Keep positive pal.

I’m not wracked with worry but it’s concerning the case numbers before people are indoors more and schools reopening too. As seen in the US is contributing to increased cases so we need to be absolutely sure the right measures are in place. 
Kids have to go back to school so I hope they have everything right. 

35 minutes ago, august1 said:

dishing out 5 down votes since your last post is certainly a look, maybe we need a graph and daily figures?

Well, it certainly made me reevaluate my life choices I can tell you (I just saw the light and applied to join UKIP).

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

You may or may not be able to read this, I subscribe to NS...but...as the man says...we're fucked.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/environment/2020/08/why-stephen-emmott-fears-next-pandemic-could-kill-billion-people

I’ll save that one for bedtime ... looks a good read 

3 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Oh god, second wave, it’s happening.

Let's not panic, these cases mainly linked to holidays and nightlife so if they can get on top of that then they should be able to keep on top of it. Sorry maybe I should've put more detail behind the numbers to prevent panic.

6 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Oh god, second wave, it’s happening.

Calm down please. Lots of cases means very little if they’re mostly among young people. Also, lots of positive tests may actually be a good thing. Suppose you have 2,000 infections per day in Italy, it’s better to catch as many of them as possible so they can be quarantined to reduce the R number. Lots of untested asymptomatic cases would be a biological bomb. 

But cases in themselves aren’t a bad thing, only deaths. 

27 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Calm down please. Lots of cases means very little if they’re mostly among young people. Also, lots of positive tests may actually be a good thing. Suppose you have 2,000 infections per day in Italy, it’s better to catch as many of them as possible so they can be quarantined to reduce the R number. Lots of untested asymptomatic cases would be a biological bomb. 

But cases in themselves aren’t a bad thing, only deaths. 

I know but hospitalisations this week in Spain are 1400, which is double the figure from last week. That's more why I'm worried as it does seem to be increasing hospitalisation figures. Deaths are also increasing there too.

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

I know but hospitalisations this week in Spain are 1400, which is double the figure from last week. That's more why I'm worried as it does seem to be increasing hospitalisation figures. Deaths are also increasing there too.

im prefering to count down to potential vaccines and looking at how far we have come in a relatively short time period .... unfortunately with the obvious consequences but every week that passes is a step closer to getting this shit sorted 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im prefering to count down to potential vaccines and looking at how far we have come in a relatively short time period .... unfortunately with the obvious consequences but every week that passes is a step closer to getting this shit sorted 

Yeah, that’s a better way to look at things for sure. I’m just in a negative mood today, tomorrow I’ll try and be more positive about things again!

Im only in a negative mood because I’m going on my holiday on Monday and there’s yellow warnings for wind and rain the entire time- just my luck! And it’s made me feel negative about all aspects of life just for the day.

Hopefully I’ll be more positive tomorrow 😃

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Yeah, that’s a better way to look at things for sure. I’m just in a negative mood today, tomorrow I’ll try and be more positive about things again!

Im only in a negative mood because I’m going on my holiday on Monday and there’s yellow warnings for wind and rain the entire time- just my luck! And it’s made me feel negative about all aspects of life just for the day.

Hopefully I’ll be more positive tomorrow 😃

Enjoy the holiday and try to focus on that if you can whilst you are away ... it’s difficult I know 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Yeah that’s bad news. Spain had been cooking the books regarding deaths previously so I’m not sure if they’re being honest now or if they’re still fudging the numbers (if the latter they’re genuinely rising)

Where are you off to on holiday btw? Hope you have a good break :) 

Edited by Fuzzy Afro
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Where are you off to on holiday btw? Hope you have a good break :) 

To the east coast! Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, winterton, a few other places and stops along the way. Got tables booked for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so will be making advantage of the eat out to help out too.

Really looking forward to getting away from the house for a bit, much needed for mental health rather than stressing the whole time. Now I just have to hope the weather forecast is wrong and we see some sunshine! 😃

4 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

To the east coast! Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, winterton, a few other places and stops along the way. Got tables booked for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so will be making advantage of the eat out to help out too.

Really looking forward to getting away from the house for a bit, much needed for mental health rather than stressing the whole time. Now I just have to hope the weather forecast is wrong and we see some sunshine! 😃

I hope you won't be drinking too much Mr....

• Like 1