When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Germany has recorded 2034 new infections today. 😷

I find it worrying as I’ve said from the beginning, if anyone in Europe is going to keep this virus at bay it’s germany, if they go down, I fear we all go down with them.

Have they been quarentining new arrivals though? They border several countries that have seen rising cases and have free movement so could that be an effecting factor?

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

This is what everything needs to be viewed in...context!

High amount of infections does not necessarily mean it's panic stations.

Outbreaks in small pockets of the country can be controlled. Provided we can keep these isolated with the local lockdowns there is lots to remain positive about.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Come on @Sdsm123 - post, don't downvote.

It's not exactly the height of debate is it? I just checked the stats and I've been downvoted a total of 17 times in 17 years but Sdsm just did it twice in a row... so it looks like my controversial stance of posting something that happened without even adding any kind of comment of my own has taken the heat off Ozanne and earned me an unexpected new nemesis! 

Obvs also more than happy to hear SDSM's reasoning.

baby.PNG

Edited by Homer

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

It's not exactly the height of debate is it? I just checked the stats and I've been downvoted a total of 17 times in 17 years but Sdsm just did it twice in a row... so it looks like my controversial stance of posting something that happened without even adding any kind of my own has taken the heat off Ozanne and earned me an unexpected new nemesis! 

Obvs also more than happy to hear SDSM's reasoning.

baby.PNG

Thanks 😂 its the same for me the vast majority of downvotes I’ve been given are from him. Discussion is the way forward.

It's obviously not what we like to see, but realistically these numbers were always going to creep back up as lockdown restrictions were eased.  The key is going to be how the local restrictions and the pattern of loosening & tightening works as we go through the year.

As much as it would have been positive, the only way that numbers were going to continue falling as they were would have been to continue applying the restrictions at the same level and with the same rigour as we did between March and June. And there's no way that was going to happen without everything properly tanking.

Keep positive pal.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

What numbers are we talking about ? 

I'm on numbers of cases.  My understanding is that numbers have crept up since lockdown eased, although given the number of sources there seem to be I'm happy to be wrong!

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I'm on numbers of cases.  My understanding is that numbers have crept up since lockdown eased, although given the number of sources there seem to be I'm happy to be wrong!

They are going up. But the whole of Europe is going up too. I would be surprised if we didn’t go with them.

-

In germany, Berlin has been testing school children and there have been cases identified in 41 different schools now. The authorities are complaining saying policies are too relaxed in Berlin schools as masks are only required in communal areas like hallways and not during lesson time.

If they think the policies in Berlin are too relaxed, imagine how much they would frown upon our school policies. 41 incidences of transmission in schools is also concerning, and will no doubt be a factor into rising cases in Germany, so start of September is definitely the start of the concern when the schools go back.

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ah ok ... I’ve not seen any numbers today yet ... so will have a look if they’ve updated