• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steviewevie

• crazyfool1

• Ozanne

• zahidf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

Prince Charles is isolating at Balmoral with COVID-19. Prince Andrew is isolating at Windsor with Jenny, 14.

Like I said I found the comments unfair on our great prime minister anyway downvote removed! Given the circumstances he is doing a brilliant job 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Only open to returning residents, with mandatory 14 day quarantine on arrival. Been a few dicks doing runners from the facilities though.

Yes indeed. The big controversy currently is that those who do return now have to pay for their own quarantine too (unless they are going for more than 90 days).

41 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Nope, absolutely no way I am taking that.

No, I wouldn’t either but I do hope it’s successful. Not only for the health of the participants but if it’s not, with bad side effects, it’s going to be a field day for the anti vaxxers. This could then cause a low take up on the properly tested/trialled vaccines

36 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It is the great tragedy of my life that this is behind a paywall. All I can see is 'it's like only lefties are supposed to find romance'. Sense of victimhood apparently present and correct!

I'm so low down the chain in terms of who would actually get a vaccine not sure how I feel :lol:

Has Russia said how they are distributing it? Over 60s or something?

49 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

47 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I thought if brexit was so popular, it'd be easy to find someone who agreed?...

Yeah, if that's "all" she wants then the bar is set pretty low.

34 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

they're all ugly.

Well, there is that.

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Nope, absolutely no way I am taking that.

But that's not really the question, would you support the Russian company setting up a facility here or a UK company buying a license to produce it here so it could start the process of being accredited here by the MHRA?

We aren't just going to take Putin's word that it's safe but we shouldn't right it off as useless either.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

How these vaccines are distributed is going to get political.

I remember seeing that the companies are setting up lots of separate supply chains within countries because they don't trust other countries to be able to control themselves if vaccine materials are moving through it.

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Bollox. New Zealand back in lockdown Fromm noon tomorrow. 4 cases, first for 102 days, 1 family, no clue where it came from.

coincidence?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/300078181/england-allrounder-ben-stokes-to-fly-to-new-zealand-for-family-reasons

1 minute ago, lighthouse said:

Think that Russian vaccine comes a bit early, doesn't it? I mean, it'll be great if it works but my gut feeling expect(ed) a vaccine somewhere around januari. 

wasn't the oxford one due in october time ? pending trials ? 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

they were saying a lot of this a few months ago...maybe to help get some funding...but now looking like end of year at very earliest.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yeah, but I expect another 2 months for production/distribution.

I really put my money on januari for a good working vaccine being distributed worldwide.

But let's see what happens. Things are looking quite hopeful at the moment. 

Edited by lighthouse
Just now, lighthouse said:

Yeah, but I expect another 2 months for production/distribution.

I really put my money on januari for a good working vaccine being distributed worldwide.

But let's see what happens. 

wasn't the production of 100 million doses happening anyway ... so it would just be the distribution that would need to happen / potentially and of course the actual mammoth task of doing the vaccinations .... just looking up how long it takes do do the flu vaccine because that one runs over at least 8 week timescale at my surgery if I remember rightly 

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

or they just want to see what the competition is doing, or they are just mischief making, or it was just made up allegations...

You’re probablu right - it looks though the Russians are already tied in with the Oxford vaccine

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/astrazeneca-signs-covid-19-shot-deal-russia-days-after-hacking-accusations-surface

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

We need someone on the ground in Russia to give us an insiders view on it all.

I wouldn’t want to be on the ground with all the people falling out of windows.