When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I got both some primary and secondary school perspectives over the weekend. 

My sister in law teaches secondary. In her school, the classes of students (about 35-40) will each be based in their own teaching room. Rather than pupils moving around the school to go to class, the teachers will be moving themselves during the day. The teachers have a taped off box at the front of the room from which they will teach and will not move. The teachers will not be able to congregate or share the staff room for lunch (where they will be able to sit down/have lunch is yet to be established. Probably in their cars).

My cousin teaches primary, and there they're rearranging classrooms to be in rows, rather than having pupils face each other, but that's about it as distancing the pupils goes. The teachers there too will have their boxes.

It all sounds completely bizarre, and will no doubt introduce huge problems just in terms of managing the classroom and dealing with any trouble-making students. It's not like they will be able to send anyone walking around the school or lingering outside in corridors. Once they cotton on to "you can't stop me, you can't even leave your box - if you do, you're endangering all of us" ... well, I just felt *very* glad that teaching is not the field I work in when my relatives started explaining all the new hurdles in their way. But still, they all agreed they couldn't wait to get back into the classrooms with the students. You know, after the summer break is over.

Blimey... the state of this thread. 

Normally a good read, getting all your different opinions and viewpoints on this shit that is our lives at the moment. 

But like many other threads on here it’s descended into bollocks and infighting and it’s off putting to the casual reader. 

Exactly the reason I can’t be assed to post anymore... carry on like this and there will just be about 10 people posting to each other, especially with the lack of festival chat at the moment. 

Fake accounts, tactical voting... have a word with yourselves. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

5 hours ago, stuie said:

Blimey... the state of this thread. 

Normally a good read, getting all your different opinions and viewpoints on this shit that is our lives at the moment. 

But like many other threads on here it’s descended into bollocks and infighting and it’s off putting to the casual reader. 

Exactly the reason I can’t be assed to post anymore... carry on like this and there will just be about 10 people posting to each other, especially with the lack of festival chat at the moment. 

Fake accounts, tactical voting... have a word with yourselves. 

definitely The Toxic Avenger.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

what's amazing about the track & trace cock-up is that there's various reports going back 20 years* or more that say that track and tracing can only be done successfully at a local level.

(* I have a feeling it came up when Blair abolished the local civil defence systems, tho I might be wrong about that).

11 hours ago, Northern Jack said:

Back in some form of half-arsed 'lockdown' in my neck of the woods. 

A live gig and pub crawl seem so far away at the moment. 

I feel your pain. Hopefully we will be back in the Ferret soon! 

• Upvote 1

Putin said Russia has become the first country to grant regulatory approval to a Covid-19 vaccine

President Vladimir Putin said on Tuesday that Russia had become the first country in the world to grant regulatory approval to a Covid-19 vaccine after less than two months of human testing, Reuters reports.

Speaking at a government meeting on state television, Putin said the vaccine, developed by Moscow’s Gamaleya Institute, was safe and that it had even been administered to one of his daughters.

“I know that it works quite effectively, forms strong immunity, and I repeat, it has passed all the needed checks,” Putin added.

THANKS UNCLE VLAD

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

“I know that it works quite effectively, forms strong immunity, and I repeat, it has passed all the needed checks,”

If any Russian scientist dared to say otherwise then the chances of them falling out of a window are greatly increased. 

They really should look at their window designs. 

2 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Nope, absolutely no way I am taking that.

Presumably it won't be a case of individuals just deciding whether or not they want to take it. I would assume it would have to be approved for use in the UK by some regulatory body or other. Which it won't be if they can't prove its safe. Unless you try to access via dodgy means!