• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steviewevie

• crazyfool1

• Ozanne

• zahidf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

Prince Charles is isolating at Balmoral with COVID-19. Prince Andrew is isolating at Windsor with Jenny, 14.

Like I said I found the comments unfair on our great prime minister anyway downvote removed! Given the circumstances he is doing a brilliant job 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Neil said:

it's too early to be pointing the finger of blame,.

Unless your name is Spaffer, where it's important to get in there first and divert the blame away from you.

;) 

It’s hideous. I’m very lucky my Gran is still doing well in her care home but if she had been effected this would make me absolutely livid. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s hideous. I’m very lucky my Gran is still doing well in her care home but if she had been effected this would make me absolutely livid. 

I feel absolutely livid and all mine are long dead! I take your point though, how bloody insulting.

22 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Am I right in thinking this won't matter so much if it ends up being the vaccine that reduces severity rather then prevents infection?  Or do they all reduce infection to some degree?

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

Am I right in thinking this won't matter so much if it ends up being the vaccine that reduces severity rather then prevents infection?  Or do they all reduce infection to some degree?

The first vaccines will likely only offer partial immunity, however depending on the degree of that, 20% non-uptake could screw things up royally. If we can get to 50% immunity that's great in terms of limiting the spread of the virus (if R rating with no restrictions was 2.7, then that could be brought down to 1, meaning exponential growth wouldn't happen, so there would be less risk of the NHS getting overwhelmed)- 20% of people refusing a vaccine messes that up/makes it harder, particularly as these twits likely oppose wearing a mask or doing anything other than burning down 5G towers to tackle the virus.

Just catching up on this care home row. How on earth can all these underlings claim Boris was misunderstood? Spaffer‘a quote was unbelievably clear, and that was noteworthy because he never is clear.

Is anyone really surprised that they're throwing care homes under a bus though? They will turn on a sixpence with absolutely no reference to the about face when it suits them.  They know from experience that enough people will blindly follow whoever they're told to blame at any given time if it takes the pressure off them, or if they no longer have a direct use for them.

Junior doctors - remember Gove's claims about not being seen and the need for a "seven day NHS"?

Student nurses - now the worst of the peak is done, they don't actually "provide a service"

Non-UK NHS staff - thank you NHS, you're amazing, we love you, whoops now the peak's passed you're now just an immigration statistic again

NHS in general - heroes, but once PPE failures are properly exposed it's their fault for not using it properly.

Firefighters - cutbacks forced into strikes, then painted as the enemy for putting lives at risk

Teachers - heroes for continuing to provide services during lockdown, then immediately blamed for stopping the economy from recovering by challenging the safety of returning to school

People on furlough - we're all in it together, until you're part of the industries that can't return to work and now you're a lazy scrounger

Judicial system - the greatest and most impartial judicial system in the world, until they stop the government from operating without scrutiny.

Fuck them.  I mean, just fuck them.

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
4 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

The first vaccines will likely only offer partial immunity, however depending on the degree of that, 20% non-uptake could screw things up royally. If we can get to 50% immunity that's great in terms of limiting the spread of the virus (if R rating with no restrictions was 2.7, then that could be brought down to 1, meaning exponential growth wouldn't happen, so there would be less risk of the NHS getting overwhelmed)- 20% of people refusing a vaccine messes that up/makes it harder, particularly as these twits likely oppose wearing a mask or doing anything other than burning down 5G towers to tackle the virus.

My maths is rubbish as proven multiple times in this thread already so sorry if this is a stupid question, but if 50% immunity would be effective, would it not need 50%+ to refuse the vaccine before it became a problem?  If 20% refused and 80% had it, wouldn't that be ok? Plus some of that 20% would presumably achieve immunity naturally, or am I missing something?

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just catching up on this care home row. How on earth can all these underlings claim Boris was misunderstood? Spaffer‘a quote was unbelievably clear, and that was noteworthy because he never is clear.

Yeah 100%. I find the defence of what he said even more offensive! Just admit you said it and own it or apologise you pathetic sack of shit.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

A third of people is quite high isn't it? Surely that can't just be the 5G brigade. Interesting fact in that report is that those who get their news primarily from social media are more likely to be anti vaccine.

14 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

My maths is rubbish as proven multiple times in this thread already so sorry if this is a stupid question, but if 50% immunity would be effective, would it not need 50%+ to refuse the vaccine before it became a problem?  If 20% refused and 80% had it, wouldn't that be ok? Plus some of that 20% would presumably achieve immunity naturally, or am I missing something?

Actually wouldn't that only be the case if the vaccine gave 100% immunity..

7 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Never trust my maths on this, it's largely guess work!😂 However I think that 20% refusing a vaccine would reduce the vaccine's suppression rate as if the vaccine had a 50% immunity rate, then 20% of the population refusing it would bring that down to 40% (I think)- it becomes more problematic the lower the the effectiveness of the vaccine. eg if it only has a 40% immunity rate, 20% of people refusing it messes the whole thing up.

From what I've read (and no one is fully clear yet), ultimately we'll manage to make this thing a bit less infectious and with treatments, a bit less deadly, rather than there being a magic bullet that ends it. For me a worry is the long term effects on people who have recovered

24 minutes ago, jparx said:

It's literally taken from the first episode of the Thick of It

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Never trust my maths on this, it's largely guess work!😂 However I think that 20% refusing a vaccine would reduce the vaccine's suppression rate as if the vaccine had a 50% immunity rate, then 20% of the population refusing it would bring that down to 40% (I think)- it becomes more problematic the lower the the effectiveness of the vaccine. eg if it only has a 40% immunity rate, 20% of people refusing it messes the whole thing up.

From what I've read (and no one is fully clear yet), ultimately we'll manage to make this thing a bit less infectious and with treatments, a bit less deadly, rather than there being a magic bullet that ends it. For me a worry is the long term effects on people who have recovered

Think I've got my head around this now.  

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

We won't have enough of the vaccine to vaccinate everyone immediately anyway, I imagine when it's first available then it will be directed at the most vulnerable and at key workers but there will be a long time when there are more people who want a vaccine then there are vaccines so I wouldn't worry too much about the anti-vaxxers to begin with. 

I think outwith your hardcore nutters there are people who have reservations about the safety of anything that has been rushed to market, these people's concerns are likely to drop as more and more people they know get the vaccine.

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

I think outwith your hardcore nutters there are people who have reservations about the safety of anything that has been rushed to market, these people's concerns are likely to drop as more and more people they know get the vaccine.

Yeah I don't think it's that unreasonable to be unsure about something that isn't even available yet.

3 minutes ago, mcshed said:

We won't have enough of the vaccine to vaccinate everyone immediately anyway, I imagine when it's first available then it will be directed at the most vulnerable and at key workers but there will be a long time when there are more people who want a vaccine then there are vaccines so I wouldn't worry too much about the anti-vaxxers to begin with. 

True, I don't have a problem with people who are hesitant as they worry it's being rushed/hasn't been fully tested, it's the Bill Gates/5G conspiracy theorists that annoy me. Like you said though, should be quite a while before it becomes an issue- probably by then a new more effective vaccine will have been invented and we get to go through it all again!

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I wonder if that's because all those who would be dying have died a bit early from covid19...

there's definitely an element of that (and including ones who died early when not having covid).

I think Spaffer is hoping that the end of year numbers won't make the UK look so bad against other countries.

If this care home row has angered people, just wait til he blames the NHS for the death numbers, conveniently just around the end of the year when the country can no longer afford it...

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If this care home row has angered people, just wait til he blames the NHS for the death numbers, conveniently just around the end of the year when the country can no longer afford it...

not only will he blame the NHS for the death numbers, he'll also say that's why it need to be privatised "reformed". ;)

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not only will he blame the NHS for the death numbers, he'll also say that's why it need to be privatised "reformed". ;)

Yep 100%. He's actually got more of a case that will convince the country than if the virus hadn't happened as there are real numbers to point towards. 

Every single person I've mentioned this to think the virus means the NHS is immune as the public wouldn't accept it, but the public will accept whatever they're told...

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It might change though if you can't do certain things without a vaccination certificate (fly for a holiday for example).  Numbers might go up because people had to do it (to keep doing what they wanted).