When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive no access to that unfortunately .... does it mention mortgage refusals ? I think the current advice is that they dont get the tests ..and that was from a publication a few days ago .... 

Have you got a link? 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive no access to that unfortunately .... does it mention mortgage refusals ? I think the current advice is that they dont get the tests ..and that was from a publication a few days ago .... 

I think it would only be related to Life insurance, or critical health cover etc. There are no health questions on a mortgage application.

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think it would only be related to Life insurance, or critical health cover etc. There are no health questions on a mortgage application.

maybe I didnt hear her correctly .... ill ask her what the publication was and get some more clarity 

15 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Has the amount of testing increased also or is it just a straight increase in cases with testing at a consistent level? 

I think it’s both, testing has gone up but cases are massively up too. The proportion indicates it’s done to more infections. 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I was thinking about this, we haven’t had anything here yet but in Florida with the beaches opened cases have soared. India another country where people are outside a lot has soared too. I think there is something to the outside air helping but we shouldn’t be too cavalier about it. 

I think there’s a lot more to the Florida situation than reopening the Beaches though. On June 3 when they went to Phase 2 (opening Bars at 50% capacity, having allowed Restaurants and Shops to open at 25% back on May 4) they were recording 1000+ new cases a day with that number still slowly increasing. They never actually bothered to get past their peak before starting to unlock.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_Florida

1 minute ago, MEGABOWL said:

I think there’s a lot more to the Florida situation than reopening the Beaches though. On June 3 when they went to Phase 2 (opening Bars at 50% capacity, having allowed Restaurants and Shops to open at 25% back on May 4) they were recording 1000+ new cases a day with that number still slowly increasing. They never actually bothered to get past their peak before starting to unlock.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_Florida

That’s the problem with the US though, the U.K. would only be the 12 largest state in America. What little measures they did introduce across the country were broadly at the same time, but with the virus being at completely different stages in most states. They then lifted them way too early, so you’ve got places that completely miss timed any lockdown measures they did take and then lifted them. New York is obviously very densely populated and was hit hard at the start which made the national picture look bad, but now it’s spreading throughout the rest of the country.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Bloody care homes its now their fault also ....

it's too early to be pointing the finger of blame,.

Unless your name is Spaffer, where it's important to get in there first and divert the blame away from you.

;) 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Unless your name is Spaffer, where it's important to get in there first and divert the blame away from you.

;) 

It's amazing how you don't think this bunch of c**ts could get any worse and then they just get worse. It's behind parody.

When will this s*** be over? This twitter thread seems to think it will be gradual change over many months/years. Oxford vaccine looking like 40%+ immunity (likely these first batch of vaccines are only going to reduce chances of getting it not offering full immunity). That's not necessarily a disaster as it could bring the R rating to 1.

The person is more optimistic about effective treatments, thinks this Autumn is going to be grim (though they are based in the US)

Though I initially read that as 'monocolon' antibody therapy and did NOT think that sounded exciting!

Edited by Mr.Tease

1 hour ago, Neil said:

;) 

It’s hideous. I’m very lucky my Gran is still doing well in her care home but if she had been effected this would make me absolutely livid. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s hideous. I’m very lucky my Gran is still doing well in her care home but if she had been effected this would make me absolutely livid. 

I feel absolutely livid and all mine are long dead! I take your point though, how bloody insulting.

22 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Am I right in thinking this won't matter so much if it ends up being the vaccine that reduces severity rather then prevents infection?  Or do they all reduce infection to some degree?

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

Am I right in thinking this won't matter so much if it ends up being the vaccine that reduces severity rather then prevents infection?  Or do they all reduce infection to some degree?

The first vaccines will likely only offer partial immunity, however depending on the degree of that, 20% non-uptake could screw things up royally. If we can get to 50% immunity that's great in terms of limiting the spread of the virus (if R rating with no restrictions was 2.7, then that could be brought down to 1, meaning exponential growth wouldn't happen, so there would be less risk of the NHS getting overwhelmed)- 20% of people refusing a vaccine messes that up/makes it harder, particularly as these twits likely oppose wearing a mask or doing anything other than burning down 5G towers to tackle the virus.

Just catching up on this care home row. How on earth can all these underlings claim Boris was misunderstood? Spaffer‘a quote was unbelievably clear, and that was noteworthy because he never is clear.

Is anyone really surprised that they're throwing care homes under a bus though? They will turn on a sixpence with absolutely no reference to the about face when it suits them.  They know from experience that enough people will blindly follow whoever they're told to blame at any given time if it takes the pressure off them, or if they no longer have a direct use for them.

Junior doctors - remember Gove's claims about not being seen and the need for a "seven day NHS"?

Student nurses - now the worst of the peak is done, they don't actually "provide a service"

Non-UK NHS staff - thank you NHS, you're amazing, we love you, whoops now the peak's passed you're now just an immigration statistic again

NHS in general - heroes, but once PPE failures are properly exposed it's their fault for not using it properly.

Firefighters - cutbacks forced into strikes, then painted as the enemy for putting lives at risk

Teachers - heroes for continuing to provide services during lockdown, then immediately blamed for stopping the economy from recovering by challenging the safety of returning to school

People on furlough - we're all in it together, until you're part of the industries that can't return to work and now you're a lazy scrounger

Judicial system - the greatest and most impartial judicial system in the world, until they stop the government from operating without scrutiny.

Fuck them.  I mean, just fuck them.

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

The first vaccines will likely only offer partial immunity, however depending on the degree of that, 20% non-uptake could screw things up royally. If we can get to 50% immunity that's great in terms of limiting the spread of the virus (if R rating with no restrictions was 2.7, then that could be brought down to 1, meaning exponential growth wouldn't happen, so there would be less risk of the NHS getting overwhelmed)- 20% of people refusing a vaccine messes that up/makes it harder, particularly as these twits likely oppose wearing a mask or doing anything other than burning down 5G towers to tackle the virus.

My maths is rubbish as proven multiple times in this thread already so sorry if this is a stupid question, but if 50% immunity would be effective, would it not need 50%+ to refuse the vaccine before it became a problem?  If 20% refused and 80% had it, wouldn't that be ok? Plus some of that 20% would presumably achieve immunity naturally, or am I missing something?

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just catching up on this care home row. How on earth can all these underlings claim Boris was misunderstood? Spaffer‘a quote was unbelievably clear, and that was noteworthy because he never is clear.

Yeah 100%. I find the defence of what he said even more offensive! Just admit you said it and own it or apologise you pathetic sack of shit.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

A third of people is quite high isn't it? Surely that can't just be the 5G brigade. Interesting fact in that report is that those who get their news primarily from social media are more likely to be anti vaccine.

14 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

My maths is rubbish as proven multiple times in this thread already so sorry if this is a stupid question, but if 50% immunity would be effective, would it not need 50%+ to refuse the vaccine before it became a problem?  If 20% refused and 80% had it, wouldn't that be ok? Plus some of that 20% would presumably achieve immunity naturally, or am I missing something?

Actually wouldn't that only be the case if the vaccine gave 100% immunity..

7 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Never trust my maths on this, it's largely guess work!😂 However I think that 20% refusing a vaccine would reduce the vaccine's suppression rate as if the vaccine had a 50% immunity rate, then 20% of the population refusing it would bring that down to 40% (I think)- it becomes more problematic the lower the the effectiveness of the vaccine. eg if it only has a 40% immunity rate, 20% of people refusing it messes the whole thing up.

From what I've read (and no one is fully clear yet), ultimately we'll manage to make this thing a bit less infectious and with treatments, a bit less deadly, rather than there being a magic bullet that ends it. For me a worry is the long term effects on people who have recovered

24 minutes ago, jparx said:

It's literally taken from the first episode of the Thick of It