When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

It wasn't the main focus of the article to be fair, that's one line in an article about a range of Maxine Peake's views.

yes, but that line is in there, it is unproven,  and the implication is Israel is responsible indirectly for the killing of George Floyd. Long Bailey must have realised this, she's a fool...

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't get this.  What's the incident?  I thought we were allowed to go to the beach.  Has something actually happened other than it being busy?  Sorry if I'm being dense here.

I think that's it's manically busy with big crowds rather than something that easily fits in the 2m/1m spacing.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't get this.  What's the incident?  I thought we were allowed to go to the beach.  Has something actually happened other than it being busy?  Sorry if I'm being dense here.

Too many people in one place and apparently lots of drunken fights breaking out the emergency services are struggling to cope so they want assistance to break things up. 

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

“The declaration of a major incident allows us to bring agencies together so we can take actions available to us to safeguard the public as much as possible.

As much a logistics thing as anything.

Just now, carlosj said:

I think that's it's manically busy with big crowds rather than something that easily fits in the 2m/1m spacing.

I don't get all the hand wringing this time.  The press conferences are over, we're going to be allowed to the pub next weekend.  Sure, the crowds aren't ideal, but each individual has gone on their own.  

I was considering going to the beach this week (admittedly a much bigger, less popular) one. Has anyone actually broken a rule, other than littering?

1 hour ago, Cream Soda said:

From the Isreali secret service apparently.  How is that antisemitic?  Isn't it like saying you're anti american if you say something negative about the cia?  

How's it relevant in an article about BLM? White American cops are only killing blacks because of Jews?

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

How's it relevant in an article about BLM? White American cops are only killing blacks because of Jews?

Agree. I'm an American jew who has been to Glasto several times and loves this forum.  Asserting that the American cops involved in the BLM matters (killings) learned their methods from Israel smacks of "blame the Jews" rhetoric.  From that standpoint I would call the post/tweet/whatever antisemitic.

I'm not quick to assert antisemitism and criticism of Israel is often absolutely valid.  But still...

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

I agree it's not particularly relevant but it was a small part of a larger article so I don't think it was the reason why RLB shared it.  It probably wasn't a smart thing to do but was it a sackable offence, I'm not sure.  Also I doesn't say because of Jews it says because of the Israeli secret service (not saying its true or not, but that's the claim).  If it was blamed on MI6 I would not be offended, why would I I am not MI6.

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I was thinking about this, could we use this thread as politics one as well as Covid?

I think that ship has sailed 🤣

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I was thinking about this, could we use this thread as politics one as well as Covid?

On a serious note, it doesn't bother me but there might be some people out there who are interested in covid and want the interesting info provided by TD etc but are not particularly interested in things like RLB being sacked that's why I suggested it.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

On a serious note, it doesn't bother me but there might be some people out there who are interested in covid and want the interesting info provided by TD etc but are not particularly interested in things like RLB being sacked that's why I suggested it.

I get that, it’s why I asked. It’s become a natural place to discuss politics this thread given how it’s gone over the last 3 months. I’m sure @Neil will tell us if it’s a problem. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

I get that, it’s why I asked. It’s become a natural place to discuss politics this thread given how it’s gone over the last 3 months. I’m sure @Neil will tell us if it’s a problem. 

Yeah there's obviously been a massive cross over with Covid and politics with the daily briefings etc, but now that's done (for now at least) it might be nice to have somewhere to get covid updates without all the political stuff.  Just my opinion though.