When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Whilst I feel sorry for young people at this time and understand how they might want to meet in parks and have a drink, smoke and party...I wish they'd take their shit home with them the grubby little fuckers.

lots of that going on up here in the lakes

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

During this pandemic period, few people in the limelight have come across as smug and entitled as everyone's favourite anti-vaxxer tennis hero, Novak Djokovic.  He was so quick to highlight how Covid had swerved the Balkans, and those stupid infected countries in the west should just shut up.

And while I hope everyone who has got ill as a result of his fiasco of a tournament, I cannot help but find the whole thing fucking hilarious.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/23/novak-djokovic-tests-positive-for-covid-19-amid-adria-tour-fallout

I think Novak even tries to claim Covid was a conspiracy at the beginning and also had been out clubbing days before testing positive. Hopefully he can start to act more responsibly now. 

Better end soon, as Eavis is saying they'll go bust if they have to cancel again in 2021:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jun/25/michael-eavis-glastonbury-will-go-bankrupt-if-it-cant-be-staged-in-2021-coronavirus

If that were to happen, I do hope they'd consider a crowd funder (or whatever they're called)- I think a lot of people who have attended over the decades would be willing to donate money to keep them afloat (unless we're all also bankrupt by then too!)

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

EU.

It very much looks that way so far.  We may be handling this worse than a lot of the EU, but we've just issued very detailed guidelines as numbers are falling in pretty much every region, with a track+trace programme that app disaster aside, does seem to be finally getting going.

The US has cut funding for testing to try to get the numbers on the books down, despite the fact the hospitalisations are rising in several states.

We're not doing well, but we are doing better than the US right now.

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

Better end soon, as Eavis is saying they'll go bust if they have to cancel again in 2021:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jun/25/michael-eavis-glastonbury-will-go-bankrupt-if-it-cant-be-staged-in-2021-coronavirus

If that were to happen, I do hope they'd consider a crowd funder (or whatever they're called)- I think a lot of people who have attended over the decades would be willing to donate money to keep them afloat (unless we're all also bankrupt by then too!)

If it came to that, I would totally be prepared to pay the equivalent of a full ticket price.... 

It's a grim thought though isn't it? If Glastonbury gets to that point, imagine how fucked everything else will be. 

27 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

EU.

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It very much looks that way so far.  We may be handling this worse than a lot of the EU, but we've just issued very detailed guidelines as numbers are falling in pretty much every region, with a track+trace programme that app disaster aside, does seem to be finally getting going.

The US has cut funding for testing to try to get the numbers on the books down, despite the fact the hospitalisations are rising in several states.

We're not doing well, but we are doing better than the US right now.

I meant more in general - after that trade deal is in place we'll be almost compelled to behave like them, so even if we get past the virus quickly it's still bad news overall  

14 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I meant more in general - after that trade deal is in place we'll be almost compelled to behave like them, so even if we get past the virus quickly it's still bad news overall  

I think we'll still end up more aligned to the EU. are we really going to lower animal welfare and food standards to get a deal with the US? Are we really going to do a deal so that NHS can only buy drugs from US pharmacy companies? I think any deal with US will be thin, and over time for practical reasons we will still be aligned closer to EU. That's what I hope, anyway.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Keir Starmer has sacked Rebecca Long-Bailey for an anti-Semitic tweet. Ruthless but probably needed to look strong assertive to public. 

Didn't she just praise a Maxine Peake article in which Peak said that the US police learnt the knee on neck thing from Israeli police?

Just now, steviewevie said:

Didn't she just praise a Maxine Peake article in which Peak said that the US police learnt the knee on neck thing from Israeli police?

From the Isreali secret service apparently.  How is that antisemitic?  Isn't it like saying you're anti american if you say something negative about the cia?  

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah that’s it.

Whether it’s anti-Semitic or not it’s the impression it gives off. The party has to change that image and endorsing an article that spreads that message doesn’t help that. I think he’s taken very firm action, considering the Board of Deputies of British Jews has already come out and criticised RLB for it.