When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Masks were always about the consideration of people around you - not yourself.

Exactly and now as we move to the next stage people who are scared should upgrade their ppe to the type of mask that actually protects them.  And then they can wear a mask and say "safe".  Its a reasonable suggestion 

39 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Just maybe need to be a bit less judgemental. Some people want to party, can't blame them, it's been a shitty 18 months and now they're allowed, and some people are still nervous and some are still vulnerable to this disease, and they need to be shown some respect too.

Sermon of the day.

This needs an upvote. Really hoping that all goes well with the reopening, but everyone is going to take this at their own pace.

I'll still be masking up on transport and in the supermarket and not a lot else will change for me immediately. Hope people enjoy doing stuff they haven't been able to do for a whole and all being well we will get through this stage without anything going too awry.

Main vibe for me is uncertainty really. We are in uncharted territory so just got to see how it goes.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

Must have seen 15 parents dropping their kids off at my sons nursery this morning - every single one of them continuing to wear a mask even though it is now only encouraged and not mandatory. You’d feel the odd one out for not wearing one. 

Good, hopefully people continue to do it in shops. The virus is rampant and will continue to be, I'm going to wear mine in shops. 

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

We’ve done all we can do before we start getting into real tyranny over people’s lives. Most of the public have done their bit, stayed home, got the jabs, and even avoided holding the hands of their dying relatives for the greater good. What more do you want them to do?

Oh I agree that we should be opening up. Just stop talking bollocks like lockdown is what is causing problems, rather than another problem being caused by the virus.

• Upvote 1

Imagine getting what you wanted and still complaining about the thing that you didn't want that no longer applies. 

We've been too long on this thread arguing with one another. Ignore the noise, however loud. It's a beautiful day, go outside, see your friends, be free, enjoy it in the way that you feel comfortable with, all the while being mindful that some people might not be on the same wave as you. 

• Upvote 3

Today with some people really wanting to keep masks and others happy to let them go would of happened if we had opened up 4 weeks ago or in 6 months time.  Maybe to differing degrees but it was always going to happen.

The saddest thing is the government not having the courage of its conviction and not offering a strong message either way I feel.

Respect me without a mask and I will respect you (and give you distance when and where possible) with a mask.

Pretty simple - Hope not fear 🙂

51 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Just maybe need to be a bit less judgemental. Some people want to party, can't blame them, it's been a shitty 18 months and now they're allowed, and some people are still nervous and some are still vulnerable to this disease, and they need to be shown some respect too.

Sermon of the day.

Have an upvote 

16 minutes ago, st dan said:

Must have seen 15 parents dropping their kids off at my sons nursery this morning - every single one of them continuing to wear a mask even though it is now only encouraged and not mandatory. You’d feel the odd one out for not wearing one. 

Our school haven't changed its advice - so masks still required at the school gates.  Many schools haven't changed.  Not sure schools are the best example.  More interested in Asda / Tube / Shops - that is where you will or won't see a change.