Essex 1,856,063
Lancashire 1,515,487
Merseyside 1,434,256
South Yorkshire 1,415,054
Devon 1,209,773
Surrey 1,199,870
Hertfordshire 1,195,672

Yorkshire second highest 

That’s not the NHS regions and the south east isn’t a county? 

Just now, BobWillis2 said:

That’s not the NHS regions and the south east isn’t a county? 

I was just saying Yorkshire was huge.  If Yorkshire is huge and you add on the rest of the North East its still going to be in top 3 or so ?  Hence them having the biggest whatever numbers isn't going to be a huge shocker

That's where I was going with this 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The data you want to look at is hospital capacity, and in certain areas they are struggling.

Depending on what it is your trying to show you do. 

Showing the raw count of 121 and saying wow that's a lot tells half a story, if your trying to say oh my look at Covid admissions to hospital. 

If your trying to say and what about the hospital capacity you need look at things like capacity too - it's only earlier this year people from London hospitals were being transferred to Sheffield and Newcastle to get intensive care. 

The point is a single set of digits tells you very little. 

Just now, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Showing the raw count of 121 and saying wow that's a lot tells half a story, if your trying to say oh my look at Covid admissions to hospital. 

If your trying to say and what about the hospital capacity you need look at things like capacity too - it's only earlier this year people from London hospitals were being transferred to Sheffield and Newcastle to get intensive care. 

It tells me someone was trying to be an attention seaking fear monger 😀

6 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Err...I just mean you need to look at hospital capacity...the hospitalisation numbers per region are just part of the story. So, hospitals in parts of North are struggling, I wouldn't be surprised if start seeing that nation wide in a few weeks.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Err...I just mean you need to look at hospital capacity...the hospitalisation numbers per region are just part of the story. So, hospitals in parts of North are struggling, I wouldn't be surprised if start seeing that nation wide in a few weeks.

Given the back log it's 100% going to happen 

Edited by Barry Fish

Anyone returning from France from July 19th has to quarantine at home for 10 days regardless of vaccination status.

The government have fudge there own system ... again...

Obviously didn't have the balls to move them the red list or leave the amber list as it was..  so now we have an orange list ?  

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I feel for the South East, South West and East of England. Likely to be dragged backwards because of the rest of us....

As someone from Norfolk which has consistently had some of the lowest rates in the country I shall forgive you 😉 selfishly it does often feel that way in all honesty, especially as we have little to no covid patients in our hospitals and haven't had any deaths for a while too 

Edited by Chapple12345

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah, interesting. This winter might be rough, but hopefully next year we'll be on top of things. Poorer parts of the world will likely continue to be screwed unless they start to get more vaccines.

Yeah it's a bit naive to think anything other than that. Unfortunately. We should be donating vaccines ASAP. 

6 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Is there an actual cohort of people who are so vulnerable they they don’t even get to take the vaccine at all? For all the talk of immunosuppressed people, I thought it was just less likely to work (I saw a stat that they’re something like 74% effective as opposed to 90%+ in the general population)

We can’t go shutting society down to protect a small group of people especially when the jab is working relatively well for this group. 

No “you can’t go shutting society down to protect a small group of people when the jab is working relatively well for this group”.

Trouble is “relatively” isn’t good enough when there is a 26% chance that the vaccine won’t work for you (using your figures).  And the virus is as widespread as it currently is.  And you have family who have to enter the opened up society to, y’know, work and travel to work. And you have to live with that family because you are not sufficiently healthy to care for yourself.  And you need them to work because you cannot.  

And if you were to catch Covid, it wouldn’t be like a bad cold.  It would be like death.

It’s all great suggesting that the “small group of people” should be made more vulnerable because others want their freedom to get shit-faced in a place of their choosing, with whatever number of strangers, and without any level of restriction … but probably only if you don’t have a loved one in that position.

FYI, I’m not against people having fun.  I’m just asking that they do it safely and with proper regard for others.  

9 minutes ago, mandolin said:

No “you can’t go shutting society down to protect a small group of people when the jab is working relatively well for this group”.

Trouble is “relatively” isn’t good enough when there is a 26% chance that the vaccine won’t work for you (using your figures).  And the virus is as widespread as it currently is.  And you have family who have to enter the opened up society to, y’know, work and travel to work. And you have to live with that family because you are not sufficiently healthy to care for yourself.  And you need them to work because you cannot.  

And if you were to catch Covid, it wouldn’t be like a bad cold.  It would be like death.

It’s all great suggesting that the “small group of people” should be made more vulnerable because others want their freedom to get shit-faced in a place of their choosing, with whatever number of strangers, and without any level of restriction … but probably only if you don’t have a loved one in that position.

FYI, I’m not against people having fun.  I’m just asking that they do it safely and with proper regard for others.  

Personal responsibility for your own health and safety comes into play.

If you feel that vulnerable then its a fair enough suggestion that you should probably avoid crowded indoor spaces.  

I fundamentally disagree with your selfish view point.  Your health and well being is largely not my responsibility.  I should be able to largely do as I please.  You and others have to make your own choices on what level of risk you want to entertain.

Edited by Barry Fish
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

As someone from Norfolk which has consistently had some of the lowest rates in the country I shall forgive you 😉 selfishly it does often feel that way in all honesty, especially as we have little to no covid patients in our hospitals and haven't had any deaths for a while too 

Well I'm coming your way on Wednesday 😂😂

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

These papers as very hung up on self isolation at the moment, I bet there will be a double jabbed u-turn by the end of the week 

A lot of tory voting middle class types just had their holidays ruined...  I don't think that early election is likely any time soon.

• Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, mandolin said:

I think you misunderstand what the vaccine does. Kind of lost me at the 26% bit... it doesn't work like that. It's not works or doesn't. 

4 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

These papers as very hung up on self isolation at the moment, I bet there will be a double jabbed u-turn by the end of the week 

The isolation carrot is distracting them from the cases carrot... don't look a gift horse in the mouth 😄