When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Had a letter from my daughter's school today that said something along the lines of:

"The restrictions are changing, so we can't stop you doing stuff, but for fucks' sake, the local rates are the highest they have ever been, so don't be a knobhead, none of the kids are vaccinated"

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Added local

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ok just stop quoting me then … u can see my views then 

Right to reply - its an discussion forum ffs.  Put me on ignore and you won't have a problem 

Kind of sums up your stance on covid. Its on me to protect you from seeing my comments by me ignoring you rather than you taking action to ignore me 😀

Edited by Barry Fish

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Had a letter from my daughter's school today that said something along the lines of:

"The restrictions are changing, so we can't stop you doing stuff, but for fucks' sake, the rates are the highest they have ever been, so don't be a knobhead, none of the kids are vaccinated"

When it's put like that it pretty much should just be an extension. You can do it but you really shouldn't is no leadership at all from the country (I'm saying that as someone attending a festival next weekend) 

52 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

Never realized that to be honest as here it would be completely strange ordering with app, even now, but anyway today is fish friday club isn`t it?

Lol   not a big fan of my fellow brothers being eaten 😀

Always used app ordering.  It's useful when you have kids  😀

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

"The restrictions are changing, so we can't stop you doing stuff, but for fucks' sake, the local rates are the highest they have ever been, so don't be a knobhead, none of the kids are 

Seems like a bias interpretation 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think I’ve seen a debate since Brexit where people are so staunchly divided. Completely different schools of thought.

Seems to be very little middle ground thinking.  Monday is going to be interesting when 90% of the country try to unravel this shit show.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

What on earth are you on about? In what way is “Wider social contact rules will apply in all these settings to prevent indoor mixing between different households.” not a form of lockdown?

Give your head a wobble. I fear you’ve been completely thrown off track here to think restrictions like that aren’t a significant form of hinderance on most people’s lives.

Lockdown means (or did mean) being forced to stay in one place. That is "don't leave your home". It has its root in prisoners being "locked down" being confined to cells. 

Having a lockdown where you have freedom to move around at will (without needing a specific reason) can't technically be a lockdown. 

If you think about this way, there's no way if we started with Stage 2 measures back in March 2020 when this kicked off, that anyone would have referred to those measures as a "lockdown". Language can change fast, and has but it's certainly not mad to think that way. At worst it's "well actually Hoover is the brand name you should call it a vacuum cleaner".

2 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Lockdown means (or did mean) being forced to stay in one place. That is "don't leave your home". It has its root in prisoners being "locked down" being confined to cells. 

Having a lockdown where you have freedom to move around at will (without needing a specific reason) can't technically be a lockdown. 

If you think about this way, there's no way if we started with Stage 2 measures back in March 2020 when this kicked off, that anyone would have referred to those measures as a "lockdown". Language can change fast, and has but it's certainly not mad to think that way. At worst it's "well actually Hoover is the brand name you should call it a vacuum cleaner".

I call it a lockdown if there are rules stopping me from seeing and doing what I want. It’s a lockdown if it’s a criminal offence for me to host my family round my place. 

4 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

South east has the highest population I believe.

Greater London 9,002,488
West Midlands 2,939,927
Greater Manchester 2,848,286
West Yorkshire 2,345,235
Kent 1,868,199
Hampshire 1,856,778
Essex 1,856,063
Lancashire 1,515,487
Merseyside 1,434,256
South Yorkshire 1,415,054
Devon 1,209,773
Surrey 1,199,870
Hertfordshire 1,195,672

Yorkshire second highest 

Edited by Barry Fish

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I call it a lockdown if there are rules stopping me from seeing and doing what I want. It’s a lockdown if it’s a criminal offence for me to host my family round my place. 

So then it becomes totally subjective. I would call it a blessing to not have to host my family round my place.