Jump to content

When will this shit end?


Chrisp1986

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You don't tackle fear though by being fearful.  We should be pushing the message that the vaccine protects more than a mask (it does), that if you are doubled jabbed you are probably at worse going to get bad cold, that we can go out and live life.  Not what is currently happening.

I don't blame people for being fearful at the moment to be honest because the message is currently one of fear.  And its all politics, its all behavioural management, and its all toxic in my opinion.

I think the problem with messaging on the vaccine at the moment is it's a bit of a Catch-22. If the messaging becomes "get double jabbed, it's the only way to be safe" you hit the problem that with the current 8-week gap between doses, if I've ignored the vaccine up until now that's 10 weeks until I'm at full effectiveness, even I go today. Then lots of people in their 30s who are still waiting for second jabs even if they got their first ASAP. And realistically, if you want full pubs and nightclubs and cafes... those are the people you need to be confident. I think we might be downplaying the vaccine because the most socially active people haven't had a chance to get it yet. But if they feel confident in a mask... well they don't have to wait 8 weeks to get one of those.

They can't really scaremonger using the vaccine until it's quick and easy for everyone to get it. And we need that 4 week gap approving now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I think the problem with messaging on the vaccine at the moment is it's a bit of a Catch-22. If the messaging becomes "get double jabbed, it's the only way to be safe" you hit the problem that with the current 8-week gap between doses, if I've ignored the vaccine up until now that's 10 weeks until I'm at full effectiveness, even I go today. Then lots of people in their 30s who are still waiting for second jabs even if they got their first ASAP. And realistically, if you want full pubs and nightclubs and cafes... those are the people you need to be confident. I think we might be downplaying the vaccine because the most socially active people haven't had a chance to get it yet. But if they feel confident in a mask... well they don't have to wait 8 weeks to get one of those.

They can't really scaremonger using the vaccine until it's quick and easy for everyone to get it. And we need that 4 week gap approving now.

It was the over selling of fear that a sub 50 year old should have about catching covid as well.  We have scared 20s, 30s and 40 year olds beyond what was sensible in my view.

As a healthy 40 year old my risk from covid was tiny - that's a fact - yet the messaging didn't match this in an attempt at controlling people.  We now have a problem that even single jabbed 20 year olds are fearful.

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Havors said:

 

Northwest and Yorkshire... (the first hit by Delta I think) are likely going to peak very soon and drop. Barring any spike from the semis/final of the Euros. 

How long do we think the rest of the country is behind - if i remember correctly it was about 2W after NW that it started to rise elsewhere. If so, we hope to peak around 1st August (with euros baked in to this peak so no additonal spike). Then hopefully with vaccines in place its a steep decline back to "minimal" levels around end of august - at this time we should be around 80% adults fully vaccinated, and fingers crossed with no scariants we will just have the "humm" around in the background 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

One of the bars we operate in has done exactly this. Advertised themselves as a safe place where there will still be rules.

They’ll undoubtedly keep more customers this way and the support on social media has been overwhelming.

The flip side is there are plenty of places that are the opposite. Keeping restrictions would do the opposite. Depends on your customer base I guess.

Saw a comedy gig the other night that was offering a choice between regular seating on one side of the room and socially distanced seating on the other. Was a clever approach.

(And my name is in my username and I don't think there's many UK enthusiasts with the same first name...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DeanoL said:

Saw a comedy gig the other night that was offering a choice between regular seating on one side of the room and socially distanced seating on the other. Was a clever approach.

(And my name is in my username and I don't think there's many UK enthusiasts with the same first name...)

Who in their right mind wouldn't opt for socially distanced seating 🙂   

I mean I want life back - but if I don't have to sit closely to stinky "Dave" then happy days 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

Saw a comedy gig the other night that was offering a choice between regular seating on one side of the room and socially distanced seating on the other. Was a clever approach.

(And my name is in my username and I don't think there's many UK enthusiasts with the same first name...)

The penny has dropped! Hello Dean, hope you’re keeping safe 😀

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, phimill said:

How long do we think the rest of the country is behind - if i remember correctly it was about 2W after NW that it started to rise elsewhere. If so, we hope to peak around 1st August (with euros baked in to this peak so no additonal spike). Then hopefully with vaccines in place its a steep decline back to "minimal" levels around end of august - at this time we should be around 80% adults fully vaccinated, and fingers crossed with no scariants we will just have the "humm" around in the background 

Think the biggest rises were in the NE recently and London & those ways are starting to drive the rise. If the NW and Yorkshire peak and drop very soon it brilliant news as the rest of the country will likely follow that pattern.  Fingers crossed! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Havors said:

Those people that sit at home can contribute the economy just as they always have done then cant they? No? We don't need to hold back everyone who contributes by going out to do that genius. 

Oh wind it in you petty little virtue signaler with your logical fallacies. They wont work on me. I care plenty and have never said otherwise! Ta ta! 

Havors - aka 'I'm alright Jack' who thinks people who are not him are irrelevant.

Selfish, thoughtless and generally spiteful.

Too many of that sort around - and a fair few on here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It was the over selling of fear that a sub 50 year old should have about catching covid as well.  We have scared 20s, 30s and 40 year olds beyond what was sensible in my view.

As a healthy 40 year old my risk from covid was tiny - that's a fact - yet the messaging didn't match this in an attempt at controlling people.  We now have a problem that even single jabbed 20 year olds are fearful.

Perhaps - it sort of comes down to the risk assessment you were talking about earlier though. I'm one of those lazy middle-class work-from-home w*nkers right. I have no kids so I don't have to worry about term times or any of that. I'm being told that there's something quite unpleasant out there, but it's fine because with even one jab I'm not going to die, probably won't end up in hospital, maybe just in bed for a few weeks with flu is the worst. Probably just feeling grim and out of breath for a week.

And this is just a wave of cases, it'll plateau and then start to drop... okay, then, well I'll just save my leave until Sept/Oct and go out then once this wave is done. There's no rush. Gigs and festivals might tempt me but... oh they've mostly cancelled. I have a mate's wedding, obviously I'll go to that as it's important, but the rest, I can see friends at home, when the weather is nice in the park. The draw of a pub just isn't there. 

The risk calculation for me is, with a few exceptions (like the aforementioned wedding) I'm probably better staying in. Let other people get sick and get the wave out the way. Book more stuff for later in the year instead. Possibly even be allowed to go on holiday abroad by then!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Havors - aka 'I'm alright Jack' who thinks people who are not him are irrelevant.

Selfish, thoughtless and generally spiteful.

Too many of that sort around - and a fair few on here.

You are such a nasty spiteful person.  You have a go at me but its clear what your game is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Remember, it is not all about you.

sCjRwdR0TXml1KOei1id_E6XX3XbXEAo8ZWV.jpg

**sits back and waits for the selfish thoughtless lot to pile in...............

and when covid finally ends - this will still be the situation for that type of child.

Surely you accept you was a c**t for not caring pre 2020 ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:


 

Disgusting. Why should covid patients be prioritised over people who need a liver transplant? 

Nightingales are sounding like a great idea right now for anyone unlikely to need critical care. Shame we don't have enough nurses and doctors to staff them..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:


 

Disgusting. Why should covid patients be prioritised over people who need a liver transplant? 

There were a total of 107 patients in intensive care, 28 of which were Covid patients.

 

This comes down to having a properly funded NHS rather than a COVD problem after reading that article.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Nightingales are sounding like a great idea right now for anyone unlikely to need critical care. Shame we don't have enough nurses and doctors to staff them..

Which Brexit did nothing to help - well done Boris you fat prick!   Its a huge untold story of the pandemic.

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, phimill said:

How long do we think the rest of the country is behind - if i remember correctly it was about 2W after NW that it started to rise elsewhere. If so, we hope to peak around 1st August (with euros baked in to this peak so no additonal spike). Then hopefully with vaccines in place its a steep decline back to "minimal" levels around end of august - at this time we should be around 80% adults fully vaccinated, and fingers crossed with no scariants we will just have the "humm" around in the background 

have to take into account that cases might increase once more restrictions eased next Monday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It was the over selling of fear that a sub 50 year old should have about catching covid as well.  We have scared 20s, 30s and 40 year olds beyond what was sensible in my view.

As a healthy 40 year old my risk from covid was tiny - that's a fact - yet the messaging didn't match this in an attempt at controlling people.  We now have a problem that even single jabbed 20 year olds are fearful.

Theres a virus going around thats extremely tranmissable and can knock you on your ass for a week if not more.

No shit people don't want to catch it, in the middle of summer...... Even if it poses no lethal risk.

I don't generally like being ill, do you?

On a personal level, I don't equate 'it's not going to kill you' to - 'its totally fine to catch it'....

Edited by MrBarry465
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

Theres a virus going around thats extremely tranmissable and can knock you on your ass for a week if not more.

No shit people don't want to catch it, in the middle of summer...... Even if it poses no lethal risk.

I don't generally like being ill, do you?

A good reply to prove my point.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

A good reply to prove my point.

 

I don't know what your point is.

'It's not lethal if you are under 50, therefore stop worrying?'

It's stupid, people don't like being sick full stop. So the level of fear is totally understandable given the circumstance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...