Jump to content

When will this shit end?


Chrisp1986

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Surely this is impossible to manage once an event begins?

"Ref, stop the game, there's a geezer in block D, row 34, set C without a mask on". Mental.

Masks were to be worn at all the euros games. Of the 4 I went to, I'd say compliance was less than 5%. Complete waste of time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Caveats etc but this mixed with Euros finishing, schools shutting for summer and good weather ahead should put us in a better place 

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think most places will get a QR scan thing to register a vaccine for entry.  Wouldn't be that difficult.

That's my thinking too, by then everyone who wants a jab will have been done twice and we potentially will have started boosters as well. Either that or a recent negative test is a fair mitigation to get events happening again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Starting to think festivals / concerts later in the year might be toast.

I hope that doesn't stretch to expecting people to wear it at other  outdoor stuff - no way could I hack wearing one of those for hours in the sun at Latitude! Think I'd just sack off other festivals even if they did happen in that event 

Edited by efcfanwirral
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I hope that doesn't stretch to expecting people to wear it at other  outdoor stuff - no way could I hack wearing one of those for hours in the sun at Latitude! Think I'd just sack off other festivals even if they did happen in that event 

But silly I thought 99% of people in the UK wanted masks to continue for the long term? Are you doubting the data?

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

someone I work with who's 27 and pregnant should have been offered the jab by now shouldn't they ? I thought the jab had been passed now for those who are pregnant or did I imagine it ? 

I'm guessing various admin stuff has meant not everyone has got an explicitly named letter or text, for example my letter went to my dad's and I didn't even think to change my doctors when I moved. I imagine she can just book online?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

someone I work with who's 27 and pregnant should have been offered the jab by now shouldn't they ? I thought the jab had been passed now for those who are pregnant or did I imagine it ? 

I don’t understand this. If you haven’t been offered the jab yet you know you can just ring one up and get one? Probably later today if the time allows.

Are people sitting back and waiting for them to come to you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Matt42 said:

I don’t understand this. If you haven’t been offered the jab yet you know you can just ring one up and get one? Probably later today if the time allows.

Are people sitting back and waiting for them to come to you?

im guessing she is ? I was asking based on the pregnancy bit , as I wasnt sure ... I told her to contact them but will reinforce that tomorrow if its ok 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

someone I work with who's 27 and pregnant should have been offered the jab by now shouldn't they ? I thought the jab had been passed now for those who are pregnant or did I imagine it ? 

I had no idea of the answer so went looking, first result was this:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/13/mixed-advice-driving-covid-vaccine-hesitancy-in-pregnant-uk-women

Looks like it’s all a bit of a mess for pregnant people 🙁 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

No idea who the twitter poster is - waa retweet, but it's a good way to get an article on here visually!  

Thoughts on this from a biological perspective @Toilet Duck? Is the selective pressure greater in a partially vaccinated population rather than one which is naive to vaccines? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

im guessing she is ? I was asking based on the pregnancy bit , as I wasnt sure ... I told her to contact them but will reinforce that tomorrow if its ok 

Yes you can get the vaccine now if you are pregnant. She might be anxious still though as she’s pregnant which my sister was, she’s just given birth and hasn’t had any doses of the vaccine yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm guessing various admin stuff has meant not everyone has got an explicitly named letter or text, for example my letter went to my dad's and I didn't even think to change my doctors when I moved. I imagine she can just book online?

My wife is pregnant and was missed off the initial GP list. When she booked her whooping cough jab, they asked if she’d had the Covid one and offered it there and then at the local centre (the booking centre ones were all miles away). Maybe give the GP a ring?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

But silly I thought 99% of people in the UK wanted masks to continue for the long term? Are you doubting the data?

You are probably looking at one of those daft polls you have referred to as not one I have seen says 99%.

High percentages though do say masks should remain as they are now - indoors and crowded indoor places. Outside mask wearing, apart from test events tat state otherwise, has never been a legal requirement as far as I am aware.

Still, apart from that your comment is totally valid and accurate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

 

Well yeah any time to you go somewhere it tells you to isolate. The system needs to be updated to reflect the change in restrictions. James O’Brien nailed this the other day. It’s not fit for purpose so people don’t want to bother with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

You are probably looking at one of those daft polls you have referred to as not one I have seen says 99%.

High percentages though do say masks should remain as they are now - indoors and crowded indoor places. Outside mask wearing, apart from test events tat state otherwise, has never been a legal requirement as far as I am aware.

Still, apart from that your comment is totally valid and accurate.

Hey man it was obviously just a joke. In case I hit a nerve there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hey man it was obviously just a joke. In case I hit a nerve there?

Well it was not obviously a joke at all - cos it went right over my head................ you may have written it with a smile but the internet does not show that unless you use emojis or a LOL

No nerves hit and my appologies for not seeing it was meant as a joke, though it was not at all clear.

Edited by Nobody Interesting
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, El Matador said:

Masks were to be worn at all the euros games. Of the 4 I went to, I'd say compliance was less than 5%. Complete waste of time. 

Even my mum and dad  didn't bother when we were seated at our seats and they are normally pretty respectful of rules, feels like its outside so what's the point. We did all at least wear our masks when we were going through the concourse, but we were definitely in the minority.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...