Jump to content

When will this shit end?


Chrisp1986

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah I feel for those of you worried about it - I haven't had my second yet and I'm off to Latitude, not bothered really about it as statistics show I'm not really at risk of it being bad. I was never worried about catching it for me though, so it'll have to be 10 days isolation when I get back whether I'm ill or not to avoid infecting others, then I think the year is over again for me.

I don't think this virus can be got rid of and that these deaths are inevitable at some point. I also think herd immunity is a myth - this variant popped up in one year, the idea that we just jab enough people and its over is laughable.

We either live with it, or we live with restrictions for years and wipe out any industry that needs step 4. Two very bad choices...

Why not order some LTR tests for when you get back? Save you 10 days possibly.

I was at Wembley Sunday so I'm gonna do one in a bit (didn't really have the inclination to shove one up my nose yesterday).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Yeah but there is a question on how fair is it to enter a building asking you to wear one without one ? 

I am not a big of a c**t as you might imagine 🙂  I do respect peoples requests.

I suspect you'll be out of luck in Sainsbury's as well then, them saying they aren't mandating masks doesn't mean they won't request mask wearing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think this nightclub thing is gonna go well unfortunately … they are often dark hot sweaty places with poor ventilation and it’s gonna be too late for them to get any covid app certification in place for 6 days time .. there are going to be some big outbreaks and the govt can then put the blame on clubs ( who are obviously desperate to reopen understandably and will do whatever on sun/mon …. Rates are really gonna rocket and staff will be off sick all over the place …. I feel sorry for staff that are very likely to get it and will have no choice but to work !! What has happened to herd immunity @Toilet Duck is it still possible ? It just seems these rates are just going to keep climbing … 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly think a PR campaign alongside a design of some masks that has wording written on them along the lines of ‘I am wearing this to protect others’ would be a great idea.
It would help to remove any stigma which is sure to come from next week onwards. 

Edited by st dan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I don’t think this nightclub thing is gonna go well unfortunately … they are often dark hot sweaty places with poor ventilation and it’s gonna be too late for them to get any covid app certification in place for 6 days time .. there are going to be some big outbreaks and the govt can then put the blame on clubs ( who are obviously desperate to reopen understandably and will do whatever on sun/mon …. Rates are really gonna rocket and staff will be off sick all over the place …. I feel sorry for staff that are very likely to get it and will have no choice but to work !! What has happened to herd immunity @Toilet Duck is it still possible ? It just seems these rates are just going to keep climbing … 

Live music the same. I hope there's financial help for the industry for the winter bit I doubt it 

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Nightclubs will be rammed. If anyone on here has had a look at booking outdoor seated clubbing at tables, they are usually sold out as far as the eye can see.

Outdoor seated clubbing sounds amazing actually...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if any businesses will introduce mask mandates for certain periods, so people can choose to shop during a time they'll feel safer? I haven't heard of anywhere doing that, but it could work.

It's an insult to everyone to have government morally guilt tripping people for not wearing masks but avoiding taking any accountability themselves and putting all the responsibility on businesses. That's really not fair to anyone, no matter where they stand on this.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They always said cases were gonna rise as we unlocked and now cases are rising as we unlock and everyone is panicking. I don't get it. Opening is constantly getting pushed down the road by some on here even tho they said they supported the one month delay and said we should open in July. Did you expect cases to be dropping by now?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

I wonder if any businesses will introduce mask mandates for certain periods, so people can choose to shop during a time they'll feel safer? I haven't heard of anywhere doing that, but it could work.

I could maybe see cinemas doing this, given the multiple screenings per day and the fact they need as many people through the door as possible nowadays. Giving non-mask wearers and mask wearers the option to choose a 'restricted' screening or not might get a few more wary people on board with going again.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, st dan said:

The phrase ‘pissing in the wind’ comes to mind for shops that are going to try and encourage masks from next week. Going to lead to confrontation and intimidation of staff members, which is something they just shouldn’t be expected to deal with. 

Shops barely challenge anyone now, no retail staff are going to get involved in a fight once they are only encouraged. There will be signs up and that's it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I wonder if any businesses will introduce mask mandates for certain periods, so people can choose to shop during a time they'll feel safer? I haven't heard of anywhere doing that, but it could work.

It's an insult to everyone to have government morally guilt tripping people for not wearing masks but avoiding taking any accountability themselves and putting all the responsibility on businesses. That's really not fair to anyone, no matter where they stand on this.

That’s not a bad idea, maybe make it at the end of the day or something when it tends to be quieter anyway?

I reckon the majority will still wear masks when shopping though so it might not be as much of a problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I could maybe see cinemas doing this, given the multiple screenings per day and the fact they need as many people through the door as possible nowadays. Giving non-mask wearers and mask wearers the option to choose a 'restricted' screening or not might get a few more wary people on board with going again.

Such a good idea. Could stretch to other events too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

They always said cases were gonna rise as we unlocked and now cases are rising as we unlock and everyone is panicking. I don't get it. Opening is constantly getting pushed down the road by some on here even tho they said they supported the one month delay and said we should open in July. Did you expect cases to be dropping by now?

I think it's a little deeper than just freaking out about case numbers, honestly. So many people have got used to restrictions and moulded their life differently, that now lifting them and going back to (at least some sort of) old way feels intimidating and a shock to the system. I don't feel that way, but I get why psychologically many people are reacting like this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I think it's a little deeper than just freaking out about case numbers, honestly. So many people have got used to restrictions and moulded their life differently, that now lifting them and going back to (at least some sort of) old way feels intimidating and a shock to the system. I don't feel that way, but I get why psychologically many people are reacting like this.

It’s very natural for people to be feeling anxious about the reopening especially with little baseline protections in place. As you say some people have got used to how things are with restrictions so to loosen things completely with the prevalence of the virus is understandable. You can sense some in government have also been spooked by the recent data too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Shops barely challenge anyone now, no retail staff are going to get involved in a fight once they are only encouraged. There will be signs up and that's it.

The sunflowers and exemptions make it not challengeable anyway and there will be more people ignoring it from Monday unfortunately… they will be mandated again for the winter if not before that … ive seen several colleagues over recent weeks become exempt now they are double jabbed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Shops barely challenge anyone now, no retail staff are going to get involved in a fight once they are only encouraged. There will be signs up and that's it.

No true, but today they can politely ask you to wear one now. I’ve seen it many times in many different shops, chemists, walk in centres etc. And people usually oblige to avoid confrontation from what I’ve seen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you make a quick recovery!

 

The scenes on Wembley way we're a total disgrace over the weekend. Makes me feel little sympathy for the loss.

Thank you.

 

Couldn't agree more, a total shambles of a day that I've written in more detail on the football thread, but such a difference from the previous two matches id been to it was like London had been taken over by mob rule. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Homer said:

Last time I went to the gym (Sunday morning), I was the only person wearing a mask when moving between equipment. No one has really been bothering all along though, to be fair.

Yeah I’m a pretty stringent mask wearer but I quickly realised that I was one of very few abiding by it at the gym from the get-go and have basically given up now. I kind of get it - you’re in a place where, despite the cleaning down, you’re constantly touching stuff other people have touched and sweated all over so it’s a bit of a lost cause and gamble if you’re choosing to go to the gym at all. I just make sure to clean stuff down as best possible and give those that don’t a little side eye when I can. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

They always said cases were gonna rise as we unlocked and now cases are rising as we unlock and everyone is panicking. I don't get it. Opening is constantly getting pushed down the road by some on here even tho they said they supported the one month delay and said we should open in July. Did you expect cases to be dropping by now?

 

This is my thinking as well. The mood music seems to have changed dramatically in the last few days despite no significant change in the data.

Undoubtedly not helped by the government's flip flopping yesterday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Train operators and major bus firms in England rule out making mask wearing compulsory after 19 July

No domestic train operators or major bus and coach firms will require passengers to wear face coverings on services in England from Monday, PA Media reports. PA says:

Transport companies have the power to turn away customers who refuse to cover their noses and mouths even when the legal requirement is lifted on 19 July.

Yesterday Boris Johnson said “we expect and recommend” that people continue to wear face coverings in “crowded and enclosed spaces ... such as on public transport”.

Cross-Channel train firm Eurostar and airlines such as British Airways, easyJet and Ryanair will continue to require passengers to wear face coverings from 19 July.

But train industry body the Rail Delivery Group (RDG) announced that all domestic train operators, such as Avanti West Coast, TransPennine Express and Southeastern, will not go that far.

An RDG spokesman said: “Rail companies will ask people to follow the government guidance and, out of respect for others, wear face coverings if an indoor setting is busy.

“Train travel is low-risk, with the majority of carriages well ventilated by air conditioning systems or by doors and windows.”

The Confederation of Passenger Transport (CPT), which represents major bus and coach operators such as National Express and Megabus, announced that its members will not mandate the wearing of face coverings from Monday.

A CPT spokesman said: “We expect that many people, especially in busy places, will follow the prime minister’s call to continue to wear a face covering as a courtesy to others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just been on my Nuffield health gym app and the class booking is continuing as before … I don’t know if they just haven’t updated it yet .. or they are continuing with restricted numbers for certain things including swimming 

I would imagine it will be a little while before the systems are updated / decisions are taken.

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...