Jump to content

When will this shit end?


Chrisp1986

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I wonder how accurate this is?

 

Can't believe people are still talking about zero covid. EVEN if the vaccine was sterilising, that would mean permanent restrictions and no international travel for anyone ever. Completely unrealistic- born out of the time people assumed it was a sterilising vaccine

Edited by efcfanwirral
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Considering how many are on a knife edge revenue wise, that extra cost could cause a big problem. 

Agreed. Also what's the justification? By autumn everyone that's getting a vaccine will have had it. If we have restrictions this winter, we accept that we'll have them forever more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Can't believe people are still talking about zero covid. EVEN if the vaccine was sterilising, that would mean permanent restrictions and no international travel for anyone ever. Completely unrealistic- born out of the time people assumed it was a sterilising vaccine

Well it's partly sterilising.  But I agree that zero covid isn't possible now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

How much work is it really to flash a pass?  Will mean every pub will need someone on the door.  Not sure how realistic that is 

Or just a scanner thing at the door to scan before you come in as a 'Trust ' thing. Restaraunts and gigs will be easier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Given that you can still catch it when your jabbed why don't we call it what it is? 

'We can't stop you getting the virus, we have via vaccination equipped your body the best we can to fight this off - good luck and have your lives back - it's this or your locked up forever'

There is a huge space between 'locked up forever' and no controls whatsoever. There is space for the govt to issue strong guidelines on behaviour but they have chosen not to do this and just  to wash their hands of it all now. I hope it works, truly I do, but I have more than a few doubts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

This made me laugh 😂 (it's the little things that keep you sane..)

 

I forgot about that. He's definitely consistently very committed to making himself look like an idiot to fool people that he's harmless! 

Edited by efcfanwirral
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Ok, so you delay it an extra fee weeks. You have people who still aren't jabbed, or who still aren't second jabbed so you wait another 3 weeks... For them to be at full protection... It just keeps snow balling. Those most at risk have had more than ample opportunity to get double jabbed and get up to full protection (plus some will be getting boosters soon) there really isn't a lot more than can be done. 

This “it would just keep going” argument doesn’t hold true. I agree in principle that we shouldn’t wait around for people who’ve been offered a jab but haven’t taken one, however the target is for everyone over 18 to have been offered a first jab by July 19th.

We could wait for those with one jab to get their second, given the protection is significantly stronger at that point. It would be a one time wait of a few short weeks and result in a population as protected as they could be, instead of gambling with the health and potentially lives of millions who are now subjected to this unfortunate “if you don’t like it, stay at home” selfishness. 

Most of us hoped that a return to normality might be marked by something resembling care for others. Some (the minority) of voices in this thread confirm that sadly it will take more than a global pandemic to be rid of the more toxic attitudes in society. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

This “it would just keep going” argument doesn’t hold true. I agree in principle that we shouldn’t wait around for people who’ve been offered a jab but haven’t taken one, however the target is for everyone over 18 to have been offered a first jab by July 19th.

We could wait for those with one jab to get their second, given the protection is significantly stronger at that point. It would be a one time wait of a few short weeks and result in a population as protected as they could be, instead of gambling with the health and potentially lives of millions who are now subjected to this unfortunate “if you don’t like it, stay at home” selfishness. 

Most of us hoped that a return to normality might be marked by something resembling care for others. Some (the minority) of voices in this thread confirm that sadly it will take more than a global pandemic to be rid of the more toxic attitudes in society. 

Oh get of yohr high horse. They are logical reasons why July 19th is better.

Edited by zahidf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Oh get of yohr high horse. They are logical reasons why July 19th is better.

No high horse here, just a different opinion. I fully accept there are good arguments for an earlier opening. I just, on balance, don’t come down on that side of the fence. I respect your right to think differently 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, kalifire said:

This “it would just keep going” argument doesn’t hold true. I agree in principle that we shouldn’t wait around for people who’ve been offered a jab but haven’t taken one, however the target is for everyone over 18 to have been offered a first jab by July 19th.

We could wait for those with one jab to get their second, given the protection is significantly stronger at that point. It would be a one time wait of a few short weeks and result in a population as protected as they could be, instead of gambling with the health and potentially lives of millions who are now subjected to this unfortunate “if you don’t like it, stay at home” selfishness. 

Most of us hoped that a return to normality might be marked by something resembling care for others. Some (the minority) of voices in this thread confirm that sadly it will take more than a global pandemic to be rid of the more toxic attitudes in society. 

Assuming everyone had one jab on the 19th you then have to wait 8 weeks for the second. Then three weeks for full protection (which is something like 30% more) then three weeks for that to kick in. Thats 11 weeks. 

Those who are yet to be jabbed had a miniscule chance of death from Covid without any vaccine at all so you tell me who these millions who are going to die? Where are they? Why have they not already been jabbed? 

Care for others? How is the nation going to care for anyone if there are less and less businesses paying business rates and people working for them? Who is going to fund the NHS? Schools? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, kalifire said:

This “it would just keep going” argument doesn’t hold true. I agree in principle that we shouldn’t wait around for people who’ve been offered a jab but haven’t taken one, however the target is for everyone over 18 to have been offered a first jab by July 19th.

As has been pointed out several times now, that target has already been effectively met - more than two weeks ago. Vaccine centres across the country have been operating on a walk-in basis with (for the most part) no or minimal queues since approximately June 25th, and this is reflected in the relatively small number of first doses given out over the past 2 weeks.

If anyone isn't at least 2 weeks from their first dose by now, it has to be considered to be by choice - either they delayed getting their first dose or they're not intending to have it at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...