When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

If opening more leads to higher R, then this means a bigger wave, right? And a bigger wave could mean more damage to people's health (and livelihoods).

With schools closed, only so much of an increase in R. And the vaccines also limit the R rate

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

With schools closed, only so much of an increase in R. And the vaccines also limit the R rate

Ok.. but the whole argument that cases are rising anyway so may as well open up fully seems flawed to me. I get the arguments about school hols and exit waves in the autumn etc, but then that can be countered with booster jabs and vaxxing kids.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Is that why we have restrictions though? Because its to stop people dying in car parks. Not because the NHS is busy.

I'd rather we gave them more money tbh.  

Well yeah, they definitely need money, but that is fix for mid/long term, this is potentially a short term problem..if hospitals already busy and those projections come true could get messy.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Well yeah, they definitely need money, but that is fix for mid/long term, this is potentially a short term problem..if hospitals already busy and those projections come true could get messy.

Can't they move support and resources  from one area to another to mitigate the issue? It seems regional specific rather than all over 

Restrictions should be a last resort. Not plan A

Edited by zahidf

We are talking about a different issue here though; an underfunded NHS. We could lockdown for many more months or even years and not fix that problem without electing a different government.

It just is not reasonable to enforce tough restrictions on daily lives because the NHS is not being funded properly. As a country, we should not accept that. The correct response is to fund the NHS properly.

5 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

We are talking about a different issue here though; an underfunded NHS. We could lockdown for many more months or even years and not fix that problem without electing a different government.

It just is not reasonable to enforce tough restrictions on daily lives because the NHS is not being funded properly. As a country, we should not accept that. The correct response is to fund the NHS properly.

Yup. Accepting restrictions because of underfunding is perfect for the Tory govt. Such the fun out of like except work and not bother giving money to the NHS

8 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Yes, and social care...needs loads of money...and where's it all going to come from?

2 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Time to fund the NHS to bud the surge capacity that it needs. 

Why isn't Labour focusing on this rather than unrealistic and unachievable building ventilation issues. 

No fucking clue.

Angry and dissapointed. 

That sort of stuff is for future manifestos. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

That sort of stuff is for future manifestos. 

Its for NOW. I'm completely frustrated by Labour's shit approach. 

Back to basics. Fght for the workers. Use the huge wealth of this country for the greater good. We are a rich nation, there should not be foodbanks. 

WTF are they playing at. This should be easy. 

4 hours ago, zahidf said:

Can't they move support and resources  from one area to another to mitigate the issue? It seems regional specific rather than all over 

Restrictions should be a last resort. Not plan A

Ambulance services have partner services for taking 999 calls not sure if this filters to the actual sending of ambulances though.

Will ask some questions of someone who will know tomorrow as I'm interested to know. 

7 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Its for NOW. I'm completely frustrated by Labour's shit approach. 

Back to basics. Fght for the workers. Use the huge wealth of this country for the greater good. We are a rich nation, there should not be foodbanks. 

WTF are they playing at. This should be easy. 

You mean nurses pay? I mean, the govt have been throwing billions at everything the last year, but there's been too much underfunding for years which can't be fixed quickly. The whole pandemic has been fire fighting, but what should come next is how going to fund health and social care with an aging population and now covid and the risk of future pandemics and god knows what else. 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

You mean nurses pay? I mean, the govt have been throwing billions at everything the last year, but there's been too much underfunding for years which can't be fixed quickly. The whole pandemic has been fire fighting, but what should come next is how going to fund health and social care with an aging population and now covid and the risk of future pandemics and god knows what else. 

No, I mean we face all the issues you list AND we are a very rich country. Labour should be putting those two things together to produce progressive policies. They should not be arguing for better air-con #LostThePlot

6 hours ago, MrBarry465 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jul/07/england-covid-reopening-plan-dangerous-experiment-ministers-told

Dr Jacky Davis, an NHS consultant radiologist, said: “In going for what looks like hybrid herd immunity, which was what this government went for in first place and then was slapped down, they are conducting a very dangerous experiment.

“We’re concerned about the future of young people and their education as it may be that it will have serious repercussions on their health going forward. It seems very dangerous when it could be stopped by something as minimal as wearing a mask and a degree of social distancing. The government has put all its eggs in the vaccine basket.”

Yeah because wearing a mask right now is having a huge impact

36 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Time to fund the NHS to bud the surge capacity that it needs. 

Why isn't Labour focusing on this rather than unrealistic and unachievable building ventilation issues. 

No fucking clue.

Angry and dissapointed. 

Totally agree with this

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yeah because wearing a mask right now is having a huge impact

FFS Barry just don't wear the mask if you don't want to. It's not a police state. 

Odd to keep banging in about something that is completely in your own control. 

Edited by HalfAnIdiot
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

FFS Barry just don't wear the mask if you don't want to. It not a police state. 

Odd to keep banging in about something that is completely in your own control. 

Not right now it isn't - its the law until July 19th and I do my best to follow it.