Jump to content

When will this shit end?


Chrisp1986

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, topmarksbri said:

Appreciate it. Some mask wearing is still better than none at all even if it's not done perfectly though right? Touching this also interesting, I was under the impression that fomite transmission is basically nonexistent. 

Yep course it is. 

But i worry that battle lines will be drawn over things that actually dont make that much difference. Not on about public transport and stuff. For the time being totally valid view but the general in public bit. We have all come so far it is just a shame to have these drawing lines in the sand opposing views. As someone said earlier in this thread - we mostly all want the same thing- just may take a slightly different path to get there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Nhs. Being i work in it and have been be9ng briefed since last march

I just wanna say thanks for all your hard work through the pandemic, I can only imagine how tough things must have been at times. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah thanks mate but theres millions of us have been doing our bit. 

Any one who has worked through this or has taken guidance have done our bit and mostly no one should be singled out.

Obviously some massive self sacrifices have been made by very caring and generous people but most of us vaguely muddled through and kept hoping it was gonna pan out ok. 

That's why i was hoping for a stop and collective breath  and a bloody hell that was a close call kind of thing

 Lets all try and get it together with allowing others to do the same. 

Unfortunately it seems the human race is bollox at the love in bit except on a 1 to 1 kind of way.

Always hope for the future though!.

I hope your anxiety is starting to ease a bit too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok cant get the link to work but there is a very exciting 6 page document online pdf format. Duration of wearing of face coverings.

All the details are in that. 

Bloody hell this feels almost civilised. Good stuff 👏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We should continue to wear our masks indoors as a mark of respect to colleagues, one of Britain's top scientists has said. 

Sir Paul Nurse, Nobel Laureate and director of the Francis Crick Institute, agreed that the right balance to strike was for the Government to open up society on July 19 but for people to wear face coverings in indoor settings and on public transport. 

"We need to look at everything in a case by case way," he told the BBC's Radio 4 Today programme. 

"Just going sort of rather gung-ho, opening up completely - a problem with that is, is that isn't just you. You have to respect the your colleagues, and I think just relying on from these individual judgement of what they should be doing - they may just think too much about themselves and not about the people that they could potentially infect."

Sir Paul said he also believes coronavirus testing must continue and there should be a focus on creating a safe work environment.

 

So I should wear a mask to respect the person I am working with ?   But the person I am working with has the total choice to go and get the vaccine ?   Maybe the person I am working with should respect my right to not wear a face mask and go and get the vaccine ?

Or do we hold back our norms and freedoms for the handful of people who for medical reasons can't have the vaccine ?   Ever though those people face daily issues with all sorts of other viruses ? 

And when is okay not to wear a mask ?   or is this forever thinking now ? 

Planet crazy 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just thinking about supermarkets and shops...

If some decide to continue to requests masks and others don't...  Going to be interesting to see people voting with their feet - in either direction.

I would 100% avoid the ones asking for it - and stick online if it remains the norm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Just thinking about supermarkets and shops...

If some decide to continue to requests masks and others don't...  Going to be interesting to see people voting with their feet - in either direction.

I would 100% avoid the ones asking for it - and stick online if it remains the norm.

People were outraged in my area when mask wearing and queuing outside were first introduced last year because they'd be slightly inconvenienced on the weekly food shop, a few posts in the local Facebook group, probably like most places. Ultimately people kept shopping at the local Morrisons instead of driving 20 minutes to the next closest supermarket. Suspect it'll be a bit different this time round though as you say

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This will be interesting to see how it will be enforced, I know quite a few airlines have already stated mask wearing is staying and I guess much easier to enforce.....

Personally I see a U-turn from Gov on Monday about use in public transport as we know they like to gauge public opinion 1st and so far there has been a leaning acceptance towards mask wearing in public transport settings

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

This will be interesting to see how it will be enforced, I know quite a few airlines have already stated mask wearing is staying and I guess much easier to enforce.....

Personally I see a U-turn from Gov on Monday about use in public transport as we know they like to gauge public opinion 1st and so far there has been a leaning acceptance towards mask wearing in public transport settings

 

Sadiq will almost definitely mandate it in London I reckon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Sadiq will almost definitely mandate it in London I reckon

I think it will be the same for here in Greater Manchester too give our case rates at the moment, most people (barr the anti-maskers) seem to be okay to keep wearing them in public transport settings if they can be removed elsewhere.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

in other news you might survive covid but our transport secretary is going to increase the number of knackered HGV drivers on our roads.... H&S out the window Jesus!! (saying that I'm not sure transport company unions will allow this tbh)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So I should wear a mask to respect the person I am working with ?   But the person I am working with has the total choice to go and get the vaccine ?   Maybe the person I am working with should respect my right to not wear a face mask and go and get the vaccine ?

Or do we hold back our norms and freedoms for the handful of people who for medical reasons can't have the vaccine ?   Ever though those people face daily issues with all sorts of other viruses ? 

And when is okay not to wear a mask ?   or is this forever thinking now ? 

Planet crazy 🙂 

There are still people that want the vaccine, have got their first dose, but are still waiting for their second one. About 12 million of them. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Delta kicking off in Europe now. The Benelux nations in particular are starting to do their best impression of the Wuhan province. 

Never heard this term before so have Googled it. You learn something new every day! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Just thinking about supermarkets and shops...

If some decide to continue to requests masks and others don't...  Going to be interesting to see people voting with their feet - in either direction.

I would 100% avoid the ones asking for it - and stick online if it remains the norm.

I've got no issue with whatever the supermarkets I use decide. The One Stop at the top of my street stopped policing mask wearing weeks ago and everyone has just got on with it with no aggro. 

My issue is if after 19th July if any strangers question my decision on mask wearing, they will be not too politely be told to mind their own fucking business. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BobWillis2 said:

And virtually all of them are protected against severe disease. 

The effectiveness of Pfizer and possibly Moderna, after 4 weeks and against Delta is pretty limited. 

If you're privileged enough to have already have been offered both jabs and someone who isn't wants you to wear a mask that seems reasonable.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Delta kicking off in Europe now. The Benelux nations in particular are starting to do their best impression of the Wuhan province. 

Cases still rather low in most countries, but yeah, on the rise in many, most noticeable in the Lowland and Spain. The Delta variant here is over two thirds of the whole cases, so cases will certainly rise, but the low level has not changed that much until now. It will also be a question of hospitalization and death, like in the UK at some point. Now we have scientists again who want a cautious approach - instead of opening up - like in the UK - nearly everything - I read in the paper today scientists against music festival - in this case scientist Dorothee Van Laer saying these super spreader events should be cancelled because of the Delta and on the other Frequency Festival saying "this is totally silly, we will make our festival anyway"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No idea what he means about "liberals" though.

a lot of the liberal types like Ian Dunt and Emma Kennedy screaming about CLOSE THE BORDERS without a hint of irony or understanding that isnt really a door they want to open

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

There are still people that want the vaccine, have got their first dose, but are still waiting for their second one. About 12 million of them. 

Won't be long - and those are mostly the young - who mostly never had an issue anyway...

Context and keeping your head is everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...