Jump to content

When will this shit end?


Chrisp1986

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lol what?

 

I'm on my last day of self isolation following being pinged for 5 days in the birdhouse. 

It's only 5 days, but it's been crap. Mrs and boy can do as they please. I've taken a couple of tests just because we had them in the house - would be hard pressed to get me to self isolate next time, and given the current case numbers there will be a next time. Fully expecting another after this as I had to go to Leeds the other day and sat on a couple of places for more than 15 minutes. 

Probably just uninstall the app. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

SOme gig venues are saying they will ask for a vaccine certificate in London on a private basis to make people feel secure coming. I could see some festivals following suit

I've just seem that local authorities will be allowed to ask for measures reckon that'll hit some festivals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah, I really wouldn't know what to be doing if I was immunocompromised this summer. I'd probably feel like I was being thrown to the wolves a bit.

You would act as you would any other day of your life pre-covid.

If you're genuinely that immunocompromised you shouldn't be revolving your entire life around whether or not you get covid. Sounds like the common cold would be just as deadly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's quite the juxtaposition to celebrate ending restrictions on the basis of scientific advice, then to deliberately undermine the tracing infrastructure because the scientific advice doesn't suit. It gives the impression it's only ever been about the science when it's convenient. It's really just entitlement.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kalifire said:

It's quite the juxtaposition to celebrate ending restrictions on the basis of scientific advice, then to deliberately undermine the tracing infrastructure because the scientific advice doesn't suit. It gives the impression it's only ever been about the science when it's convenient. It's really just entitlement.

Or that people have followed the science and been vaccinated but its not enough. People have followed the science pretty well I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It's quite the juxtaposition to celebrate ending restrictions on the basis of scientific advice, then to deliberately undermine the tracing infrastructure because the scientific advice doesn't suit. It gives the impression it's only ever been about the science when it's convenient. It's really just entitlement.

If you're double jabbed now, that announcement is basically a green light to ignore the pings now. Why is it OK August 19th and not now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

If you're double jabbed now, that announcement is basically a green light to ignore the pings now. Why is it OK August 19th and not now?

double jabbed or not you still carry it and can pass it on to others ? surely its still about keeping the infections down even though the risk is lower ? ill keep the app on and if it pings me ill do as required .... im in the fortunate position that my employer pays me for the full isolation period though ... I do understand that others might not be as fortunate and  the govt compensation for isolating has never been adequate or encouraging for people to do as required . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

double jabbed or not you still carry it and can pass it on to others ? surely its still about keeping the infections down even though the risk is lower ? ill keep the app on and if it pings me ill do as required .... im in the fortunate position that my employer pays me for the full isolation period though ... I do understand that others might not be as fortunate and  the govt compensation for isolating has never been adequate or encouraging for people to do as required . 

You are highly unlikely to. Which is why contact tracing is being stopped for double jabbed people specifically. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

If you're double jabbed now, that announcement is basically a green light to ignore the pings now. Why is it OK August 19th and not now?

I was thinking the same about U18s when I was reading the announcement.  Classes/year groups currently off school but ok to crack on after August.  Would be a bit miffed if my kids were at home isolating at the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

You are highly unlikely to. Which is why contact tracing is being stopped for double jabbed people specifically. 

ok so what chance ? given how many people have had the virus or the jab how is it continuing to spread then ? and with the current numbers predicted up to 100,000 people infected per day is this just being spread by the unvaccinated ? these numbers seem out of proportion to me 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

ok so what chance ? given how many people have had the virus or the jab how is it continuing to spread then ? and with the current numbers predicted up to 100,000 people infected per day is this just being spread by the unvaccinated ? these numbers seem out of proportion to me 

Mainly spread among the unvaccinated with some amount of escape into the single-vaccinated groups and a small amount of escape into the fully vaccinated groups.

 

The point is that if you’re fully vaccinated, even if you come into close contact with a confirmed case, the chance of you catching and spreading covid is sufficiently small that self-isolating is more harm than good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, slumberjack said:

I was thinking the same about U18s when I was reading the announcement.  Classes/year groups currently off school but ok to crack on after August.  Would be a bit miffed if my kids were at home isolating at the moment. 

We have a child at home doing that, we have done daily test. But as kids break up in a couple of weeks and it will take time to implement. 
 

he already had covid back in December as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

ok so what chance ? given how many people have had the virus or the jab how is it continuing to spread then ? and with the current numbers predicted up to 100,000 people infected per day is this just being spread by the unvaccinated ? these numbers seem out of proportion to me 

You will hit a wall pretty quickly if you get to 100k cases per day surely? There are not that many people unvaccinated... There will be a peak. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've just seem that local authorities will be allowed to ask for measures reckon that'll hit some festivals.

Hopefully the government comes through with insurance to let it get as far as local authorities even being able to demand measures!

Edited by efcfanwirral
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ok so what chance ? given how many people have had the virus or the jab how is it continuing to spread then ? and with the current numbers predicted up to 100,000 people infected per day is this just being spread by the unvaccinated ? these numbers seem out of proportion to me 

 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Mainly spread among the unvaccinated with some amount of escape into the single-vaccinated groups and a small amount of escape into the fully vaccinated groups.

 

The point is that if you’re fully vaccinated, even if you come into close contact with a confirmed case, the chance of you catching and spreading covid is sufficiently small that self-isolating is more harm than good. 

Good timing this conversation as I came on to post this:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...