When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Disagree … the politicians would have been jabbed … but not everyone in the circus that surrounded them … it’s pushed up numbers without question 

Utter nonsense to say it in such certain terms.  They may have contributed a bit but its pretty much common sense tens plot thousands of holiday markers who arrived the week before the g7 had the biggest impact 

Numbers where going up before the g7 - fact 

Edited by Barry Fish

17 minutes ago, The Dawg said:

My mate in his 50s had his second jab over 4 weeks ago not sure with the other guy probably similar as he teaches. Just seems that a lot of people are either suffering with the virus or isolating due to be in contact with others. Worrying.

Thanks. Pretty rubbish for them.

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Bit of g7 and a lot of holiday makers - myself included 

Nothing in my post to say it wasn’t holiday makers … and usual mixing … but of course the G7 had an impact massively inflating the numbers in a small town … interesting that the numbers have dropped back since the circus left 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Nothing in my post to say it wasn’t holiday makers … and usual mixing … but of course the G7 had an impact massively inflating the numbers in a small town … interesting that the numbers have dropped back since the circus left 

And the holiday makers....

You saying a few hundred maybe thousands of g7 lot "massively inflated the numbers" in the face of tens maybe hundred of thousands of holiday makers for a 2 week period.

Your losing the plot mate.  That small town is the epicenter of Cornwall tourism.

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yeah, I agree, probably more G7 than holiday makers....but govt will keep telling us it was joe public's fault, nothing to do with them...

Just now, zahidf said:

Also.... weren't we told to holiday in the UK? What were people expecting to happen in UK holiday spots?

Of course … fewer restrictions now mean it’s going to be spreading …. Don’t think anyone is saying different 

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

And the holiday makers....

You saying a few hundred maybe thousands of g7 lot "massively inflated the numbers" in the face of tens maybe hundred of thousands of holiday makers for a 2 week period.

Your losing the plot mate.  That small town is the epicenter of Cornwall tourism.

There were a few articles last week suggesting it was to do with the G7 summit rather than tourists... the map below looks a bit suspicious if not.

https://inews.co.uk/news/g7-summit-was-super-spreading-event-for-cornwall-as-cases-rocket-2450-after-johnson-and-biden-visit-1060710

Screenshot_20210623-085640_Firefox.jpg

3 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

There were a few articles last week suggesting it was to do with the G7 summit rather than tourists... the map below looks a bit suspicious if not.

https://inews.co.uk/news/g7-summit-was-super-spreading-event-for-cornwall-as-cases-rocket-2450-after-johnson-and-biden-visit-1060710

Screenshot_20210623-085640_Firefox.jpg

You realise that those two areas are also holiday areas ?  In the faint orange areas are holiday focal points.

Cases where rising before the g7 in those areas - fact 

I don't blame holiday makers but it's what cased it.  It was expected.  You see similar patterns all over the country.

Edited by Barry Fish

16 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You realise that those two areas are also holiday areas ?  In the faint orange areas are holiday focal points.

I don't blame holiday makers but it's what cased it.  It was expected.  You see similar patterns all over the country.

Lazy journalism to be honest. As with so much of it the past 18 months. 

23 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

I’m glad that the latest rumblings out of government suggest that WFH will end on the 19th. This is great news, let’s get everybody back in the offices and save the city centres before it’s too late. 

I'll believe it when it happens. Im sure the pro lockdown scientists and ministers are furiously combing through the data looking for any excuse to delay things longer. 

Bold statement but I recon the G7 thing, and the holiday makers, is coloration not causation. There were no spikes in Cornwall or West Wales last summer despite the locals (and most other people) fully expecting there to be and both those areas being rammed to the ceiling with tourists. Holiday makers (and I expect G7 circus folks) don't tend to mix that much with the community at large so don't spread the virus into the community, especially at the moment where the places they would come in contact with locals (pubs, restaurants or outdoors on a beach) are all pretty COVID secure. 

What does spread the virus is people from inside communities heading out somewhere, being irresponsible then coming back home and continuing to be irresponsible. I wonder if these spikes have anything to do with locals having Euros parties? It's just much easier to blame outsiders though.

40 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You seem to forget that for three weeks before the summit the areas were full of people from all over preparing for the summit. The 6000 police were there 2 weeks before, the media were all there three weeks before.

It is 100% the G7 summit that caused the spikes.

Tourism in those areas was very low in the 3 weeks before as all rooms were booked for the summit and used by the staff, the media etc

I shall not add the word 'fact' at the end to prove I am right though as that is just daft.

You can down vote me again like you did yesterday too if it makes you feel big and clever - which you certainly are not given you think a face mask is like a nappy.

Edited by Nobody Interesting
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Defo think a reason for the spikes in cases in Scotland is cause of travel to London, it seems to have spread like wildfire amongst some of the (mainly) unvaccinated 19-30 year old that were down there. Heard of at least a few full groups of 7/8/9 boys that have all got it coming home. So far my group is alright but a few of us vaccinated/ prior infection etc. 

Just shows how quick this thing spreads in the unvaccinated.

34 minutes ago, TalkShow Bob said:

Bold statement but I recon the G7 thing, and the holiday makers, is coloration not causation. There were no spikes in Cornwall or West Wales last summer despite the locals (and most other people) fully expecting there to be and both those areas being rammed to the ceiling with tourists. Holiday makers (and I expect G7 circus folks) don't tend to mix that much with the community at large so don't spread the virus into the community, especially at the moment where the places they would come in contact with locals (pubs, restaurants or outdoors on a beach) are all pretty COVID secure. 

What does spread the virus is people from inside communities heading out somewhere, being irresponsible then coming back home and continuing to be irresponsible. I wonder if these spikes have anything to do with locals having Euros parties? It's just much easier to blame outsiders though.

We have had India and Kent since the last summer period.  Both changed the game on transmission 

Edited by Barry Fish

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

We have had India and Kent since the last summer period.  Both changed the game on transmission 

But social interaction - which is where transmission occurs - has not changed. There was zero spike caused by summer tourists and although slightly hyperbolic 0 * 50% increase in transmissibility is still 0.

Edited by TalkShow Bob

33 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Defo think a reason for the spikes in cases in Scotland is cause of travel to London, it seems to have spread like wildfire amongst some of the (mainly) unvaccinated 19-30 year old that were down there. Heard of at least a few full groups of 7/8/9 boys that have all got it coming home. So far my group is alright but a few of us vaccinated/ prior infection etc. 

Will be blamed on delta plus and used as a reason to not allow crowds beyond the euros finals and F1 I imagine

Edited by efcfanwirral

8 minutes ago, TalkShow Bob said:

But social interaction - which is where transmission occurs - has not changed. There was zero spike caused by summer tourists and although slightly hyperbolic 0 * 50% increase in transmissibility is still 0.

When you come in close contact with someone then its not a given you will get the virus.  Your chances of getting the covid from the Indian variant was greater than your chances of getting it from Kent which was greater than the Original strains.

Not following your logic at all.

41 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

And it highlights the challenges for mass events where people use public transport. 

Until we are comfortable saying we don't care about cases and mean it then we can't unlock further.

I see Sydney putting hard borders up between locations and restrictions coming back because there has been 37 "cases". 

If you do this everytime there is such a small amount of cases they are going to be dealing with lockdowns/restrictions until the end of time. 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

I see Sydney putting hard borders up between locations and restrictions coming back because there has been 37 "cases". 

If you do this everytime there is such a small amount of cases they are going to be dealing with lockdowns/restrictions until the end of time. 

It’s such a crazy approach. They’ve done exceptionally well in protecting lives and their domestic economy throughout this pandemic (which I guess are the two major factors), but they are a long way behind in terms of the end game. 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

eventually the world will be vaccinated...sometime in the 2030s maybe.