Jump to content

When will this shit end?


Chrisp1986

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

Honestly, you get flack for a lot of your shit on here Matt, but this is ridiculous and out of line, calling a whole group of people out for it. 

I consider myself introverted, I don't do many social gatherings, pub nights, family events or the like. The thing that I feel most comfortable at is live music and festivals. You're being a piece of shit. Go fuck yourself. 

Also an introvert. It's wildly innacurate and pretty ignorant but would say it wasn't a malicious comment in anyway.  At least I hope not 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Btw I’m an extrovert myself, and there’s nothing wrong with introverts per se, but there’s a big issue with introverts wanting to push their ideals on to all of us. Basically we’ve all had to live like introverts in the past year and whilst that’s been a massive hammer blow for us extroverts, introverts have either been able to live how they’d ideally like to for the first time, or they’ve not had to go to the trouble of declining events etc.

 

Basically it should all be about choice. It’s perfectly ok for introverts to continue living the lockdown life if they prefer it that way but they do need to stop pushing it on everyone given how bad it is for the mental health of extroverts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Btw I’m an extrovert myself, and there’s nothing wrong with introverts per se, but there’s a big issue with introverts wanting to push their ideals on to all of us. Basically we’ve all had to live like introverts in the past year and whilst that’s been a massive hammer blow for us extroverts, introverts have either been able to live how they’d ideally like to for the first time, or they’ve not had to go to the trouble of declining events etc.

 

Basically it should all be about choice. It’s perfectly ok for introverts to continue living the lockdown life if they prefer it that way but they do need to stop pushing it on everyone given how bad it is for the mental health of extroverts. 

You don't understand what an introvert is. I'm introverted but sick of these restrictions and can't wait to get back to gigs, festivals, travel and nights out again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Btw I’m an extrovert myself, and there’s nothing wrong with introverts per se, but there’s a big issue with introverts wanting to push their ideals on to all of us. Basically we’ve all had to live like introverts in the past year and whilst that’s been a massive hammer blow for us extroverts, introverts have either been able to live how they’d ideally like to for the first time, or they’ve not had to go to the trouble of declining events etc.

 

Basically it should all be about choice. It’s perfectly ok for introverts to continue living the lockdown life if they prefer it that way but they do need to stop pushing it on everyone given how bad it is for the mental health of extroverts. 

Erm how do you know if someone you don’t know is an introvert or an extrovert ? Just out of interest ? 

Edited by crazyfool1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So people really think that introverts don't enjoy cinema, theatre, live music, clubbing? Mad.

I’m confused. I thought an introvert was someone who likes to stay at home, watch TV, read books etc, generally doesn’t like other people. Wouldn’t be seen dead in a club. Whereas an extrovert is someone who likes to attend parties and surround themselves with other people as much as possible. Have I gotten the wrong end of the stick? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Btw I’m an extrovert myself, and there’s nothing wrong with introverts per se, but there’s a big issue with introverts wanting to push their ideals on to all of us. Basically we’ve all had to live like introverts in the past year and whilst that’s been a massive hammer blow for us extroverts, introverts have either been able to live how they’d ideally like to for the first time, or they’ve not had to go to the trouble of declining events etc.

 

Basically it should all be about choice. It’s perfectly ok for introverts to continue living the lockdown life if they prefer it that way but they do need to stop pushing it on everyone given how bad it is for the mental health of extroverts. 

Thats just really odd way of looking at it.

I know several introverts who are looking forward to the current way of things ending...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Erm how do you know if someone you don’t know is an introvert or an extrovert ? Just out of interest ? 

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that the people championing infinite lockdowns are the people who actually enjoy them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m confused. I thought an introvert was someone who likes to stay at home, watch TV, read books etc, generally doesn’t like other people. Wouldn’t be seen dead in a club. Whereas an extrovert is someone who likes to attend parties and surround themselves with other people as much as possible. Have I gotten the wrong end of the stick? 

Yes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m confused. I thought an introvert was someone who likes to stay at home, watch TV, read books etc, generally doesn’t like other people. Wouldn’t be seen dead in a club. Whereas an extrovert is someone who likes to attend parties and surround themselves with other people as much as possible. Have I gotten the wrong end of the stick? 

Someone who's introverted might go out and club, attend parties and surround themselves with other people.

But just not necessarily be overly conversational for instance.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MrBarry465 said:

Thats just really odd way of looking at it.

I know several introverts who are looking forward to the current way of things ending...

Good for them for not being selfish twats then. What do introverts actually enjoy that can’t be done during lockdown? MAYBE the cinema I guess? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Could you elaborate please? 

It's more about the way you interact with people and whether or not you derive energy from social interactions or not. You can still definitely enjoy all kinds of cultural events as an introvert. I consider myself to be more on that side of things and love gigs, comedy, seeing my favourite people, travel etc etc etc. I might not love meeting loads of new people at a party but that doesn't mean I begrudge them happening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that the people championing infinite lockdowns are the people who actually enjoy them. 

You’ve got some really odd takes if you think anyone enjoys the situation we are now in …. Truely bizarre 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's more about the way you interact with people and whether or not you derive energy from social interactions or not. You can still definitely enjoy all kinds of cultural events as an introvert. I consider myself to be more on that side of things and love gigs, comedy, seeing my favourite people, travel etc etc etc. I might not love meeting loads of new people at a party but that doesn't mean I begrudge them happening. 

So it’s more about keeping a small core group of friends who you are loyal to rather than having a wider circle of companions who you are less close to on an individual level? 
 

This I can relate to. I’ve got a relatively small group of close friends (around 8-9 people) who I spend most of my free time with. Maybe I’m an introvert then. I just thought in the past that an introvert is someone who hates everyone and just wants to be alone all the time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

So it’s more about keeping a small core group of friends who you are loyal to rather than having a wider circle of companions who you are less close to on an individual level? 
 

This I can relate to. I’ve got a relatively small group of close friends (around 8-9 people) who I spend most of my free time with. Maybe I’m an introvert then. I just thought in the past that an introvert is someone who hates everyone and just wants to be alone all the time. 

You're describing a misanthrope. To be fair this thread increasingly makes me feel like one, but that's nothing to do with being an introvert. 

Edit: three attempts to spell misanthrope!

Edited by Zoo Music Girl
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To give FA probably more credit than they deserve, there were a lot of very bad jokey articles around the first lockdown titled things like “revenge of the introverts” or “introverts, now is your time to shine” - totally cringe worthy stuff. 

I suppose it’s just about barely possible, if coming from a place of ignorance, that you could have read those & assumed introverts were all loving the lockdown life.

That doesn’t make it true. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

You’ve got some really odd takes if you think anyone enjoys the situation we are now in …. Truely bizarre 

You are mistaken young sir. The virtue signalling middle class have worked from home on full pay for over a year now. I know this because I’m one of them. Plenty of the great British public will happily just sit in their house until god knows when, watching Strictly Celebrities Dancing on an Island or whatever it’s called and outsourcing their share of the virus risk to the local UberEats drivers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

You are mistaken young sir. The virtue signalling middle class have worked from home on full pay for over a year now. I know this because I’m one of them. Plenty of the great British public will happily just sit in their house until god knows when, watching Strictly Celebrities Dancing on an Island or whatever it’s called and outsourcing their share of the virus risk to the local UberEats drivers. 

So you have enjoyed being in lockdown then ? Really ? That’s not the memory i have of your posts when you struggled with lockdowns ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...