Jump to content

When will this shit end?


Chrisp1986

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

There is a very realistic alternative.  Trust the vaccines do exactly what they say on the tin.

You can be very cautious and say keep them - just in case.  But for me there has to be a clearer justification and a demonstration they are protecting again something.  They where a poor stop gap until we rolled out the vaccine - the concept we keep them forever as a mandatory thing is a awful concept.  

How did the winter flu go last winter ? Did face coverings help keep cases down ? I know it’s not covid but still impacts on the nhs …. I hate them tbh but if it’s what I have to do going forward then I’ll accept it and not make it some kind of major issue … because hopefully it might be something that helps us get things back more to how they were b4 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

This is progress. Hopefully it will persuade those who can, to bring 2nd doses forward with the fear of not being able to get another locally having been removed.

 

I still only have the option to cancel and rebook 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How did the winter flu go last winter ? Did face coverings help keep cases down ? I know it’s not covid but still impacts on the nhs …. I hate them tbh but if it’s what I have to do going forward then I’ll accept it and not make it some kind of major issue … because hopefully it might be something that helps us get things back more to how they were b4 

Well done you.  Do you think it was face coverings or the fact we don't test for flu ?  Social distancing? Etc..

You do you mate.  I fucking hate them and want them gone and that's okay 👌

The belittling of people who struggle with them is as toxic as people who confront people for wearing them 

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Well done you.  Do you think it was face coverings or the fact we don't yest for flu ?  Social distancing? Etc..

You do you mate.  I fucking hays fbme and want them gone and that's okay 👌

No need for demeaning tones thanks for that … so when we get the flu numbers from a year … it’s not tested then ? They just make it up ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

No need for demeaning tones thanks for that … so when we get the flu numbers from a year … it’s not tested then ? They just make it up ? 

You deemed me! 

They aren't made up but they don't result from a test.  If someone turns up in hospital struggling with chest difficulties etc the doctor would obviously ask about what's gone up and presume it was flu - which probably was.  

Did you think we test for flu?  It's rare.

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

No need for demeaning tones thanks for that … so when we get the flu numbers from a year … it’s not tested then ? They just make it up ? 

It's probably masks and social distancing that kept flu numbers down, right? That's obvious isn't it? And I guess without masks and social distancing in the winter then we would be having to deal with covid+flu which might stretch hospitals too far...so in bad winters we'll need to have restrictions, or we need bigger hospitals and more facilities and staff.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

It's probably masks and social distancing that kept flu numbers down, right? That's obvious isn't it? And I guess without masks and social distancing in the winter then we would be having to deal with covid+flu which might stretch hospitals too far...so in bad winters we'll need to have restrictions, or we need bigger hospitals and more facilities and staff.

It's madness to say it was face coverings lol.  We was practicing social distancing and flu was being out competed by covid.

Flu will no doubt be the biggest challenge once again due to the vaccines.

The idea we keep wearing face nappies with little evidence they make a big difference is boardering on madness.

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

It's probably masks and social distancing that kept flu numbers down, right? That's obvious isn't it? And I guess without masks and social distancing in the winter then we would be having to deal with covid+flu which might stretch hospitals too far...so in bad winters we'll need to have restrictions, or we need bigger hospitals and more facilities and staff.

Yep I didn’t mention social distancing which I absolutely agree plays a decent part in that … people in Asian countries I presume wear them for a reason to … some because of pollution levels but we also seem to be getting some issues with that here now … I hope Boris gets a move on with these 40 new hospitals he promised 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The winter pressures on the NHS aren't just caused by the flu. Trips and falls bed closures due to norovirus etc...

Granted flu and flu like symptoms are a massive part of that and 2018 was a really bad year but there is a plethora of information here https://nhsproviders.org/topics/delivery-and-performance/winter-pressures

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

The winter pressures on the NHS aren't just caused by the flu. Trips and falls bed closures due to norovirus etc...

Granted flu and flu like symptoms are a massive part of that and 2018 was a really bad year but there is a plethora of information here https://nhsproviders.org/topics/delivery-and-performance/winter-pressures

Yeah good points.  👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

The winter pressures on the NHS aren't just caused by the flu. Trips and falls bed closures due to norovirus etc...

Granted flu and flu like symptoms are a massive part of that and 2018 was a really bad year but there is a plethora of information here https://nhsproviders.org/topics/delivery-and-performance/winter-pressures

ok...and add covid to that and we have overstretched hospitals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Not everyone is comfortable and relax in them.  They cause me anxiety.  I can do 10 to 20 mins but after I need to get them off.  I am probably border line to claim an exemption to be frank but I recognise its the law, they might make a very small difference and I am just choosing to avoid doing things that involve them as much as possible.  So I haven't been to the cinema since March 2020 😞 

Just have a,drink and a bag of popcorn next to you. Seems to be the remit in every cinema here. And eat it very slowly. There's distancing anyway so no bugger is going to care what you're up to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, steviewevie said:

ok...and add covid to that and we have overstretched hospitals.

Not necessarily. Depends on the scale of Covid admissions and the other 'usual' admissions. It's not like all the flu admissions happen at the same time either, same with Covid there will be pressure points this winter like every other winter.

Elements of the NHS e.g. individual hospitals or trusts can be over stretched any winter or any day of the year. Plus the flu jab has been ramped up which should hopefully reduce the flu based pressures.

At the moment there is little suggestion that the NHS is going to be overwhelmed (different to overstretched), there is little evidence than the case to hospitalisation conversion rate is as high as it was (due to the vaccines protecting those most likely to end up in hospital). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, danmarks said:

Just have a,drink and a bag of popcorn next to you. Seems to be the remit in every cinema here. And eat it very slowly. There's distancing anyway so no bugger is going to care what you're up to. 

Cheers

It's just pointless to carry on with this health theatre if that's the reality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It definitely is the reality. Been about 6 times since reopening. Different cinemas , same in every one. They are much emptier tgan i expected too. So are the pubs .

 

Sad times.

But im in pubs and cinemas.

Good times!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How did the winter flu go last winter ? Did face coverings help keep cases down ? I know it’s not covid but still impacts on the nhs …. I hate them tbh but if it’s what I have to do going forward then I’ll accept it and not make it some kind of major issue … because hopefully it might be something that helps us get things back more to how they were b4 

We had virtually no flu season at all last winter.

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/clinical-areas/immunology-and-vaccines/no-flu-cases-detected-in-england-this-year-to-date/

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Not necessarily. Depends on the scale of Covid admissions and the other 'usual' admissions. It's not like all the flu admissions happen at the same time either, same with Covid there will be pressure points this winter like every other winter.

Elements of the NHS e.g. individual hospitals or trusts can be over stretched any winter or any day of the year. Plus the flu jab has been ramped up which should hopefully reduce the flu based pressures.

At the moment there is little suggestion that the NHS is going to be overwhelmed (different to overstretched), there is little evidence than the case to hospitalisation conversion rate is as high as it was (due to the vaccines protecting those most likely to end up in hospital). 

yes, sure.....but there is the chance that in some winters we get bad flu and bad covid....hospitals can just about cope with a bad flu outbreak, can they cope with both? When you say there is no evidence...well that's because we've never gone through it yet. Last year flu numbers were low, and we had lockdowns to stop covid getting too high. Going forward we have vaccines, which may be enough, or may not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yes, sure.....but there is the chance that in some winters we get bad flu and bad covid....hospitals can just about cope with a bad flu outbreak, can they cope with both? When you say there is no evidence...well that's because we've never gone through it yet. Last year flu numbers were low, and we had lockdowns to stop covid getting too high. Going forward we have vaccines, which may be enough, or may not.

There's going to be an overlap of the two though. Obviously no one knows how big an overlap but it wont be an either/or. Unfortunately some people will succome to covid who would have succomed to flu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...