When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

"we think"

Still not unequivocal. 

I still remain firmly in the "I'll believe it, when it happens" camp.

Simply put, 'he sees nothing in the data'....................................

The day Johnson ever sees anything that others can see or did see will never happen as he walks around like a blind fool.

We will just get more of this sort of soundbite drivel such as 'in the next few days', until the 12th when we are promised details and then will probably get very little in detail.

I will never forget how we were primed for a week before 5th April that he would be telling us all the details for international travel and then the press conference came and not one single word was said.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

well...he can't say for sure...but I reckon still looking good for 19th...and I reckon they're going to go for it.

Then why say anything? Has he learned nothing from his previous overcommitments? 

For what it's worth, I'm as desperate as anyone for the restrictions to be fully lifted on the 19th but I can't help but feel that certain numbers are still of concern. It would be nice for the government to clarify what the critical measurement is in order for the 19th to happen. Deaths? Cases? Hospitalisations? Full vaccinations? Unless it's been clarified and I've missed it, which there's a high chance of, in fairness 😀

Either way, I just don't trust a single word from any member of this government and I remain unconvinced that the restrictions will be lifted on the 19th without certain caveats.

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Then why say anything? Has he learned nothing from his previous overcommitments? 

For what it's worth, I'm as desperate as anyone for the restrictions to be fully lifted on the 19th but I can't help but feel that certain numbers are still of concern. It would be nice for the government to clarify what the critical measurement is in order for the 19th to happen. Deaths? Cases? Hospitalisations? Full vaccinations? Unless it's been clarified and I've missed it, which there's a high chance of, in fairness 😀

Either way, I just don't trust a single word from any member of this government and I remain unconvinced that the restrictions will be lifted on the 19th without certain caveats.

He either never learns anything or knows that whatever he says/does doesn’t matter and he’ll get away with it. 

1 minute ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Positive case. Entire office shut for 2 weeks. Completely proportionate reaction.

Tested negative after the positive case was in the office but that’s irrelevant. 

Absolutely hate working from home.

The idea of going from such hysteria to no restrictions in a few weeks is laughable. People won't be able to process it 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Was talking to my friend who works ina University yesterday.  Got more clarity on the comments about leaving it up to private companies if they want a vaccine certificate.

Basically a way to move responsibility away from the govt on outbreaks. If you have a vaccine certificate system, the company wouldn't be able to be sued if there is an outbreak at the office/gig venue/lecture hall. I believe that's the law the govt would pass, that a vaccine certificate system being in place would give private companies a defence in court 

11 minutes ago, zahidf said:

they need to break that 1-100 down.....100 deaths per day ...700 deaths per week...36.5k deaths per year?

Anyway, it's all about hospital capacity. That is the metric. And at moment and probably for the remainder of the year, hospitals are busy.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Was talking to my friend who works ina University yesterday.  Got more clarity on the comments about leaving it up to private companies if they want a vaccine certificate.

Basically a way to move responsibility away from the govt on outbreaks. If you have a vaccine certificate system, the company wouldn't be able to be sued if there is an outbreak at the office/gig venue/lecture hall. I believe that's the law the govt would pass, that a vaccine certificate system being in place would give private companies a defence in court 

Wonder what their plan is when there are still outbreaks despite only letting vaccinated people in...or if they let them use the useless tests