Jump to content

When will this shit end?


Chrisp1986

Recommended Posts

 

 

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

 

 

 

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Links back to what I said earlier. My heart weeps for how terrified some people are and what damage this has done to people.

60% large outdoor events? Festivals who push on are mental - if this is public option they shouldn't spend a pound more and just release their statements on Tuesday. With a populist government that sort of poll means there's no chance this year 

Edited by efcfanwirral
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

My friend in Singapore just sent me a video of his little boy playing golf for the first time on an actual course.  Just them, grass and a lot of fresh air.  Poor little thing had a mask on.  Madness...  Its not just our country that has totally lost the plot. 

Historic British connections though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a lot of people are generally keen on restrictions as long as it doesn’t affect them. Reminds me of during an earlier lockdown, there was a poll where something like 85% of people would follow restrictions perfectly, but nearly 60% of people felt others wouldn’t 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JB15 said:

I think a lot of people are generally keen on restrictions as long as it doesn’t affect them. Reminds me of during an earlier lockdown, there was a poll where something like 85% of people would follow restrictions perfectly, but nearly 60% of people felt others wouldn’t 

Its exactly this...

I mentioned my daughters primary school leaving party.  Its huge for her but tiny in the grand scheme.  So people say she has to miss out on it.  Easy for them - devastating for her.  She obviously isn't the only one.

I think a lot about the kids when it comes to the rules.  They have missed the most I would say and people keep saying they will get over it.  My daughter has missed her 10th Birthday party, 11th Birthday party, school leaving party (now), school residential, sports days, school plays and more.

These are the bedrock of any childhood memories - all toast. 

The worse some people had was a 6 month paid holiday on furlough.  

Its not hurting everyone the same way.

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

not really a representative sample 😂

Not really 😛 

To be honest it was a little more representive than normal.  Its usually full of council estate scumbags but this time it had a few more middle class scumbags who had their yearly trip to Orlando cancelled (me 😄 ) 

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Its exactly this...

I mentioned my daughters primary school leaving party.  Its huge for her but tiny in the grand scheme.  So people say she has to miss out on it.  Easy for them - devastating for her.  She obviously isn't the only one.

I think a lot about the kids when it comes to the rules.  They have missed the most I would say and people keep saying they will get over it.  My daughter has missed her 10th Birthday party, 11th Birthday party, school leaving party (now), school residential, sports days, school plays and more.

These are the bedrock of any childhood memories - all toast. 

The worse some people had was a 6 month paid holiday on furlough.  

Its not hurting everyone the same way.

You OK hun? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Its exactly this...

I mentioned my daughters primary school leaving party.  Its huge for her but tiny in the grand scheme.  So people say she has to miss out on it.  Easy for them - devastating for her.  She obviously isn't the only one.

I think a lot about the kids when it comes to the rules.  They have missed the most I would say and people keep saying they will get over it.  My daughter has missed her 10th Birthday party, 11th Birthday party, school leaving party (now), school residential, sports days, school plays and more.

These are the bedrock of any childhood memories - all toast. 

The worse some people had was a 6 month paid holiday on furlough.  

Its not hurting everyone the same way.

I know we've had our differences, but this message is sent in peace, honest:

Couldn't you parents get together and organise some sort of leaving party, independent of the school? Some sort of barbecue/disco in someone's back garden or something? Obviously not the whole school year, but just her best mates. It's obviously not the same, but better than nothing, right?

You're right, it hasn't affected everyone the same - I really feel for the kids especially. Luckily, my daughter is an adult. I hate to think how it would have affected her when she was a kid.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I know we've had our differences, but this message is sent in peace, honest:

Couldn't you parents get together and organise some sort of leaving party, independent of the school? Some sort of barbecue/disco in someone's back garden or something? Obviously not the whole school year, but just her best mates. It's obviously not the same, but better than nothing, right?

You're right, it hasn't affected everyone the same - I really feel for the kids especially. Luckily, my daughter is an adult. I hate to think how it would have affected her when she was a kid.

Thanks for the kind words.  

We have mitigated things at every point.  Its equally affecting her younger sister so we replaced their birthday parties with a joint over night stay in Blackpool and a visit to the Pleasure Beach when things reopened later in the year.  We will of course as a group of parents do what we can to get the class together but if we have the rule of 30 in place then that is the issue.  The class has a bout 26 kids in it and then you need parents...  bit of a challenge...  We will see what we can work out but I think we might be snookered on the end of school thing if restrictions go beyond a certain point.

I can take pretty much anything that is thrown at me but it floors me when it robs the kids.  Not just my kids - all the kids.  They are seriously missing out.

My wife is a teacher and there is a lot of bad going on with the kids.  Things aren't okay and some parents are a little in denial about just how bad things are - specially in our secondary schools.  Thankfully a lot of kids will open up to a trusted teacher.  Leaves my wife carrying a lot of emotional baggage mind but gives her a chance to intervene. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Thanks for the kind words.  

We have mitigated things at every point.  Its equally affecting her younger sister so we replaced their birthday parties with a joint over night stay in Blackpool and a visit to the Pleasure Beach when things reopened later in the year.  We will of course as a group of parents do what we can to get the class together but if we have the rule of 30 in place then that is the issue.  The class has a bout 26 kids in it and then you need parents...  bit of a challenge...  We will see what we can work out but I think we might be snookered on the end of school thing if restrictions go beyond a certain point.

I can take pretty much anything that is thrown at me but it floors me when it robs the kids.  Not just my kids - all the kids.  They are seriously missing out.

My wife is a teacher and there is a lot of bad going on with the kids.  Things aren't okay and some parents are a little in denial about just how bad things are - specially in our secondary schools.  Thankfully a lot of kids will open up to a trusted teacher.  Leaves my wife carrying a lot of emotional baggage mind but gives her a chance to intervene. 

Kids have missed out so much because of this 'shit'. In some ways it's worse that they don't know what they have missed out on. I have one in 1st year of uni (no freshers week for her) and another turned 18 in lock down (pubs, what pubs). Trivial stuff to many but... 

Apologies for the 'OK hun' stuff earlier but you can be a bit of a dick at times 😋

Edited by HalfAnIdiot
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Thanks for the kind words.  

We have mitigated things at every point.  Its equally affecting her younger sister so we replaced their birthday parties with a joint over night stay in Blackpool and a visit to the Pleasure Beach when things reopened later in the year.  We will of course as a group of parents do what we can to get the class together but if we have the rule of 30 in place then that is the issue.  The class has a bout 26 kids in it and then you need parents...  bit of a challenge...  We will see what we can work out but I think we might be snookered on the end of school thing if restrictions go beyond a certain point.

I can take pretty much anything that is thrown at me but it floors me when it robs the kids.  Not just my kids - all the kids.  They are seriously missing out.

My wife is a teacher and there is a lot of bad going on with the kids.  Things aren't okay and some parents are a little in denial about just how bad things are - specially in our secondary schools.  Thankfully a lot of kids will open up to a trusted teacher.  Leaves my wife carrying a lot of emotional baggage mind but gives her a chance to intervene. 

Fair play, hope you can sort something that makes her happy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Kids have missed out so much because of this 'shit'. In some ways it's worse that they don't know what they have missed out on. I have one in 1st year of uni (no freshers week for her) and another turned 18 in lock down (pubs, what pubs). Trivial stuff to many but... 

Apologies for the 'OK hun' stuff earlier but you can be a bit of a dick at times 😋

I thought the Ok hun stuff was funny lol.

The uni kids have had a shit deal.  They where some of the best days of my life and to think of how the uni kids have been robbed of so much it isn't good.  My nephew just finished his first year - he actually said it was alright and I thought - you have no idea how much better it could of been lol 🙂 

My friends daughter finished Uni in 2020 with a first.  She is currently working in a chippy with zero job opportunities.  So sad for her.  In good news she is now apply to start teacher training for 2021 in take so hopefully that will kick start her career all be it a different path.

I think we all need to understand that a "few more weeks" for some can be utterly devastating consequences and that's why reopening matters - while also accepting that you can't just let the NHS get destroyed by a rampant virus.

I need a beer 🙂 

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I thought the Ok hun stuff was funny lol.

The uni kids have had a shit.  They where some of the best days of my life and to think of how the uni kids have been robbed of some much it isn't good.  My cousin just finished his first year - he actually said it was alright and I thought - you have no idea how much better it could of been lol 🙂 

My friends daughter finished Uni in 2020 with a first.  She is currently working in a chippy with zero job opportunities.  So sad for her.  In good news she is now apply to start teacher training for 2021 in take so hopefully that will kick start her career all be it a different path.

I think we all need to understand that a "few more weeks" for some can be utterly devastating consequences and that's why reopening matters - while also accepting that you can't just let the NHS get destroyed by a rampant virus.

I need a beer 🙂 

4 more weeks is hurting, but if that's what it has to be then I accept it. 

Fun just seems to have stopped, and fun is important. Not so much for, I've had loads in my time, but for kids, yeah. 

Enjoy your beer. 

 

Edited by HalfAnIdiot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...