When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Barry Fish said:

She thinks this will all be solved by muzzling kids, making everywhere a bit more breezy and paying people to isolate.

I think she is wrong.  I don't think any of that will make a huge difference.

Better ventilation will definitely make a big difference: several studies have been out saying it spreads less in those situations

8 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Close contact is within 2m for 15 minutes, it's perfectly possible to train and get changed without doing that. It's isn't the SFA's fault that Mount, Chillwell and Gilmour were all having a cuddle.

34 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Is the Scottish FA for real? We've got players having to isolate but Gilmour's team mates don't? Confused.

Obviously more going on that anyone is saying.   They are Gilmour's team mates - just not in the same national squad....??

Edited by Lizzim

24 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

The letter of the law surely would lead to Scotland forfeiting the game 

I do wonder what they'd do if this wasn't a home nation...

The “letter of the law” says you play unless you don’t have 13 available players, in which case you can delay by up to 48 hours. If still not possible you forfeit. 

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Close contact = 15 mins or more within a metre indoors. This interaction you see above is not a close contact.

The issue is that Gilmour spent 25 mins with Mount and Chilwell in the tunnel 

1 hour ago, danmarks said:

I havent got Glastonbury tickets. 

Can no one goes until i get some. Thankyou 

Of course, this analogy doesn't take into account that in not getting Glastonbury tickets, these people also had to stay inside and not attend any other festival or do anything else to enable all Glastonbury-goers to be alive and thus able to go to Glastonbury once it is back on...

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Close contact = 15 mins or more within a metre indoors. This interaction you see above is not a close contact.

The issue is that Gilmour spent 25 mins with Mount and Chilwell in the tunnel 

In which case the negative tests should satisfy that there was no onward transmission shouldn't they?

Edit: to add to this when I had Covid because we had quite literally crossed paths (before I had a test & were further away than 2 meters) and spoke to some friends of ours for 5 mins in the park. The entire family had to isolate.

Edited by JoeyT

38 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

That's not 15 minutes mate, the issue is Chillwell, Mount and Gilmour was more than just the photo of them hugging they hung out together in the tunnel for half an hour.

I'm not saying the rules aren't silly but it isn't the SFA's fault that two of your players where in close contact with a positive case. Mount was shite against us and Chillwell hasn't started a game yet, grow up and move on.

9 minutes ago, mcshed said:

That's not 15 minutes mate, the issue is Chillwell, Mount and Gilmour was more than just the photo of them hugging they hung out together in the tunnel for half an hour.

I'm not saying the rules aren't silly but it isn't the SFA's fault that two of your players where in close contact with a positive case. Mount was shite against us and Chillwell hasn't started a game yet, grow up and move on.

Yeah I tend to agree, the issues seems to have been a breaking of the bubble in the tunnel which is a shame but shows how easily it can be done even with all the precautions that are there.

How come no other England players will have to isolate?

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah I tend to agree, the issues seems to have been a breaking of the bubble in the tunnel which is a shame but shows how easily it can be done even with all the precautions that are there.

How come no other England players will have to isolate?

Simple. None of the others spent 15 mins with Gilmour in the tunnel like the Chelsea guys did. 

8 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I actually think there is questions for the SFA of why their player wasn't keeping the very clearly stated distance.  They do share the fault unless you think the various FAs have no responsibility towards the wider communities ?   The protocols around both teams are clearly shite.

I'm talking about an England fan blaming the SFA for 2 England players having to isolate whilst the only Scotland player isolating has a positive test. I would hold the individuals responsible but if you want to blame an association then surely the FA is 2/3 responsible to the SFA's 1/3 for the threesome. Add that this breach happened at Wembley then if we are apportioning blame then surely it lies in England. 

Meanwhile Scotland go into a game where a win would produce their best result of all time without man of the match from the previous game and England miss out on a left back so good Gareth opted to play 2 right backs in the opening game in a game where they've already qualified and some fans want them to lose as they are scared of their potential knockout opponents.

Isolation will be over by the Quarter finals hopefully we're still there. COVID rules are shite for football but hate COVID not the SFA.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Is the Scottish FA for real? We've got players having to isolate but Gilmour's team mates don't? Confused.

This is what I was complaining about, blaming the SFA for two England players breaking protocols.

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Like I say I think its on all the FAs to handle themselves and there players.  I don't hate the SFA.

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

another odd take .... when people in this thread have been talking about the media scaring people for weeks .... 

It’s a level of anxiety that is personal to people and people shouldn’t be made to feel any less because they are worried about the virus still. Some will take longer than others to reacclimatise, it’s perfectly normal. 

Edited by Ozanne
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It’s a level of anxiety that is personal to people and people shouldn’t be made to feel any less because they are worried about the virus still. Some will take longer than others to reacclimatise, it’s perfectly normal. 

Well yeah but that becomes a bigger problem when like @efcfanwirral suggests, restrictions are still in place to pander to the Helen Lovejoy brigade.

It’s one think to be personally cautious, you’re not really hurting anyone else. It’s a whole other deal that festivals are going to lose out on another summer to pander to a bunch or moronic weirdos with no ability to understand risk.