When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Here's something:

You can attend all of the various sporting events taking place at % of normal capacity but you're not allowed to go to your child's school sports day...

Is this the case everywhere or only at the school my Wife is a teacher at? I'd be fuming!

Edited by JoeyT

28 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

So any more delay could make things worse eventually seems to be what I take from those slides. Will read the full thing later! 

no, there were two scenarios based on different transmission rates of delta...the more pessimistic one maybe led to more herd immunity and so no spring wave. Anyway, he said not to worry about the spring wave...yet....

35 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Here's something:

You can attend all of the various sporting events taking place at % of normal capacity but you're not allowed to go to your child's school sports day...

Is this the case everywhere or only at the school my Wife is a teacher at? I'd be fuming!

Yep! Me and the wife talked about it today.  Yet we’re all allowed on the playground to pick them up.  

125,000 at silverstone though will be ok

It really is striking how clearly an extra week of data has shown that keeping restrictions after today was (predictably) the wrong call.

The Phase Portrait of hospitalisations posted above shows that by itself. To be honest it showed that a week ago as well but too many people panicking about raw case numbers caused the cowards in Westminster to cave in even though they knew and had stated that cases wasn't the main metric to use.

Edited by incident

If Sturgeon wants to ban travel to and from Manchester and the north of England  due to the rate of infection there then her own fucking constituency should have been in total lock down for the duration of this pandemic.  It has the worst infection rate in Scotland and has held that dubious honour many times.  Double standards and hypocrisy,well done to Andy Burnham for saying what the opposition up here should be saying. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

If Sturgeon wants to ban travel to and from Manchester and the north of England  due to the rate of infection there then her own fucking constituency should have been in total lock down for the duration of this pandemic.  It has the worst infection rate in Scotland and has held that dubious honour many times.  Double standards and hypocrisy,well done to Andy Burnham for saying what the opposition up here should be saying. 

Surely you’re not suggesting she’s doing it for point scoring?!

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Manchester going to war with Scotland.

6 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

All three play for Chelsea, did they meet up after the game? 

I can’t think either camp would have allowed this given teams are supposed to be in secure bubbles.

It’s an absolute mockery that England players are isolating and not one extra Scottish player has to… how is that even possible?