When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Another reading is that Matt Hancock saved hundreds of lives cause he knows his boss is a dickhead who doesn't and will never understand the dangers exponential growth.

Boris Johnson does things like point out the current death rate, ignoring the growth rate. Or point out that we're below some scenarios from a few months ago, created before Delta was known about.

Boris Johnson would point to the national figures, which mix up the decline in areas that didn't have large penetration of Delta with the growth rate in areas such as the NW, trying to make the case that the national figures would grow in that way everywhere despite the fact that it's much more likely that the rest of the country would follow the NW in due course.

Boris Johnson thinks that if there's mild growth now, then opening up and supercharging that delicately balanced growth would be fine, not lead to a renewed bout of exponential growth.

Boris Johnson thinks the link between cases and hospitalisations is "broken", not simply half as strong as it once was - meaning that we're only a single doubling cycle away from the relationship between cases and hospitalisations being the same as it ever was. He's heard that "cases don't matter" anymore and wants to crack on.

Boris Johnson doesn't really want to look at the data objectively unless forced to by people who know better. He's a complete and utter dickhead who is full of shit at every turn.

No wonder Hancock hid data from an idiot with opinions like that. 

Obviously I don't know if the PM really thought any of this, but that's the kind of bullshit we're up against, isn't it?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Another reading is that Matt Hancock saved hundreds of lives cause he knows his boss is a dickhead who doesn't and will never understand the dangers exponential growth.

Boris Johnson does things like point out the current death rate, ignoring the growth rate. Or point out that we're below some scenarios from a few months ago, created before Delta was known about.

Boris Johnson would point to the national figures, which mix up the decline in areas that didn't have large penetration of Delta with the growth rate in areas such as the NW, trying to make the case that the national figures would grow in that way everywhere despite the fact that it's much more likely that the rest of the country would follow the NW in due course.

Boris Johnson thinks that if there's mild growth now, then opening up and supercharging that delicately balanced growth would be fine, not lead to a renewed bout of exponential growth.

Boris Johnson thinks the link between cases and hospitalisations is "broken", not simply half as strong as it once was - meaning that we're only a single doubling cycle away from the relationship between cases and hospitalisations being the same as it ever was. He's heard that "cases don't matter" anymore and wants to crack on.

Boris Johnson doesn't really want to look at the data objectively unless forced to by people who know better. He's a complete and utter dickhead who is full of shit at every turn.

No wonder Hancock hid data from an idiot with opinions like that. 

Obviously I don't know if the PM really thought any of this, but that's the kind of bullshit we're up against, isn't it?

Hold on. If the data shows the link is broken and the vaccines work better than expected then there isn't any justification for the above? The story is that Hancock was hiding the vaccine efficacy data. What's that got to do with exponential growth?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, kalifire said:

Nobody can get first jabs in Melbourne any more, because of supply issues. Australia have totally fucked up the vaccine rollout. Thankfully my second jab is already booked for July 8th. 

What’s most pathetic is that Pfizer met with Australian officials in July 2020 offering the vaccines with similar conditions as to Israel and we turned them down and went with the cheaper AZ option. 

3% fully vaccinated, snap lockdowns still required with every case, borders not set to reopen to mid 2022

CONS +10

6 hours ago, Gregfc15 said:

What’s most pathetic is that Pfizer met with Australian officials in July 2020 offering the vaccines with similar conditions as to Israel and we turned them down and went with the cheaper AZ option. 

3% fully vaccinated, snap lockdowns still required with every case, borders not set to reopen to mid 2022

CONS +10

My Sister was telling me that the Aussies she works with aren’t overly bothered with the slow vaccine roll out because of all the domestic based freedoms they have but on a personal level her and her husband are disappointed because it means my parents can’t go out and see them.

They’re in Perth and she is having her vaccine next week. She’s 46 so god knows how long it’s going to take to get the adult population vaccinated.

9 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I've no idea why he lied, it could be any numerous amount of reasons (if this is true).

Alternatively the story comes from The Telegraph via Politicsforall, and has been denied by DHSC, so there's a very good chance the story is fabricated shite.

Political shenanigans .

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

We have to remember it's extremely rare for a child to suffer anything other than mild disease and usually its asymptomatic.  

The issue was kids passing it on to the older population which is now resolved.  

yep totally agree ... although with base numbers like that the hope is that they dont pass it onwards .... high levels of community transmission at once isnt great 

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

We have to remember it's extremely rare for a child to suffer anything other than mild disease and usually its asymptomatic.  

The issue was kids passing it on to the older population which is now resolved.  

Absolutely right.

Israel may have cases but that is, so far, all.

As long as world cases stop leading to mass hospitalisations then the vaccines have done their job.

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Hmmmmm......

Since when do we agree to give away our freedoms to save the NHS? Definitely trying to move the goalposts 

Do you remember why this was all done to start with ? protect the NHS save lives ? the message was always to prevent the NHS being overwhelmed .... Ive just watched Marr and Susan Hopkins seemed quite fair and reasonable with her summing up of where we are ... much was about living with the virus ... That last bit from Hugo was a tiny amount of the interview ... 

Welp. There we go. I have tested positive for Covid after my partner did, who had been into work the previous week. Fortunately both mild at the moment, but definitely feels like it's 'everywhere'. My partner rang to cancel a hair appointment, only for her hairdresser to say she had it as well! 

Just now, Freddyflintstonree said:

Welp. There we go. I have tested positive for Covid after my partner did, who had been into work the previous week. Fortunately both mild at the moment, but definitely feels like it's 'everywhere'. My partner rang to cancel a hair appointment, only for her hairdresser to say she had it as well! 

Oh ffs 😞 have either of you been vaccinated ?  all the best for a swift recovery 

1 minute ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Sorry to hear that, best wish your way and I hope it stays mild for you both!