When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Nutters

What were they expecting? We always knew there would be an exit wave, we always knew there was a good chance of new variants, I really don’t understand it! What do viruses do as they mutate, they get more transmissible! The virus wants to spread, as we vaccinate more and more surely they will become even more transmissible given the pressure vaccines are putting on it. 

Just now, tigger123 said:

What were they expecting? We always knew there would be an exit wave, we always knew there was a good chance of new variants, I really don’t understand it! What do viruses do as they mutate, they get more transmissible! The virus wants to spread, as we vaccinate more and more surely they will become even more transmissible given the pressure vaccines are putting on it. 

And that's why i don't trust some of the experts... they are trying to get their own ideas through under cover of the pandemic

1 minute ago, tigger123 said:

The usual path of a virus is it gets more transmissible and less deadly. 

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

And that's why i don't trust some of the experts... they are trying to get their own ideas through under cover of the pandemic

There is no doubt agendas and politics at play from some quarters and just general anti goverment sentiment.

A lot of this is positioning for claims for more money post unlocking and political point scoring when a handful of people die in July 

7 minutes ago, hhunting said:

it was allowed to start months ago because the rules months ago allowed it. it just didn't because of a lack of permission from landowners

oh, right....just assumed it couldn't because of rule of 30..? On their website it has following:

We are delighted to announce that more than 500 events have full landowner permission to return, which means we now have enough permissions to confirm a restart date for 5k parkrun in England on Saturday 26 June.

This is subject to the Government communication on Monday 14 June, after which we will make a further statement confirming our position.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

oh, right....just assumed it couldn't because of rule of 30..? On their website it has following:

We are delighted to announce that more than 500 events have full landowner permission to return, which means we now have enough permissions to confirm a restart date for 5k parkrun in England on Saturday 26 June.

This is subject to the Government communication on Monday 14 June, after which we will make a further statement confirming our position.

yeah i think it's because some of the approvals have been subject to the decision on Monday, so i think you are actually still right that it could be delayed further as well

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

If we delay we push those waves into the autumn and potentially flu season

Literally bollocks.

If we delay it stops people getting it and we then get them vaccinated..... How dense are some of you being>

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

If we delay we push those waves into the autumn and potentially flu season

A few weeks delay will probably be ok, but the months advocated by fake SAGE and those idiots trying to keep masks and social distancing forever will definitely do that